• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
937 was cacti's vote on rockin. he didnt change it all day and failed to push him. 1125 was pierre's push on rockin which lead to his lynch. this changes things because i just saw cacti first on the wagon and assumed gg

pierre since you're still harboring suspicions about cacti what in his play do you find scummy?

mentos how did you conclude that we have 3 lynches left?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I suppose I should specify: I'm assuming 2 scum left, which would give us the lynch today and tomorrow guaranteed, and assuming we hit scum with one of those two lynches a 3rd, and judging by the situation I'm thinking that lynching between Gheb/RiddleKat/Cacti will get us both in the long run.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Like i honestly thing we should Lynch Riddle/Kat, Then go Gheb.

It's the safest, Gheb your pushing of Pierre being the SK is an odd thought, because if you want to push anyone I would go for the independent as scum, you look at little better to town and you get closer to your win condition with no love lost.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
VOTE COUNT

Gheb_01 (2): Marshy, KevinM
Kataefi (1) : Gheb_01

Deadline is the last second of 1/2/10
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kevin, I'm not pushing Pierre at all. I'm merely ciritizising his play so far in case he's really town. I'm not saying "omg lynch him he's SK" - I'm just saying that I'd rather not trust a player for the mere fact that he uses his one-shot kill against an independent. Personally I'm leaning more towards him being SK than him being vig but he's certainly not my main lynch anyway. However when we have lynched 3 scumbags and it's still not game-over I know who I'll look at first.

:059:

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Not really feeling any ill will towards Cacti anymore now that he mentioned that he calls his stop-the-lynch in on his cell phone. That would actually make sense, and I don't really have anything else about him that makes me shiver. So, whatever.

I feel bad that I don't really have anything to go on right now to make me solidify my choice for the lynch. I was not feeling Gheb at all. But now I'm worried that I just disagree with his playstyle. But why would he continue to push the idea that I am independent after an independent has flipped.

KevinM says go for Kataefi over Gheb. Then he says a bunch of jumbled words that I do not understand to be a reason. KevinM can you reiterate? I probably wouldn't ask you to normally but I put your name down to answer a question about Cacti earlier and you skipped over it, which is really annoying.

Away a bit for Christmas.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
unvote vote kat

him/gheb can go today other tomorrow if we hit town i agree with kevin. cacti/mentos/pierre?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
prods are going out today, the 25th will not be counted as a day in teh 72 hour inactive cycle

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll go with the Kat lynch, don't know where his vote #s are at ATM, so I won't place a vote just yet(assuming I don't have one on him, it's been a few daysXD). If Scumfever gets a votecount up or when I have a chance to go and see where he's at I'll place my vote there. Think Kat today, Gheb tomorrow if he flips town, and if he flips scum Cacti/Gheb will be fine with me.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
VOTE COUNT

Gheb_01 (1): KevinM
Kataefi (2) : Gheb_01, Marshyy

Deadline is the last second of 1/2/10
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Scum:) Anyway, since he's already claimed and is suspicious, I'll put him at L-1 although I wouldn't mind if we take till the deadline for the hammer

Vote: Kata

I really think we've got this game in the bag, but I'm also gonna try to make sure not to get too tunneled on anyone as there's still a bit of a chance we screw up.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I'm not feeling so confident anymore, because I don't really have a sense of direction right know, y'know? Gheb/Kataefi seem like a good place to look for scum, but they definitely do not both look like scum together. Meaning that there is another scum that is hiding fairly well. If I accept Cacti's cellphone flavor for his governance (which is game canon and a decent enough explanation), and only one of Kat+Gheb is scum, that means the other scum is in Marshy/KevinM/Mentos. And that is hard for me to accept, because I wouldn't know which to go after. Mentos's claim is basically worthless, but KevinM is the WIFOMed to the EXTREME doctor, and Marshy is probably the least scummy of the three?

