• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My Pika likes free open spaces, lol.

I need to step up my platform game, because whenever there's no stage striking.... random ALWAYS gives me Lylat for my first match. It's never failed, and I've been to three tournaments so far. Super weird.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think the worst stages for pikachu are, in no particular order

Luigi's mansion
Battlefield
Norfair (you get outcamped her SO hard.)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, ESAM?

Norfair is my magic juju stage. I always do ridiculously well there, lol. So much QA & SB shenanigans between all the ledges.... and uairing through the platforms for mini combos.

I wouldn't play MK there, but I can't think of anyone else I wouldn't take to Norfair.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pikachu's a squirrel though. I just said rat for that alliteration between that and rat. lol

Also I main both squirrels lol. I should pick up Fox. He's totally a squirrel too.

All the Squirrels and Snake. I'm king of the ****ing forest. Cept now I need to play Diddy since I already play DK and I can be King of the Jungle and have this HUUUUGE combo vid with Welcome to the Jungle and Jungle Love and any other Jungle songs I may or may not have.

Yeah.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The thing is, if you play somebody thats decent on that level, they can normally outcamp a pika, no matter how many shenanigans you have.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Who in particular are you thinking of? There aren't many characters that can outcamp Pika, period, and the multiple platforms make it easy to get around most projectiles.

The only reason why tjolt works so well here is that it travels around the platforms..... sometimes if someone is hiding underneath a platform, I'll shoot a tjolt onto the one above it so it'll hit them in the head as it goes along the bottom. Only works on taller characters, though.

I don't camp much on Norfair anyway..... I use it mainly for its ledges.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I have a question.
In doubles, if I'm teamed with MK, how do I get the kill with thunder when MK does his up throw. Whenever I try doing it with my friend, either the thunder damages both of them but doesn't stop the throw or kill anyone or the thunder kills both of them.

Thanks

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hi Pikachu boards
Im new with Pikachu...just picked him up today
And I have 2 questions:

I heard Pikachu was a MK counter...is it true??
I saw a few vids where Anther ***** MK...jus wondering:)

And what are some of Pika's kill moves besides Thunder and Nair??

Thanks Pika boards
I hope to learn all I can about Pika and make some new friends:)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
pikachu is not a counter, but he is called a soft counter- one that has the tools to beat mk. anther ***** the mw mks, but he barely lost to tehspammerer at CotT4, so you decide. and pikas kll moves are- thunder, nair, fsmash, usmash, utilt, angled up ftilt,

gallax

Smash Hero
how many other people have ever killed with ftilt?

i have killed MAYBE once or twice. idk if i have ever killed with ftilt. maybe hit an opponent like ike too far away.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It kills. I never think to use it, but trust me, I've tested ALL of Pika's moves for kill potential. Since it's usually fresh (unless you ftilt a lot at high percentages, which I don't think many people do) it'll kill mid-weight characters at around 150 on FD.

Depends on where you are on the stage, obviously.

K 2

Smash Lord
Does it kill at 150% in the middle of the stage, or at the edge?

About Norfair, If you've mastered QAC -> ledge, VERY few characters can hang with pikachu on this stage. Tjolt and QAC can drive your opponents crazy. You just have to be sure you don't SD while trying to ledgecamp for 8 minutes.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I killed with F-tilt in the 2nd round of the gamestop tournament in the last match. It went to sudden death and the Kirby (Seibrik) up-b'd, i ran, shield, he F-smashed, and i F-tilted him. Since then i use it a lot, but have been declining in its use recently because i am in the air more.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It comes out in 5 frames according to Muhznit's moveset guide.... faster than his smashes and just as viable for the kill at higher percentages (since fsmash's sweetspot is on his cheeks anyway).

Again, I REALLY need to start using this move more often.....

tekkie

Smash Master
What's up with Quick Attack? Is there a way to cancel it to move faster or something? (Anther seems to do this a lot.) Are there any guides about it?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we are currently writing a new, comprehensive and up to date guide, but what you are talking about is the quick attack cancel. you quick attack into the ground and you can attack or jump out of it. a very useful AT for pika.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Long time no talk aye pika boards?
lol
Well I'm wondering Diddy vs Pika
hows this played?
tips
stragegies
useful things
difficulty

stuff like that.
So what is yalls answers?
so umm guys uhh how about that help
:D

If you wanna be nice and do Diddy's prosective then plz by all means do
But i mostly want pika's

Then after this is answered I have another question for you peeps
:D

iRjOn

Smash Lord
ahh thank you Stealth that acctually helped
:)

So for my next question lol
I'm gonna be asking about a bunch of match ups right now I wanna get pika down lol

My question now is G&W how should he be handled?
I know to limit the use of tjolt and Thunder to when they are in situations wherew bucketing would mean death or close too it but how sould the battle flow go?
Answers for bair such?
thanx again man
:)

gallax

Smash Hero
shield bair. if possible grab out of your shield. do not let him wear your shield down though since it shield pokes. best bet is to bait him into a bair and try to attack him with a dair from above right as hes using it.

be sure to shield his smashes to. spotdodge only the dsmash.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
But his smashes they are spammable so thus after you shield or spot Dodge retreat a tjolt?
or something?

And his bair thanx i didn't think pikas attacks really could answer his bair

And back to diddy really quick what his the best way to respond to tripping after you get hit?
I know rolling backwards gets you punished mostly but any thoughts on that?

Top Bottom