• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu isn't that bad on Luigi's Mansion

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah...I'm ********...don't ask.

BTW, he didn't use tornado becuase i have a thing called a shield...the 2 friendlies before we recorded the set i was shielding every one or just running away. They weren't very effective.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
if you can prevent the tornado then pika has the advantadge on this stage vs mk anyways, he cant kill you at all. and i would like to see these other matches that you sheilded before judging.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Um...prime..there are only 3 matches up there.

BTW, he didn't use tornado becuase i have a thing called a shield...the 2 friendlies before we recorded the set i was shielding every one or just running away. They weren't very effective.
The last vid is 2 matches.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually, according to the stage discussions, I believe that Brinstar is rated lower then Luigi's Mansion! Wouldn't that make Brinstar Pikachu's worst stage?

K 2

Smash Lord
Actually, according to the stage discussions, I believe that Brinstar is rated lower then Luigi's Mansion! Wouldn't that make Brinstar Pikachu's worst stage?
Those numbers are meant to be taken loosely. A large variety of factors (stage familiarity, character matchups, etc.) can affect how good pikachu is on the stage. The numbers offer a general idea of how good/bad a stage is for pikachu.

I haven't watched the videos yet, but Nado will be able to shield poke if the shield isn't 100% fully charged. If an MK knows how to pressure your shield, his nado will wreck you on luigi's mansion.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
I actually like Luigi's Mansion for doubles.
@Nick: Pretty much what K2 said. On paper Luigi's Mansion is Pikachu's worst level but no level is really that bad for Pikachu when you think about it. At least in my opinion.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also remember, he isn't playing as gay as he possible could, and i was punishing his pressuring of my shield, which is why he grabbed more than anything. I'll put up some more matches of not luigi's mansion the next time he comes over so you guys can judge, k?

Nado will hit you if he baits your shield alot and ***** the top of it with nado. The mk needed work
You can move your shield and follow where the MK nados and it is a lot easier...it rarely hits me unless they get me in an airdodge...which didn't happen on this level.

gallax

Smash Hero
dont forget to tilt your shield upwards when being hit by the tornado people.

truthfully, LM doesnt bother me that much. but brinstar does. man i cant stand that stage

lol. and i love how neji says seibrik needs work on his MK. hahaha. you're a funny guy man. he is only ranked number one in the state of FL and wins every tourney he goes to.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I guess it just depends who you're playing if LM is a good stage. I played a Donkey Kong there in tournament last month and got dominated. I should have banned it.

Anther

Smash Champion
Late, but you always have the option to run away from tornado as pika, and if they only want to spam it, start breaking the house down. I'm standing by brinstar as one of pika's worst stages atm. It's not bad, but you just can't utilize most of your advantages except for your mobility.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
ESAM i dont think you can make rulings off of ones persons experience.

But I agree that LM doesn't seem like the worse I'm a troll so what i say may be ignored but still
I think Anther is right Brinstar seems kinda bad to me but I can manage.

Another consideration is Norfair.

Anther

Smash Champion
<3 iRjOn
I feel like norfair is one of pika's worst stages too. lol. o.o, I don't see what type of advantages he gains except it makes recovery easier for everyone, which is a minus to pika since he can edgeguard so well, and not be edgeguarded very well against in the first place...

Deadweight

Smash Ace
<3 iRjOn
I feel like norfair is one of pika's worst stages too. lol. o.o, I don't see what type of advantages he gains except it makes recovery easier for everyone, which is a minus to pika since he can edgeguard so well, and not be edgeguarded very well against in the first place...
Really? I thought all the ledges made your ledgegame amazing....

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Norfair is <3. Brinstar sucks, so does LM..... I still hate Mansion the most.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Yea Anther It seems to me that the opponent has extra ways to recover so it makes guarding the edge harder to me
It seems to lessen your edgeguarding game and up your recovery which is kinda pointless considering that your recovery is fine w/o it lol

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Let's see, Thunder gets blocked by the Mansion, breakable walls intercept Thunder Jolt, Skull Bash, and many other moves, gay ledges, etc.

And Norfair is gay. D:<

ElPared

Smash Rookie
I actually like LM a lot for pikachu. It's a great place to practice QAC because of all the solid surfaces, if you're good at QAC you can control most of the house with Tjolt, and when they house goes down it's a Giant FD. Awesome. Against MK it kinda sucks, but there you go. everything sucks against MK :p

oh yeah, if I sound like a n00b it's because I am :laugh:

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I hate LM because of one little slip up that happened once. I attempted to ledgedrop->Thunder, but guess what? THAT STUPID LITTLE GHOST-PLATFORM THAT APPEARS WHEN IT WANTS TO COMES IN TO INTERCEPT IT!

I was then distracted by the confusion of such an occurance and fell to my death.

ElPared

Smash Rookie
I hate LM because of one little slip up that happened once. I attempted to ledgedrop->Thunder, but guess what? THAT STUPID LITTLE GHOST-PLATFORM THAT APPEARS WHEN IT WANTS TO COMES IN TO INTERCEPT IT!

I was then distracted by the confusion of such an occurance and fell to my death.
oh yeah that **** thing... OK I take it back LM sucks. I hate Battlefield more tho since thunder's practically useless there. At least on LM you can tech off the solid ceilings and hopefully live longer, and there's always the option of smashing the house.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu doesn't HAVE to revolve around thunder...at least the blue part hitting you...The most practical use for Thunder is after a U-smash or U-tilt, and it doesn't matter if the blue parts hit you or not because they are gonna be high enough up so they can't punish you either way >_>

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu doesn't HAVE to revolve around thunder...at least the blue part hitting you...The most practical use for Thunder is after a U-smash or U-tilt, and it doesn't matter if the blue parts hit you or not because they are gonna be high enough up so they can't punish you either way >_>
This is true, but not always is your opponent going to be high. Some will try recovering from down low, only to get 20,000 volts of rapetricity in their face.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
nvm i get it. Yeah, you are right, but then you can still normal edgeguard, you don't need thunder to edgeguard...pikachu has other moves people

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
indeed you dont need to use thunder to be good with pika. i just find it my favorite move and would rather not let it get limited :s though jab locks are smexy, i dont think i am going to ban LM anymore.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
Late, but you always have the option to run away from tornado as pika, and if they only want to spam it, start breaking the house down. I'm standing by brinstar as one of pika's worst stages atm. It's not bad, but you just can't utilize most of your advantages except for your mobility.
I CPed brinstar against a campy Pit and Sonic. Pika's mobility combined with the acid rising and clearing away the main platform really helped :]

Top Bottom