• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu vs Mk: a 6/4 matchup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Was playing Seibrik's mk in a looong manly mm earlier this week.

Figured out something.... BIG

Making pikachu have a solid advantage over mk.

Vids will come up AFTER apex, and if I don't win it (and peaches don't get in my way), you can quote this and claim that I suck.

Cassio

Smash Master
Goddang it ESAM. You better not lose to a peach.

As for OP + title Im skeptical, although Pikas pretty gay so I wouldnt be too surprised if you found something. Guess we'll see.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
its very mk specific for some reason, but im not revealing it to anyone till after apex.

you'll see why!

oh, and please don't bother me about it at all, be patient and i promise it'll be worth it.

zmx

Smash Lord
I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a large troll attempt. You'd think after 3 years if there was something drastically MU changing it would've have been found out by at least one other person by now.

The fact that Seibrik immediately responded also seems pretty fishy.

That being said I would love to see a pikachu (or pretty much anything but MK) win Apex.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
its not a troll, to be fair im still with him (we hung out for new years) and just figured it out tonight during the manly mm, we're both kinda excited about it, me cuz yay pika, him cause he thinks it might help mk get unbanned after apex (at least he hopes)

zmx

Smash Lord
Lol well I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I would love for this to be true because it would make the URC seriously consider unbanning him and force people to admit MK isn't so broken after all.

But all the same it just seems SO unlikely, especially that it's discovered now when he's about to be banned. You must admit it's extremely hard to believe.

But playing Devil's Advocate, can you at least tell us if you've test this out thoroughly enough to conclude there's no way to break out of the tactic in question when executed properly? Meaning there's no way it could possibly fail against any MK?

Djent

Smash Champion
6:4 ?!? This has got to be some form of infinite...if it's true. :awesome:

Also, goddamnit, why do you always find new tech before nationals? Pulling D-Throw UAir out a week before DC, now this! Your timing is impeccable.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It isn't quite something you can "get out of" because it isn't something they can "be in" ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My penis got hard for a sec
and now it's flaccid

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Just quit losing to those blasted IC's , ESAM. Looking forwards to this new technique, whatever it may be.

Any chance it's applicable to other characters, or just MK?

(And on a completely unrelated note, I'm kind of amused that the guy above me has exactly 1,024 posts as of this typing.)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Is this a frame trap, a glitch or something of the sort? Can you describe (or at least hint) why you believe it only works on MK?
My penis got hard for a sec
and now it's flaccid
[COLLAPSE="Pikapika for teh lulz"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I miss the old Xat.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's funny because it won't matter much after Apex.
agreed with prime. and its too late, even this wont unban mk no matter how good it is
Fortunately, the USA is the only place in the world where people play smash :rolleyes:
And, really, I don't understand that attitude - how the **** is it "too late" to advance the metagame? This is as good a time as any other ... in case this isn't just trolling.

:059:

Faruko

Smash Rookie
I've know about this for months. It's amazing how much bad you've gotten esam.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Fortunately, the USA is the only place in the world where people play smash :rolleyes:
And, really, I don't understand that attitude - how the **** is it "too late" to advance the metagame? This is as good a time as any other ... in case this isn't just trolling.

You just don't know the context of my statement. First off MK SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BANNED IN THE FIRST PLACE! Second off the people in "charge", the horribly corrupted URC won't ever unban. They catered to the mid level ie themselves and banned a not broken char so they might do better. Third off banning mk means the metagame will advance sans mk which will only make his dominance more pronounced if he is unbanned and then he's banned again.

Hopefully didn't come off too mad, I don't think you understood where my statement came from. I'm all for metagame advancement and even more for not hiding things, it could easily be argued that esam is holding it back so only he knows before the mk ban but I won't go there. Either way this tech won't matter mk is now permabanned

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It will matter everywhere except america, which is still the majority of the world. And I don't mind the "coming off as mad" part, I actually agree with your post.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I bet it's not even something that Pikachu can do to MK
It's just something that ESAM can do to MK
This. Odds are that it isn't easy to do as Pikachu and people can't just pick up chu to do well against metaknight. Metaknight loses no matchups period, he is broken. A tech that could possibly give pikachu the advantage also will not unban him because there were multiple factors into mk getting banned. Anyone pro mk shut up, anyone pro ban you get a lolipop.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
+one pro mk, the only thing true about mk is he is overused which isnt the same thing as broken. if other fighting games banned chars as fast as bad smash players did every fighting game ever would have at least one banned char looool

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
+one pro mk, the only thing true about mk is he is overused which isnt the same thing as broken. if other fighting games banned chars as fast as bad smash players did every fighting game ever would have at least one banned char looool
so this...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ESAM, wouldn't this help other pikas do better vs MK at Apex? Any way you can just let the pikas know? (I'm still not confident in the Ike vs MK MU so I use Pikachu still for that)

Captain L

Smash Champion
is it something that has to be practiced a lot? Or can it be implemented into play quite easily?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
This. Odds are that it isn't easy to do as Pikachu and people can't just pick up chu to do well against metaknight. Metaknight loses no matchups period, he is broken. A tech that could possibly give pikachu the advantage also will not unban him because there were multiple factors into mk getting banned. Anyone pro mk shut up, anyone pro ban you get a lolipop.
Well that's obvious.. That's why you practice.

Cassio

Smash Master
That would require work and effort. People who cry about MK being too hard just want **** handed to them so you can see why theyd be opposed to that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
WTF

Seibrik hacked my Smashboards for like the past 2 days, I didn't say any of this ****.

Sorry guys :(

Also, shame on you guys for thinking I wouldn't tell you. The ****, I tell you guys EVERYTHING when I figure it out.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Or they just have a grip on reality because the people who dilute themselves into thinking metaknight isn't broken are just arrogant because they thrive on the fact that it's still possible to beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom