• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Don't feel bad Lyth, it's impossible to get the good ending on the first run-through anyway.

You HAVE to play the game at least twice to get the true ending.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's okay, Heartz. I'll hold you. <3

Any news on when we might be getting AAI2? I'm pretty sure it has a Japanese release date, but what about North America? Still nothing?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Heh, I finished one playthrough of 999 and got the best ending you could get on your first go without any outside help. Sweet. =P

Door 4 spoiler:
I even managed to guess correctly that the abstract painting was a dog. Lucky!

:069:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Which # ending is the best one you can get on run one? #5? (Ending 5 spoilers below)

I got all the way to the double 9 doors with Ace, Santa, June, and Lotus (I think), and then everyone died and I was like, THE FUCCCCCCK.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh, it was one in which Santa ran off with June (at gunpoint), Ace, and Lotus and left Junpei, Clover, and Seven to die. Then, after they left, the ones remaining heard someone banging from a coffin, then it said "To be continued..."

Apparently, I need to get a certain other ending first before I can get the true ending.

*sigh* And I was doing so well, too.

:069:

Akiak

Smash Ace
Yay more AA fans! My avatar says enough, I've played all of the games so far, and Trials & Tribulations is still the best.

I've got three games to get next year: AAI2, AA vs Layton, and Ghost Trick. They all look too good to miss.
Oh and there's 999 too. Geez.

Anyone believing in a 5th installment in the main AA series (not AAI)?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yay more AA fans! My avatar says enough, I've played all of the games so far, and Trials & Tribulations is still the best.

I've got three games to get next year: AAI2, AA vs Layton, and Ghost Trick. They all look too good to miss.
Oh and there's 999 too. Geez.

Anyone believing in a 5th installment in the main AA series (not AAI)?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Attorney#Future_games

"Gyakuten Saiban 5, the next installment in the Ace Attorney series, was announced by Capcom's president on May 22, 2007."

Sadly, nothing new has been heard on the game so far. =/

Yeah, i have one. Im on my phone though. Ill edit it in in like five minutes.

edit: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270695

The wording used is "currently" so it's possible it can get localized, but as of now, it's confirmed to be a Japanese exclusive title.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The first one is good, but kinda tedious in the way it presents its puzzles. It's also the most difficult. The second one is really good, and the third is the best imo. They improve with each installment, no doubt.

They're also really charming.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I suppose I'll try them since I'm done with 999. I need some light-hearted games after that one. It was so disturbing. @__@

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/999:_Nine_Hours,_Nine_Persons,_Nine_Doors

Heartz, I would recommend the Unwound Future above all others, though Diabolical Box was quite good as well. I didn't even bother finishing Curious Village. :I

Anyway, back on topic.

I remember Minato linked us to the winter trailer for AAI2. Well, this one has subs, if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI25n96Wt50

My boyfriend took one look at it, and said he would put money on the judge lady being the culprit.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I got stuck in the Curious Village. Those puzzle are f***in' hard.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Goddam, what exactly is this 999 game everyone is talking about?
Just to be off topic, it's a Rated M suspense visual novel for the DS. It's called "9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors". Lots of reading, but it's an investigative puzzler. If you are familiar with Saw II or V, then this is pretty much like that. Very good...and scary.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just to be off topic, it's a Rated M suspense visual novel for the DS. It's called "9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors". Lots of reading, but it's an investigative puzzler. If you are familiar with Saw II or V, then this is pretty much like that. Very good...and scary.
I'll have to check this out. I've noticed that my most my played games as of late on my DS have been the AA games, Unwound Future
(The ending for Unwound Future was something else.
, and Golden Sun. At this point, handheld gaming might be my thing for RPGS, VNs, and puzzle games with the occasional action-adventure title providing that it's 2D.

And I can't see why they wouldn't bring AA vs. Layton outside of Japan. Both of the franchises got some of the most surprising results in America I've seen in years. I doubt it'll bomb in America unless they tried extremely hard at appealing to the casual audience.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I can't see why they wouldn't localize it. Both games are popular enough in North America to warrant it, and most likely Europe as well.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294983

999 topic. BEST DS GAME I OWN.

Everyone who likes Phoenix Wright HAS to find 999. No exceptions.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Gettin' dat GT at launch! Time to troll bad guys poltergeist style! *splurges with excitement*

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Gross, Heartz. Gross. ;)

I'm super excited for Ghost Trick. The problem will be finding a copy of it in my area though. Fingers crossed.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Probably because it's dangerously close to the word Splooge, which means something COMPLETELY different. xD

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm so getting Ghost Trick tomorrow. :3c

Hopefully, some of the stores will have it. That is the question. Though if it's a Capcom game, I can't see why they wouldn't.

Top Bottom