So the list is still:

Pierre
Marshy
KevinM
Mentos
Cacti
Kataefi
Gheb

I think I would still rather lynch Gheb than Kataefi, so I am going to push that lynch. Gheb's claim is strange. Godot with no power role piques my interest. He also pushed extremely awkwardly against me which is odd.

I would rather lynch Gheb than Kataefi... and if we are going to end up lynching them both if we are wrong on the first one, I would rather lynch Gheb first.

vote: gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Massive Facepalm @ Pierre
Are you still flavour hunting? "Oh my gawd it's godot without a power role lynch him lolololol". Too bad you will lose if you continue to play this way. You know you should lynch the player who's actually suspicious, right? Well, how about voting Kat then? Because I can't remember seing any case / argument against me except "Marshy and Kevin have their claims, I trust mentos so it has to be gheb". I have yet to see a case against me that's nearly as convincing as my case against Riddle from D2 - we have D4 now and there has still not been a reply to it nor has anybody shown a solid argument on why I'm supposed to be scum, even though there are 2 days in between already.
Also the "I don't like his push against me" is once again 100% omgus. You'll only lynch me because you know that I'm on your *** even though it's obvious Kat's the play. Just lynch Kat already and get this bullcrap over with.

:059:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
VOTE COUNT

Gheb_01 (4): KevinM, Pierre, Marshy, Mentosman
Kataefi (1) : Gheb_01

~~~~~~

As you all gather, a small, short figure starts heading towards the door.

"Hey where do you think you're going"

"wh-wh-o me? I'm just stepping outside for a fresh bit of air"

"..You sound fishy to me...Say, haven't I seen you before? Someone go grab her"

One of you approachs the figure and pulls her into the light.

"AH A I KNEW I HAD SEEN YOU. Well everyone, it seems we are one step closer to finding the 'Ace Attorney'"

"I..I'm sorry Nick..."

Maya Fey (Gheb_01), the mafia goon has been lynched

NIGHT HAS BEGUN

ALL NIGHT ACTIONS ARE DUE BY THE LAST SECOND OF 12/30

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
As you all wake up, you notice someone quite important missing

The TV is already on and the judge is speaking

"Mimi Miney, It's fortunate we caught you. You, Mimi Miney (KevinM), Town Doctor is...

DAY 5 BEGINS

WITH 5 ALIVE IT TAKES 3 TO LYNCH

THE DEADLINE WILL BE SET FOR THE LAST SECOND OF 1/17/10 EST!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unsurprisingly, another guilty investigation. If I'm right, we've got another 2 shots to hit what should be our final scum, and I'm relatively confident it's between Cacti and Kata. Marshy, who are you thinking?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Mentosman, how could I be the scum? My role is pretty much all but confirmed. I used my power, on the town doc, and my flavor is rather strong too, or as Pierre says (I've never actually played Pheonix Wright). Right now I need to read back and look at Gheb's interactions with everyone else.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
**** Gumshow
Maya Fey
???
_

Miles Edgeworth as Indie
_

I have a pretty good idea now which final 'character' I think is mafia. The townies appear to be certain types of people, and from very specific cases. There is definite flavour amongst the characters involved... Could people give me their names? There's no point fake naming btw when there's an obvious pattern in the cases involved, the townies involved, and who are scum.

@everyone: Who do you think Kevin protected in the Night? Do you find it strange Kevin never protected himself this Night?

I say this second one because reading back Kevin was pretty adamant in protecting himself, or at least he said he was. I'd find the responses quite interesting.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also:

Unsurprisingly, another guilty investigation. If I'm right, we've got another 2 shots to hit what should be our final scum, and I'm relatively confident it's between Cacti and Kata. Marshy, who are you thinking?

I'm put off by your immediate call out to Marshy here and no one else... what do you make of pierre?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
um. not sure where to go

there was flavor that suggested cacti wasnt phoenix wright (does he use cell phones often? flavor hunting deal with it bear with me)

gheb was attacking riddlekat pretty hard. he excused rockin when he replaced chaco for legitimately scummy actions but tried to bus his other scumbuddy that hard?

would like thoughts on the above. this is just from memory. reread time

ill answer kats question(s) later

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
@everyone: Who do you think Kevin protected in the Night? Do you find it strange Kevin never protected himself this Night?
actually scratch that. dont see how this question is relevant and can see the answers benefitting scum

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Pierre is one of the most confirmed townies because it is highly unlikely he is anything BUT the vig he claims to be.

Sorry to triple post but I was doing some more reading and noticed this quote. Mentos you already answered my question here so no need to answer.

I just thought it was strange you'd mention marshy over pierre to help you wagon someone, especially because if anyone is decisively town it's pierre, so I would have thought his opinion matters.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
and... ninja'd :/

@Marshy: I thought Kevin was quite vocal about who he protected in previous Nights. Why would it be more pro-town if we stopped talking about it? I thought my questions were good =(

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well i was going to say "because it tells scum who to nk" but at this point i guess who we trust can easily be inferred. however i dont see the scumhunting value in that question?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I don't understand why Gheb antagonized me so much while the lynch was nearing him. Hopefully he wasn't legitimately pissed at me for basically refusing to go back and create a giant case against him. Cases are over-rated; defenses are important. I think SWF forgets that sometimes. Gheb played a safe and meticulous game, making it that much harder to make a case against him. The game was also very long and crafting a legitimate case against him would have taken that much more time, while he could dismiss any sized case with the same response. His claim did not line up, he was on mislynches, and something in the back of my head bothered me about him - but what was important was how he continued to antagonize me, first about how I could not possibly be town and was an SK, and second when he continued to become belligerent as he neared a lynch. The funny thing is that if he had faked some kind of power role as Godot, it would have been extremely believable. Godot, in the end, though he is a prosecutor, is also a murderer and does go to jail at the hands of Phoenix Wright. So if he had claimed a power role, he might have cleared himself. Just flip through the mafiacum wiki until you find one. Oh, well. Maybe he didn't get enough hamburgers!

Now that KevinM has flipped town... I always had reservations about a doctor who was able to protect himself. Because of that, I put less stock into what Kevin said. But looking back, he pinned Chaco immediately. In my re-read, I'll have to pay a lot of attention to his opinions, though they may be dated.

Mentosman: Damon Gant, a cop
Marshy: Franziska von Karma, Town Mason
Kataefi: Mr. Sawit, Vanilla Townie
Pierre the Scarecrow: Dahlia Hawthorne, Town Vigilante
Cacti: Matt Engarde, Town Governor

Those are current claims. I list Mentos as "a cop" because that is what he initially claimed, not "Town Cop" or "town cop" but "a cop."

Cacti, you've never played Phoenix Wright? But your avatar is Phoenix Wright mashed with Death Note? You sure you've never played the games before?

@Marshy: when Matt Engarde is in jail and Phoenix is trying to interrogate him, basically Engarde picks up his cell phone and starts talking on it and there is nothing Phoenix can do anymore. So I can see that as an acceptable flavor translation to governor.

@Kat: I've already stated that I think the last mafia is Phoenix Wright. Do you think thats true also? Then, what pattern do you see in the current roles and who do you think would be the final scum?

@Mentosman: Why didn't you tell us who you got a guilty on today? I am beginning to doubt your claim harder.

More later after I re-read the game. It would be nice to get the lynch right today and not have to go to day 6.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pierre: At this point in the game, the only result that matters is an inno. If you must know, I investigated Cacti, meaning every living player but Cacti has been investigated and returned me a guilty. At that point, why bother saying who it was on when I know it's a worthless investigation?

@Kata: I called out to Marshy purely because he is nigh-confirmed town(I still hold the possibility of Scumshy, but it's highly unlikely), and I trust his reads big time. Pierre is also pretty much confirmed town to me, but he is newer and I haven't been in as many games, so I don't have as much trust built up in his scum-finding capabilities.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
You should bother saying it because I suspect you're making it all up, and it would be nice to see you have your story straight. If you investigated Cacti, then how has every living player but Cacti been investigated and returned you a guilty?

Top Bottom