• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Vs Kirby

Which is stronger?

• Total voters

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This is very accurate, except the lack of a reliable KO out of grabs.

I would put it more like a bad Marth without the EASY spacies CG.
The lack of a sword prevents him from winning too many clashes for me to consider him a Marth copy. But you're right that the reliable KO combo is a big part of Sheik. I'm not sure we're going to find a good character that truly captures the awfulness and incompleteness of Kirby's horrific design.

If only Kirby could d-throw > Bair or something.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol you're dismayed because you aren't playing as well as you think you should be. Pichu does suck, but you should know that going in. Practice and look for counter strategies.
Pichu may suck but he's still a better character than kirby. I consider Pichu to be seriously underrated.

The Star King

Smash Hero
i'm actually pretty happy that ICG is gone. maybe now pichu can have some real discussion/tactical advice that makes sense. plus i will be able to comprehend everybodies posts
If you really feel the need to comprehend every post you read, why didn't you just add him to your ignore list instead of being happy that he was unjustly banned? Go away.

And yes, I am a butthurt ICG fanboy.

Dart!

Smash Master
If you really feel the need to comprehend every post you read, why didn't you just add him to your ignore list instead of being happy that he was unjustly banned? Go away.

And yes, I am a butthurt ICG fanboy.
How much of ICG's info was reliable?
Not posting > Posting useless illegible garbage.

sorry

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea he was. Fetishes are a perfectly legitimate topic. Also, i think that more aftivity is better than not posting as not posting leads to dead forums and loss of members. Even if the info is wrong, it will lead to discussion and/or an argument; thus boosting forum activity.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
From what I gather it was stuff like wanting to murder his brother (plus graphic imagery), discussions about suicide (also with graphic imagery), and his "I had this dream" topics (featuring questionable imagery) on top of the blood fetish topics that got him axed. The impression I got from Teczero was that the blood fetish topic was a relatively small thing in the grand scheme of everything else. There was a very large amount of crap that could have gotten him axed from this kid-friendly environment without the blood-fetish spiel.

Also, the legitimacy of a sexual fetish topic on this site is questionable at best. SWF censors **** for ****'s sake.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
still, I think that topic deletion or maybe temp ban would be more legitimate than banning him forever.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
still, I think that topic deletion or maybe temp ban would be more legitimate than banning him forever.
I am not going to pretend to understand how the mods decide to ban someone but it sounded like this had been going on for a long time. He'd been banned several times before.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea I've heard that too... I'd like to know why he was banned though, all of his "offenses" seem to just be things that would get topic deletion.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Oh, here i can explain it, since i was a mod when it was happening.

He had been banned multiple times before the perma, 99% of his posts were spam, off topic or completely irrelevant and he had a habit of posting extremely grotesque things out of no where that were considered to be inappropriate. Understand that you literally can be so bad at posting that you will be banned for it.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Wats the point of being a mod if you have nothing to mod? Its just like saying "oh im better than you"

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
id say kirby is better, but then i play with one of the few living kirby mains all the time and have limited pichu experience.

but for what its worth, playing a kirby all the time has made me think he;s underratted instead of overratted.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Kirby always feels like that, but when it comes to fighting his major flaws become very visible, and they are exploited very fast.

Pichu doesn't have that problem, his problem is mostly in his lack of range, and weight. But his size and speed make up for it.

I haven't seen anything that make up for Kirby's weaknesses other then his multiple air jumps

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Pichu has literally every problem Kirby has with the exception of his speed which is obviously superior but makes up for that with his much greater difficulty killing, the ease with which he's killed(easier than kirby by far) and the fact that he's actually super easy to CG and combo out of throws.

Neither character can make up for their weaknesses, but Pichu has a lot more of them and hurts himself when he recovers.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Oh and on a serious note, I feel that pichu is better due to the speed and I think you are mistaken, his killing moves aren't great, but they dont suck and he sets up gimps well. On top of that he has a better and less predictable recovery, regardless of the hurting himself part. You only do like 20-40% to yourself per stock anyways.
:phone:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Speed doesn't help with pichu's largest problem, his range. Any character who can remain grounded and still has options from that position basically shuts down pichu because of his inability to zone. Kirby may be slow but he has some of the fastest tilts in the game and they give him at least reasonable range. Coupled with his inhale that and larger than average grab range he can put at least grounded opponents into undesirable positions. And arials are a mixed bag with any character, kirby can bait and capitalize the same way most can. Pichu may have a slight edge fighting arial heavy characters but kirby has a much larger advantage against grounded char.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I still feel asthough pichu is more practical though, his range is terrible, yes, but its managable once you get inside the opponent's spacing. Shffl'd nair works great ^^

But i do have to say kirby has the advantage in range, although its still not very good at all...

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
What are you saying?, Pichu's speed IS what makes up for his range, most of the time that pichu gets hit for approaching is because of bad timing, or bad planning.

Pichu just has more opinions when it comes down to it, each attack pichu has must be used correctly and timed perfectly if he is to over come his enemy, kirby does not have this opinion, unless he plans on swallow-ciding for his winning match, pichu's superior combat ability with over come kirby's slower combat.

Cheebs

Smash Apprentice
Pichu's spacing isn't all that bad, just enter with a shffl'd nair, then follow with a rising uair, then let your imagination take over. He's an awfully fun character to use. Kirby is just a worse version of Jiggs that can't rest :troll:

Top Bottom