• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Taunt Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Let's face it. Virtually every single one of Pikachu's attacks and movements can be considered a taunt. Let's list them in a tier list because we can. :D

Top Tier:
Walk (slow)
Backwards Crawl
Forwards Crawl
SideTaunt

High Tier:
QAC(in place)
QAC(zipping around)
Dtaunt
Utilt
Utaunt

Mid Tier:
Thunder
Rapid Jab
Dash Attack
Dsmash
Walk (normal)
Ftilt
Nair
Crouch

Low Tier:
Skull Bash
Running
Backwards Short Hop
Fsmash
Usmash
Forwards Short Hop

Bottom Tier:
Thunder Jolt
Dtilt

This tier list is perfect, but suggestions could help make it even more perfect. :D

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
rofl, i dtilt taunt all the time. it deserves at least mid :D
and agreed at slow walk being the best XD

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think jumping backwards should be right below walk (normal) its surprisingly fun. Also, you must add to the top of top tier to "Alternately forward crawl and back crawl" its ****ing awesome.

And also, D-tilt sliding from side to side is a pretty fun taunt. At least above skull bash.

K 2

Smash Lord
haha! I'm not the only one who uses slow walk to taunt. It's too good. =)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think crouching should be a liiiittle higher... I love crouching multiple times, then crawling back and forth...

I've never slow walked to taunt, tho, now I have to try it. :laugh:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
dtaunt should be top of top. end of discussion.
It should DEFINITELY be higher than side taunt, in any case. It's so cute... (but so overused...)

...and this is going to sound really weird, but I never use it on FD because it's not flashy enough. The music makes the "Pikaa~aaa" hard to hear, and the crazy background makes a little rolling Pikachu ever so slightly less epic. :(

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The Pikachu boards are so spammy now, lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Mreh... It could be worse...

I spend too much time on SWF I do...

anyway on-topic, DTaunt spammed is the equivalent of "Your too slow!", so it deserves a spot up there.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Break shield at the end up the stage.

But I always slow walk, lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu doesn't have enough new things to not have spam threads like this. All pika's now how to do the ATs so we don't need to have more threads explaining it. Most people also are waiting for galax to make match-up threads also because he was the most intelligent one and the only one willing to devote that much time to them. Jw, has anybody mastered pikas scarring?

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I see no crouch-dashing on here. What kind of disgusting bias is this?!

Down Taunt does deserve high tier for dodging projectiles, though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Jw, has anybody mastered pikas scarring?
I can do it pretty consistently, but only when I'm b-sticking.... and I hate b-sticking. (Jumping when I want to QAC? Wtf?)

I haven't been able to do it in a real match with my normal controls, tho. Pika must be squeezing through a really small freakin space.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
i still have never done it =/ can some one help me with it?
You have to QA diagonally upwards towards the stage almost immediately after you let go of the ledge.

With normal controls (assuming you have your c-stick set to smashes), you'll probably fall too far before you can input the QA.... unless you have super-lightning-fast fingers.

If you b-stick, you can just hit up on the c-stick and diagonal-up towards the stage as soon as you let go. It's fancy, but it's not worth changing your controls for. And if you fail, it's a guaranteed SD...

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
Thunder hitting Pikachu is the ****z when doing it in slow motion at the end of a time match.

K 2

Smash Lord
Pikachu doesn't have enough new things to not have spam threads like this. All pika's now how to do the ATs so we don't need to have more threads explaining it. Most people also are waiting for galax to make match-up threads also because he was the most intelligent one and the only one willing to devote that much time to them. Jw, has anybody mastered pikas scarring?
hmm...I was also wondering about the matchup threads. Has Galax been busy or something? Can someone else pick up the match up threads? I've noticed there haven't been any new matchup discussions for the past month or so.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Idt anybody is good enough at putting those ideas in order like Galax. After all, he is the god of pika knowledge. THe thing is he has full-time school and full-time work (at disney) so that takes a lot of time.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
slow walk is epic..

Crouching is fun for me..

My favorite taunt is leaning off the ledge though.

Dtaunt is god tier

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but I have some really bad news. This is really hard for me to say. A lot of you are probably going to be shocked, sad, angry, disgusted even, but I feel that it has gone on too long and I'm afraid that I need to tell you guys the truth, so here it is:

None of Pikachu's taunts will ever be as good as Dedede's crouch.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I agree with gates..i mean...DDD just stares at you and is like "Man im a ****ing penguin and im laying down and **** and you can't do **** to me cuz i can just get up and smack my belly"

Captain 9wnag3

Smash Cadet
rofl, i dtilt taunt all the time. it deserves at least mid :D
and agreed at slow walk being the best XD
agreed!:laugh:

also, QAC in place > QAC around da stage? other way around i think. its much cooler.

hmm...wat about QAC into taunt? lol i'd lol if someone pulled that off while the opponent tries to attack them. anyone got a vid of something like this??:p

Kenrawr

Smash Master
@Thread TL;DR

@OP - WTF. How can you forget running to the edge and doing pikachu's little "oh nooooes I'ma fall awff :<" animation!?

inb4close? ;3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kenny called it, lol.

(I wonder how he did that.........................)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom