• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Swords... now that I know what you flipped, man. I know you can't talk anymore, but post-game, be prepared to explain to me why you thought it would be a good idea to fake a counter-claim against someone who said they had a daykill, especially when your goal was simply to survive. The kill was mine and mine alone to make... so why would you directly contradict me in an way that would most likely bother only me, when I had the ability to kill you without the consent of anyone else?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I guess its fairly important to note that it only takes 4/7 to lynch, not 5/8. So Gheb is L-2, not L-3 like the thread title says.

I'm going to go through the whole thread to read more and put out some good and thorough final opinions, because I might not make it through the Night. KevinM can't protect Marshy and himself and me all at once (unless he's fake Aerith Gainsborough).

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Cacti: how is Matt Engarde a governor? You have quite a burden to prove to me that you aren't actually Phoenix Wright. I mean, come on. "OBJECTION," "HOLD IT," is basically what a governor does. He stops the verdict! Matt Engarde doesn't have anything to do with that. Convince me that Matt Engarde isn't just a safe claim name...

Mentosman: I'm super tempted to think that you are truly a paranoid cop. You've basically been cleared by your role even though your role is worthless... it bothers me. But your claim is pretty convincing, in terribly major part to your behavior towards KevinM on Day 2. I truly believe you got a guilty on him and pushed him, looking at that case you crafted against him. The disagreements that I've had with you throughout the game I would like to think are just disagreements over textbook play: you didn't want me to clear Marshy in my head due to his claim; you didn't want me to 'direct' the night actions; etc. But your claim keeps you in happy zone. There are some things that bother me... in your initial claim you called yourself "a cop," when from what I've seen everything has been "the town cop," "the town vigilante," "the town mason."

KevinM: claimed doctor who has yet to die... the WIFOM really is killing me. Tonight I would request that you protect either Marshy or me. Choose one silently in your head I guess, or flip a coin. Hope to stop a nightkill on one of us.

I really, really have to think about Gheb v. Kataefi but I think I side with Kataefi over Gheb. I don't even know what it is, Gheb is just confrontational about everything wrong, including my claim, including his stance that Kataefi has been as worthless as Riddle. It bothers me. What also bothers me is the claim of Godot as a vanilla townie. Luke Atmey was the cop, and there is also a claimed paranoid cop to weaken cop cases, so why would Godot be a miller, especially to Luke Atmey. However... Godot is a murderer just like all of us, isn't he? And he is a prosecutor meaning he isn't on the side of Phoenix Wright.

btw im pretty sure the remaining mafia is Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey.

Before we lynch Gheb - what does everything think about Cacti being Phoenix Wright the mafia governor?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, with those left I would say our scum is likely to be Riddle/Kata and Gheb. I trust Marshy, myself, and Pierre now, and have felt pretty good with Kev since yesterday, which leaves those two and Cacti. Cacti has hardly posted lately, but I'm most confident in a Gheb/Kata lynch by far now.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
A Riddle/Kataefi and Gheb scumpair doesn't make sense to me. Gheb's attitude towards Riddle/Kataefi seems way past the point of an efficient bus.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Pierre: My PM does actually say the town cop, I just rarely if ever bother with exact role name when i have an archetype style role

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, Pierre, I was thinking that, but I feel at least one of the two is definitely scum, and we have one ml left most likely. If one flips town, it's likely the other and Cacti.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Okay. 7 player with 2 mafia means if we mislynch today and there is a nightkill, its 2:3 which is lylo. So yes, we are in mylo right now. If we correctly lynch, we gain another mislynch.

I guess my list would be:

1. Pierre
2. Marshy
3. Mentosman
4. KevinM
5. Kataefi
6. Cacti
7. Gheb

I just want to know what people think about a Phoenix Wright mafia governor. I don't know, maybe I'm getting obsessed with that idea, but doesn't HOLD IT translate so very well into governor? And Phoenix would be mafia. And I don't know what Matt Engarde has to do with a governor. Looking for mentos', Gheb's, Kataefi's, KevinM's, Marshy's opinion on this.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
We aren't in mylo right now, if it was 2v4 it would be mylo, as it stands we're still able to mislynch once and not lose, so it's not "mislynch and lose." :p

@mafia governor idea: I don't know if I really believe it. While I could see the role making sense with the character, at the same time I see it as a really big balance problem. Unless it was limited to where it couldn't be used in a LYLO situation, it would essentially make it impossible for town to win if mafia survived till lylo. Does not mean it's impossible, but I think at least one of Gheb/Kata is mafia, and think Cacti is the third on my list of lynches.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ Pierre pretending to care about my opinion. If you (or anybody) truly cared about my opinion RiddleKat would've been dead D2 and we wouldn't have this whole WIFOM mess now. It's not my fault that you messed up D2 by tunneling the wrong player and now you think that you figured everything out and think I'm the play? Sorry to dissapoint you then but you're obviously going in the wrong direction if you think Kat's NOT the play.
lol @ Pierre painting targets on people's backs AGAIN by telling everybody whom he trusts. STOP IT. You only help scum like you've done all game. Don't even start that "his claim is good so he's town" crap. Tom gave the vanillas some of the crappiest claims ever in FFVII while the anti-town side got MAJOR characters to prevent the game from being broken with massclaims.

lol @ people thinking Pierre's clear now just becaue he shot an indy. SKs can do that too and there's no way this game would be even remotely fair if we really have a vig on our side - especially since survivor doesn't even affect our win condition and can easily can be considered a "pro-town" player (especially since this was obviously his intention until the point of his claim).

