• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Frio

Smash Champion
I was looking at the new match up chart and saw tht Pika VS C.Falcon was a 4 for us. Could someone explain why? Do we have a 0-death or something?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He can't really get in and his speed is nullified becuase of our projectile and then we can basically Shield Grab everything.

Roller, work on the D-throw footstool first, and then the MK D-throw uair footstool (Since you don't have to dash) before you start working on other characters. Trust me.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You buffer dash and then spam jump, because you go up faster with a DJ, so do the dash JUMP JUMP JUMP

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's the last throw...so memorize the area. Around fox it is the throw before he would breach 100%. On any other character...I have no idea. I think Wolf is like 2 after he passes 100%.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Pikachu boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm trying to work on my fthrow cg's/combos and I can't figure out when to buffer the dash. Anyone got anything for that?

:phone:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I hate how I never had a problem with the fthrow CG, but I would always mess up the dthrow one. You'd think the dthrow one would be easier to buffer. :confused:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, input the dash right after Pikachu kicks his rear legs up and throws them off his back.

I think the ROB MU is +1 Pikachu. His tilts aren't that fast or scary, and once Pikachu gets in he kinda wrecks. Your projectiles are easy to see coming and your lack of mobility really hinders you. Your range is still good, but not as amazing as we thought at the beginning of the metagame. Slight advantage for pikachu, and I can't imagine anything more.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I hate how I never had a problem with the fthrow CG, but I would always mess up the dthrow one. You'd think the dthrow one would be easier to buffer. :confused:

It's the complete opposite for me. I have to practice fthrows for about 5 minutes straight before I can do them right, and I still mess up fairly often.
I can at least dthrow consistently right off the start.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
-The small size of the stage makes it easier to hit Pikachu
-Pika dies earlier
-Jolts get canceled out by the breakable parts of the stage
-The lava can break your cg
-The breakable middle part of the stage can stop your fthrow cg and your ground approaches
-It's harder to get gimp/edge guard kills because the lava can save the opponent

Metatitan

Smash Master
Two quick questions:
1. What characters is D throw->Nair not guaranteed on? I've been trying to do it to diddy but he keeps jumping before the Nair hits him. I don't think I'm buffering it incorrectly (or maybe I am, who knows) since the same person can't replicate it with metaknight and it occurred to me that I really don't know if it's guaranteed on diddy.

2. What frame(s) does pikachu's long glide toss come out on?

Top Bottom