• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Marth gets out at 0%. However, if you bait an up-b and regrab him so he is at 10%, he can't up-b. I do it to chaz all the time.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
i am pretty sure marth can do it at 0. i know mike haze did it to me at genesis. we can run up and shield it and punish though
Can we really sheild? I thought the up b when buffered out of the f throw would hit us no matter what if we went much further.

@ESAM

Wow! That's cool, what makes it so marth can't up b out after 10%?

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
So which pikachu mains are attending the MLG event in Orlando? I hope to but i'm not sure how to get the money at the moment =/

gallax

Smash Hero
u better believe im going to that ****. not only is it in my neighborhood, its hosted at the place where i work. lol. irony?

King~

Smash Champion
ye its hosted at espn wide world of sports or something

im also very interested in going, but i may just hold out and go to the one after mlg columbus(cant miss that one, only 2 hours away)

well see though

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ok, couple questions I thought up last night.
1) I have a really spammy Pit I fight on a normal basis. I win, but someone who spams this much REALLY deserves to be 3-stocked. The can usually hit the arrows up to stop me from Tjolts, and she is always running. What other things could I try?

2) I'm also constantly fighting a Diddy who uses banana WAY too much. Should I be catching the bananas and using them against him? Or should I just work on ignoring him and avoiding the banana completely?

K thanks, I'm going to go search for the matchups, now. :D

Kantō

Smash Champion
for pit, i have no idea. i dont play ANY pits. now that i think about it.

for diddy, the match is hard, for me at least too. i try to throw his bannas off stage if i can. but pika isnt too good against diddy imo. you can try playing spammy and really campy. you should try and upload a vid for critiquing.

Frio

Smash Champion
When I vs Diddy I find getting really campy like Kanto said helps. Try to keep in the air with T jolts though. Try to avoid playing on flat stages such as FD and maybe SV. Try full hop B's so the diddy doesnt approach when you land, mix up your spam.

Kantō

Smash Champion
yes i forgot to mention that the stage will help, play on non flat stages. i like brinstar for facing diddys and icy's. also platform camping is awsome. Ps1 is a great stage against diddys cuz **** changes all the time and when it doest you can just camp on the platforms and spam TJ's. kinda gay yea but it works.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ok, couple questions I thought up last night.
1) I have a really spammy Pit I fight on a normal basis. I win, but someone who spams this much REALLY deserves to be 3-stocked. The can usually hit the arrows up to stop me from Tjolts, and she is always running. What other things could I try?

2) I'm also constantly fighting a Diddy who uses banana WAY too much. Should I be catching the bananas and using them against him? Or should I just work on ignoring him and avoiding the banana completely?

K thanks, I'm going to go search for the matchups, now. :D
1. P-shield the arrows and slowly approach. Once you get the lead, be patient and P-shield the arrows and you will win by timeout.

2. Don't play on flat stages. Learn Airdodge cancel item throw and throw those bananas off the level, or pick up diddy and learn how to use bananas.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
yea piss off them diddys.

make em rage quit. thats ****s awsome haha.
:laugh: If I got above even 50% I started camping like hell, I don't even think he noticed the stage was the thing screwing him up the most.
I also learned that the banana isn't such a threat, I would always go for it,(to get it and try to use it against him) but when I started ignoring it and leaving it alone he just stopped using it.

And against Pit, I actually timed out a match. My p-sheild needs work though. Thanks again guys. ^^ Last night's practice was hilarious.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i like to steal diddy's bannanas when hes throwing them out he is vulnerable and you can just hop up and grab them b4 they hit the ground.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Learn how to use naners, even the different lengths for glide tosses (they're useful >_>), mix up playing throwing bananas away up or off the stage entirely, be smart, strike fd and battlefield imo. The matchup isn't good but it's winnable if you just be super carefull.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
:p maybe when I get better at the nana one I'll try it out, but usually you have to be pretty mindgamey to throw a banana straight at a good diddy without them catching or instant throwing it. does make qac locks easier now though! nice find btw.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uh...... thanks? x.x

Wasn't really complaining or looking for advice, just saying it's not as simple as he was implying it is.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I guess I don't play enough Diddy players who airdodge land right in front of me when I have a banana, then.

I wasn't saying that actually doing it is hard, but it's not exactly a position a good Diddy's gonna put himself in if he can help it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It isn't the character so much as it is the player. If a diddy is falling and you are out of range, he has no options. Hell, he has the few frames of landing lag, so if you DO throw it at the right time they can't even do anything about it.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
They could try catching the banana. Also the infinite is a lot harder to do than it looks. In the vid, Diddy could've rolled out of the way in some points. Ending the infinite with the banana toss on the ground never works. Pikachu throws too slow... Diddy has plenty of time to just roll out. Try recording the infinite again but do it in training and put the com on walk. When they're on walk, they'll always roll away on the first possible frame. This way you'll know if you're actually doing the infinite right.

edit: Esam, try doing this. Banana toss > uair > footstool > qal > pick up banana > banana footstool infinite.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't think there is enough time to go at them and start the actual infinite. Also, I know i wasn't doing it completely perfect in the vid, but you can't expect me to lol, I was just doing it to show it was possible. The banana tosses can't be used ever? Lame...

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
If you're not doing it perfect then it's not really an infinite and it's not really easy then is it. We really need an actual way to start this combo. Getting a footstool while holding a banana is near impossible to do on a decent player. I know Diddys and Sonics have a way of starting it.

Top Bottom