• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Oldbag's was the first one I got. I mean, besides the obvious ones like Redd White and April May. I remember saying it out loud and being like, "Oh! Ohhh."

/facepalm

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

FANTABULOUS!
Isn't my splenderific vocabulary the best in all of this splendidly great world?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Double post for great justice!

So, I looked for said comics, and I could only find one in JFA. And it was in Japanese. :urg:
Oh, well I guess they only put a comic at the end of the game manual for JFA. I assumed they had it for every game's manual. Mine's in English.

Still waiting for the announcement that the next game in the series will come out this year... :ugh:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh gosh! That's amazing!

So, I (finally!) finished playing Apollo Justice. I liked it, and I thought it was decent, but I stand by that it's the weakest game in the series, mostly due to pacing. It was really lacklustre in that regard. Overall, it's a good game. In fact, I might even say it's a great game, but it doesn't measure up to the others, in my opinion.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Apollo's good for a change, but nothing can beat Mr. Wright.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Thanks Lyth, I couldn't find this thread. For some reason I thought it was in the Pool Room...

Anyways I finally finished Justice For All, it's a really good game, I had a great time playing it. Looking back on it case 3 was sooo stupid but case 1 and 4 were my favorites. Like 4 was like wtf, had me guessing the whole time.

When I finished the game I fell asleep during the credits and when I woke up my DS ran out of batteries, and now I have no memory of what happened during the credits. I looked in the walkthrough and it said something about the fourth piece of evidence.

The receiver that Von Karma threw away starts picking up a signal. Edgeworth
has to leave now, so give him something to express your gratefulness towards
him. Give him Franziska Von Karma's whip! Now, things kind of grow up over the
walls, so use your own voice to shout the word you love most: OBJECTION!!!!
The credits will now roll! Make sure to watch to the very end to get to know
about the FOURTH piece of EVIDENCE.
What is this fourth piece of evidence!!

Also Oldbag has to be one of my favorite Phoenix Wright characters:

Anyways can't wait to play the next one.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
the fourth piece of evidence was the drawing von Karma kept. It was the drawing of Nick Maya made on the de Killer card

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Haha Lotta is pretty annoying.

So I started playing Trials and Tribulations and so far I think the other two games are better. I'm up to the second misson. I got upto the courtcase and when I went to save the game my DS totally froze on me. ERGH!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread yet. PW is amaaaaazing.

I haven't played Trials and Tribulations or Edgeworth Investigations yet. I've been SO busy with other games. xD

Are those two good? How do they stand up to the other ones?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Both are epic. Play T&T first. The last case will blow your mind.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Not too much Lyth, I just decided to start hopping around other sections of the boards instead of just lurking tactical and the Marth boards. xD

I'll probably start on T&T when I'm done with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and my Hard mode run-through of FE8. :3

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to play JFA or TaT, and no intentions on even buying AJ. >.<
Downloaded them from WiiWare along with the first one, but I is too busy with Ace Attorney Investigations, which, I just got today as well.

Which, by the way, best game ever even though I'm still on case 2. *huggles Edgey*

AND DON'T REMIND ME OF LOTTA. HATE HER. Sal Manella blows your minds off.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
but I is too busy with Ace Attorney Investigations, which, I just got today as well.

Which, by the way, best game ever even though I'm still on case 2. *huggles Edgey*

AND DON'T REMIND ME OF LOTTA. HATE HER. Sal Manella blows your minds off.
Did you see Sal in the airport on that case? He's eating noodles or something.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Larrys dumb

my edgeworth save keeps erasing itself T_T
Really? I always laugh at his mad face and when Franzy whips him. I hope he's in future Phoenix Wright games because he always gets into trouble in each game.

Oldbag can go away. She annoys me.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I lol'd when Larry asked Franziska if he could paint her and she whipped him. :laugh:

EDIT: I saw this on Court Records:

Court Records said:
Ace Attorney on the 3DS?

Chalk this up to obligatory non-commitiality. But thanks to GoNintendo, I was pointed to this article by Videogamer.com. In it they interview Shu Takumi at E3 about Ace Attorney and the 3DS.

Shu Takumi said:
"It's a little bit difficult to say, We just saw it here; we're not sure what we can do with [the technology] yet. But certainly if the opportunity presented itself and we could make it, then it might be a really good chance for us to use that technology. But we'll have to wait and see what the future brings."
Yeah, we're not going to get any concrete info on GS5 until Capcom's ready to make an announcement. Personally, and I do mean my own personal thoughts, that's not happening until Ghost Trick is done being promoted.

But, it's still nice to hear that they're at least considering the new hardware for the future of the series. But, honestly, how would that work? The sprites are all 2D. There's not a lot outside of evidence that could use depth of field. But I'm sure that we'll be pleasantly surprised regardless.

BBQTV

Smash Master
where can i find the The Takurazuka Musical and any other musicals if they are any?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
In the latest issue of Famitsu (Japanese video game magazine) they have announced "Ace Attorney 2" for the DS. It is a sequel to this years NA release of "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth". No other details than the mention of the game at the moment and no release dates. Capcom has not officially announced this yet so I'd take this as a rumour for now until official confirmation.

It is not Gyakuten Saiban 5 or a sequel to "Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney".

More info is sure to come in the coming months. (hopefully)

Top Bottom