• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
that is called dash dancing. you need to do it really fast in brawl for it to work. you dont need to learn it to be good, but it can be used for mindgames.
Alright, so then it really is just as simple as literally dashing back and forth really fast. Should this tactic be in the Pikachu Tricks thread?

Mew.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Just because we are desperate to get to 100 :laugh:
Haha, well, I think it's a good addition none the less. It is something that (at least I feel) is useful to know, and after all, the list is supposed to be a sort of "one stop" location for learning various tricks one can do with Pikachu.

Mreow.

K 2

Smash Lord
I use dashdancing and foxtrotting some in my pika game. The reason most people shy away from it is because of tripping, but I've only been killed once by tripping since the game came out, so I'm not to worried about tripping. Dashdancing and foxtrotting are good additions to walking, running, crawling, and QACing. Pikachu has many ways of movement, which keeps him unpredictable and versatile. Dashdancing is as simple has moving your control stick right and left really fast. It's a lot harder in brawl than in melee.

ClobberinTime

Smash Rookie
Hey I usually don't post on here, even though I've been a member for over a year-I just read stuff, but I main Pikachu, and I haven't been able to find this out, and maybe it's because I got tired of looking, but I have 2 questions-

-I've noticed that sometimes when I hit my opponent with a QA, they get pseudo-spiked, and I was wondering which part of the QA actually do the spiking?

-Also, I was playing against someone who was Snake last night and he was able to DI straight onto the ground after I landed the final hit of my DSmash on him, and then he Utilted me for a kill. I guess I didn't know you could do that, but was there something I should have done because it was totally unexpected?

K 2

Smash Lord
1. QA doesn't semi-spike. I think they were just in the hitstun of QA or something and fell down due to gravity.

2. hmm...Even if your opponent is able to SDI out of Dsmash, or if they DI down (did he tech after he DI'd down), you should be safe from retaliation if you hit them with dsmash.

gallax

Smash Hero
2. You can DI into the ground out of dsmash. It is the best way to DI out since you can tech it and not go flying into the air for a tech chase thunder that pika can do so well. The snake more than likely tech'd the dsmash when he landed. He has skill.

as for bear...ok. Im big headed. But at least i dont like bears...wait. I take that back...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
the only ones that consistently give me a run for my money are boom stealth and anther. pikas spam FF fair way too much against snake. its easy to beat them. especially when your grab game is on. XD

a little big headed yes. never changes.
I bet i would give you a run for your money Galax ;)

gallax

Smash Hero
if you ever played me ESAM!!!!!!!!!!! and im da*n sure you could. but you have never played my snake so bleh to you. we should really start playing again. you ever come to the orlando area?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Rarely, I got less serious about tournaments. I barely go to any down here, and I'm not gonna go to orlando for one. When i get my laptop back i will be on the xat chatroom more so i will be able to coordinate it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You're too slow! L2English

I wasn't too slow. You were clearly living up to the name and hiding in the area. I got here at SONIC SPEED but even I can't beat someone who was already there......

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
I have a question...if you QA into your opponent does it automatically cancel regardless of the angle you QA into them? Because that happened to me everytime I QA into someone so I just wanna make sure

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have a question...if you QA into your opponent does it automatically cancel regardless of the angle you QA into them? Because that happened to me everytime I QA into someone so I just wanna make sure
No. You can QA through opponents.... their body won't cancel it.

If your QA is ending when you hit the opponent, they either attacked you out of it (it has some weird priority, and Pika is vulnerable between the first and second parts) or you QA'd into the ground/some other solid obstacle.

I think that's what you were asking, right? Also, do you remember any specific examples? It might help us help you figure out what really happened.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Umm how bout this...I QA completely horizontally through my opponent, not angled to the ground or anything and there was no lag at the end of it, I only QAed once
Sorta like this:
Ps=Pika start, Pe= Pika end, B=Bowser (coz he's big :p), ----QA trajectory

Ps------B-------Pe

gallax

Smash Hero
so are you saying that you horizontally QA'd through bowser but did this above the ground and was able to get your second jump?

edit* just tested this theory and it doesnt work. ned to touch ground for second jump.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yes, you definately have to QA into the ground to jump out of it. You probably just didn't notice it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah. Sounds to me you did

Ps-----B---------
..........................|Pe Qac here
---------------------

****it I can't space that right but you get the idea right?

Masky

Smash Master
okay, so yesterday in a friendly at a tournament I accidently skullbashed under FD and had to recover on the other side using QA... I couldn't make it and only got up to the lip area, but somehow after the QA ended I wasn't falling in the "can't do anything" animation and I did another QA to the ledge without ever having touched the ground. Has anyone seen this before?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No it's because if Pikachu does not land a QA there is a substantial amount of lag. After I did my QA in the diagram I could perform a jump without the lag...or am I just confusing myself :p
Sounds like what everyone else is saying.... you went through Bowser and QAC'd (a.k.a. QA'd into the ground at some point) into a jump without realizing it. That's really the only explanation.

okay, so yesterday in a friendly at a tournament I accidently skullbashed under FD and had to recover on the other side using QA... I couldn't make it and only got up to the lip area, but somehow after the QA ended I wasn't falling in the "can't do anything" animation and I did another QA to the ledge without ever having touched the ground. Has anyone seen this before?
Uhhh, sounds impossible, but I feel like maybe something similar has happened to me.

Maybe you QAC'd into a wall jump? I have no idea if that's even possible, but that's the only thing I can think of that would give you your QA back offstage if you've already used it.

K 2

Smash Lord
hmm...good point KayLo. Can you QAC into a wall jump? I've seen Azen (I think) as lucario once and he did his up b into the side of yoshi's island and did a wall jump, do avoid M2K's edgehog attempt. Is it possible?

entY8

Smash Rookie
hmm...good point KayLo. Can you QAC into a wall jump? I've seen Azen (I think) as lucario once and he did his up b into the side of yoshi's island and did a wall jump, do avoid M2K's edgehog attempt. Is it possible?
Lucario's up-b was designed to allow wall clinging though...

Haven't ever seen interaction with walls after any other up-b though; probably it's just Final Destination weirdness again :p
(if you were to add strange glitches to a stage, which one would you choose...? (the one that looks the most straightforward of course!))

K 2

Smash Lord
He's talking about getting out of Falco's CG.

Yes, I believe at 27%, you DI away, then dair. Someone confirm me on that though.

Top Bottom