• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
There's a ladder joke in every game, afaik.
If you examine a ladder, you say "it's a ladder," and your assistant will say "no, it's a stepladder," and then you wonder what the difference is.
That's it. Now I remember. I mostly remember it w/ Maya

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
There's a ladder joke in every game, afaik.
If you examine a ladder, you say "it's a ladder," and your assistant will say "no, it's a stepladder," and then you wonder what the difference is.

It's better to see it, then explain it. It's in case five of Investigations, and case two of AJ. I can't think of the other ones off the top of my head.
Every really?

I might have to check it out... I only remember that in the first one.

CalamityofCox

Smash Ace
i was quite disappointed with investigation edgeworth.
the logic they use to piece things together are kind of weird.
it bases it a lot on hypothesis rather than the evidence presented.

CalamityofCox

Smash Ace
true but i dont like how to derive at their logic during the cross examination.
one thing just leads to another without much evidence at all especially the last case with the ambassador.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Perceive was annoying since you could not know what made them twitch.
Logic was fine. Guess and checking didn't hurt.
Psyche-Locks. Those were hard.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Psyche-locks are great. You're all crazy. It's such a great way to investigate.
And Edgeworth calls them psycho locks, which makes me giggle.

Perceive is so... meh. Just like Apollo Justice! Ooh, zing! No, but seriously, you don't even get penalized for doing it as many times as you want. That's just so flawed. :ohwell:

I liked Logic. I thought it was decent, though I can understand what issues people might have with it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I agree with Lythium lol.

I actually liked psyche locks. Though I actually really liked logic personally. It was an interesting route to go for the new series.

**** I like all of the games so much that I dunno what bad things I can say about any of them :laugh:.

Being able to perceive over and over with no penalty though was definitely wtf. Though some of them were silly. Like for instance:

The creepy journalist that you have to perceive him sweating? The **** how were you supposed to guess that >_>

But yea.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Psyche-locks are great. You're all crazy. It's such a great way to investigate.
And Edgeworth calls them psycho locks, which makes me giggle.

Perceive is so... meh. Just like Apollo Justice! Ooh, zing! No, but seriously, you don't even get penalized for doing it as many times as you want. That's just so flawed. :ohwell:

I liked Logic. I thought it was decent, though I can understand what issues people might have with it.
I thought you did get penalized if you perceived the wrong part of a person? :confused:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Nah, I'm pretty sure you can Perceive as much as you want. That's why I didn't particularly care for it. And it was always a little too scripted. You knew when you had to do it, but you never knew where. :ohwell:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I wish Dessie was more interesting though.

Guys, I need a new avatar. As much as I love Franzy, I'm getting a little bored. I'm thinking Gavin, but... suggestions?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Logic was a pretty good addition imo, though when you compare it to the others...

...seems a tad lack-luster by itself. :p Would be cool to have a combo of psycho-locks and logic (and just ditch tells)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I picked up Justice for All for 12 bucks at Gamestop, and it's really fun.

All of the random dialogue gets annoying though. And also I don't like how you can't skip anything if you lose a case and have to start over.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I can't believe you found Justice For All in Gamestop. Getting the first three Phoenix Wright games in stores is not an easy task. Though I'm sorry you have to find Justice For All. ^_^;

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
First case in T&T scared me, second case was funny, third case was hilarious, fourth one was weird, fifth one gave me nightmares for a long time. But yea, T&T I'll put as the second best Phoenix Wright series.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
JFA was only awesome because it had Franzy and the last case is one of my favorites.

I'm not...sure why i like T&T all that much, I just replayed it and couldnt figure out the answer to that question. THe last case of T&T was awesome, but i liked the last case from JFA more.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I hated the second case in JFA.

Ini Miney and Lotta Hart are so annoying. It was an interesting case, but the characters kind of destroyed it in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

So...I just completed the entire Ace Attorney series (thus far anyway).

Out of all the games, the original and TaT are my favourite in the series. I like the original because i actually like all of the cases in the game (though Lotta can go die in a fire.) I like TaT because the 5th case was awesome. The third case kinda killed it for me though.

I really liked the Miles Edgeworth game. Maybe because he's my favourite character in the series, but I like it. The only thing that disappointed me was because I was hoping we would get the Prosecute someone, and...I don't really like investigating that much. Still pretty good IMO.

JFA...If it wasn't so short, I would like it more. I still like it, but I find the third case kinda meh.

I honestly find Apollo Justice to be the worst in the series. Apollo is such a meh worthy character, and not many characters in the game stick out as interesting IMO. Kristoph was cool though, and the Cornered theme, and Guilty Love song are some of my favourite VG music.

Overall, I would list the series:
PW:AA > TaT > AA:MEI > JFA > AJ

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Personally I like this version more.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEeuetOsxKg&hl=en_GB&autoplay=1&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEeuetOsxKg&hl=en_GB&autoplay=1&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Top Bottom