• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Do they give free video games in Canada?

:trollface:
No....:glare:

I preordered Ghost Trick a week ago. Hopefully the game ends up being really fun.
Well, so far it's gotten pretty good reviews. Currently holds a score of 85 on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/ghost-trick-phantom-detective

Nintendo Power did give it a 90. :awesome:

If you're an Ace Attorney fan, a point-and-click adventure fan, or simply a fan of quality storytelling in general, don't miss out on Ghost Trick.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I was watching Ghost Whisperer the other day and saw some serious Ghost Tricking. I squeee'd. Jennifer Love Hewitt got lucky.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
It was just an episode or two. :ohwell:

Oh that's right! Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded also comes out tomorrow. Two great games at one time. :D

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It was just an episode or two. :ohwell:

Oh that's right! Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded also comes out tomorrow. Two great games at one time. :D
O_O
I forgot about ReCoded. I haven't been following the news, but I'm alway up for a Kingdom Hearts game. The only Kingdom Hearts games that I've played were a little of the first and 365/2 Days.

Although I never finished 365/2 Days...

*looks at Wikipedia*

SORA. YES. I love him more than Roxas :p

M.K

Level 55
Kingdom Hearts got WAY too convoluted. Honestly, just the charm of the Disney Characters brought me into the franchise....but all this other stuff has taken me out.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
To derail just for the moment, I somewhat agree about Square-Enix drawing out the story with the spinoffs, but it's really just filler until the next mothership title.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kingdom Hearts got WAY too convoluted. Honestly, just the charm of the Disney Characters brought me into the franchise....but all this other stuff has taken me out.
Yeah, I agree. That's why I really loved the first one a lot. It was nice and simple, which was its charm.
Now Nomura's gotten all ambitious with the story and it is becoming more convoluted.

Anyway, got a text saying I can pick up Ghost Trick tomorrow.
I'm on my second run in 999, so after that, I'll start on Ghost Trick.

While I'm glad I have time for these games, Capcom needs to give us a date for AAI2 already.
Japan's getting in around half a month, so I'm guessing we won't see it for at least another 6 months or so.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I was just about to post. lol

I just got home and I'm playing it now. Honestly, guys, it's really not as good as I thought it was.

lolz Just kidding. This game rocks.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
No! I didn't mean to rub in your face. :ohwell:

I'm just saying the game is worth the buy. The characters are amazing.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got my copy of Ghost Trick today, will start playing it once I get home from school later today.

Anyone here want to make a Ghost Trick thread? :p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So, it's probably going to be, like, six months to a year before we see it, right?

:c
Probably. If memory serves, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth didn't come out in NA for like 9 months after it was out in Japan.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Sucks how the Japanese versions don't have an 'English' option?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ace Attorney 2 and 3 have English options, because my boyfriend imported both of those. The newer ones? I'm not sure.

I checked Wikipedia, and AAI was released in May 2009 in Japan, and February 2010 in North America.

Sadface.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ace Attorney 2 and 3 have English options, because my boyfriend imported both of those. The newer ones? I'm not sure.

I checked Wikipedia, and AAI was released in May 2009 in Japan, and February 2010 in North America.

Sadface.
I might decide to import Gyakuten Kenji 2/AAI2. I'll report back here with the results.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Gyakuten_Kenji_2

On January 13, Famitsu revealed information about a third case, a "flashback" of the "IS-7 Incident" 18 years in the past, starring Gregory Edgeworth. Two characters involved in the case were shown - Issei Tenkai and Tsukasa Oyashiki - as well as the bakery Dansweet, which was one of the backdrops shown very briefly in the second trailer. Shortly after that, the official website was updated with information about the third case.

Major characters:

- Miles Edgeworth, the protagonist, a prosecutor
- Kay Faraday, self-proclaimed Great Thief Yatagarasu
- **** Gumshoe, Edgeworth's detective partner
- Gregory Edgeworth, a secondary protagonist, a defense attorney and Miles's father
- 信楽盾之 Tateyuki Shigaraki, Gregory's partner
- 水鏡秤 Hakari Mikagami, a judge who seeks to replace Edgeworth
- 柳弓彦 Yumihiko Ichiyanagi, a rival prosecutor

Returning characters:

- "John Doe", a suspect in case 1
- Winston Payne (cameo)

In the opening case, Edgeworth is summoned to Gourd Lake, the scene of one of his darkest moments to date, to investigate the assassination of the president of Zheng Fa, Oteikun. As time passes, the president's bodyguard, Umanosuke Naitō, tries to stop Edgeworth's investigation. In later cases, Edgeworth becomes the next target of a so-called "Prosecutor Purge", a judicial program designed to weed out and replace incompetent prosecutors. Judge Hakari Mikagami is sent to observe Edgeworth during his investigations and attempt to replace him with another prosecutor, Yumihiko Ichiyanagi. Edgeworth risks his badge to continue his quest for the truth. Meanwhile, Edgeworth faces a personal conflict when he meets Tateyuki Shigaraki, a defense attorney who used to be an assistant to Edgeworth's father Gregory and has taken over his office. Shigaraki offers Edgeworth the chance to change sides, to become a defense attorney like his father.

And did you guys know there was a demo for this game? (Japan only atm, no news on if the demo will be released for NA/EU.) (Sorry if this is old news...)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Lol, Gumshoe's name got censored XD

And awesome, we get to see some more of Edgeworth's father

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I still haven't beat the first one. I'm on the third case. I don't really like this case so I haven't been motivated to play through it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I still haven't beat the first one. I'm on the third case. I don't really like this case so I haven't been motivated to play through it.
The Kidnapped Turnabout? I thought it was pretty good. My least favourite case in AAI was the first one cause it was the shortest and you already knew who killed the guy.

That's just me tho.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, except for the first case, the third case was probably the weakest case of the game because it was entirely fanservice. I mean, seriously. WAY too much fanservice.

It did have this awesome song, though (even if it was only played once total for a very short scene):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXM55v2caLs

Also, here's a more complete version of that song. I just found out that this existed. O_O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_STbxuMTk

:069:

Top Bottom