:059:

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Survivor can joint with mafia at lylo. If it weren't for Pierre's shot, we would have lost tomorrow if we mislynched today instead of having another chance. And yeah, SK's can hit indies too, but unless you're arguing 2 scum, survivor, one-shot daykilling SK at the start, I don't see it being very likely we have one. Not sure why you're trying to place suspicion on one of the most confirmed-town players in the game Gheb, really, really not sure.

And Gheb, saying who you trust in this situation isn't bad at all. We've got likely 2 scum left. Marshy and Pierre are all but clear. Kevin is looking good lately. If people trust me, it leaves 3 people likely to fit 2 scum, and we have a ml available. It's only bad to list who you think is trustworthy near the beginning of the game, at this point when we have 2 pretty much clears, 2 solid claims, and 3 suspicious people? Not so much. Pretty much dislike that entire post by Gheb, just painting suspicion all over someone who is all but confirmed town.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
break starts for me tomorrow. i agree that gheb/kat as our 2 scums probably isnt the case and earlier was considering just going them back to back. i've had cacti as a gg for a while now but him being phoenix wright makes sense. mentos has been wrong on like every single important decision in this entire game. gonna reread him and cacti tomorrow though my vote's def not moving from gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Your attitude seems scoffing, agitated, and holier-than-thou.
No, it's me being tired of this crap town being unable to make a good decision. Kat is obvscum as I have pointed out many, many times but people still can't see the obvious. Sorry for losing hope.

If it weren't for Pierre's shot, we would have lost tomorrow if we mislynched today instead of having another chance. And yeah, SK's can hit indies too, but unless you're arguing 2 scum, survivor, one-shot daykilling SK at the start, I don't see it being very likely we have one.
With 2 (pretty much) confirmed townies right off the bat (one of them being a potentially rapetastic PR), possibly a governor, possibly a vig, 2 cops and a doc I can't see why this should be the case. An opposition of 5 players in a 13 player game doesn't look too much for town, especially since both the SK and the Survivor can work against the likely 3 man mafia as well. Don't see your issue here.

Not sure why you're trying to place suspicion on one of the most confirmed-town players in the game Gheb, really, really not sure.
And I have no idea why you would call Pierre one of the most confirmed-town players in the game. Care to elaborate?

And Gheb, saying who you trust in this situation isn't bad at all. We've got likely 2 scum left. Marshy and Pierre are all but clear.
No, not at all.

Pretty much dislike that entire post by Gheb, just painting suspicion all over someone who is all but confirmed town.
And I pretty much dislike the entire play by town for the whole game until the end of D3. I have yet to hear a legitimate case against me while in the meantime I made a more than solid one against RiddleKat (which STILL has not been given a convincing response to) but town decided to be dumb instead and tunneling the wrong players for days (including me toDay).

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Plus how would you know that the town has been tunneling the wrong players for days? The only players who have received death-worthy pressure are KevinM (who didn't flip), Rockin (who was scum), and Swords (who was indy)? So what are you even talking about?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm obvbously talking about myself. And yes, I'd like to see that "case" against me because I'm sure it's crap anyways.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
@Pierre, I don't know why Matt Engarde is a Governor... I've never really played Pheonix Wright. But my role pm says that he's an star actor, so maybe he has some influence or something. When I stopped the lynch, I pulled out a cell phone and called somebody, maybe to call in a favor as a Star Actor would. Maybe it's there as a flavor screw, I don't know.

What's the case against Gheb... I'm not really getting it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb: Pierre is one of the most confirmed townies because it is highly unlikely he is anything BUT the vig he claims to be. Also, if there were 5 anti-town roles one mislynch and a kill by each killing party would make the town even with anti-town roles. That's a ridiculously bad balance/ratio.

Also, I agree with Pierre, I don't see how town has made all the wrong decisions when only one solid push hasn't flipped, and the others have been anti-town. I would say this town has done pretty well so far.

@Cato: Personally, I believe the remaining two scum are within you, Gheb, and RiddleKat. Kevin's been solid with me lately, Marshy and Pierre are all but confirmed town IMO, and that leaves you three from my perspective. Since we've got 3 lynches left, as far as I can tell it's highly unlikely we lose this game.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i dont think this town has done well. you me and kevin are mostly alive because of our claims. not to be a funsucker but seeing people say "town stomped" after wonderland when they didnt was one of the most frustrating things about losing

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay a lot of stuff has happened and this is a long post so apologies if stuff is a little cluttered or disorganised:
_

Firstly I'm very surprised that SRB counter claimed... what was he thinking? Same stance as Pierre on this, you can tell us at the end of the game!

Alright...

@Gheb: there's one thing I don't like and it's your drive, I'll get onto this in a minute - your case is built from Riddle and not myself it seems; there was sign of activity in D1 and a lack of activity from subsequent Days in which he never really conversed with any of his doubters - this is where I think your dislike for me stems from. What you've failed to really comment on is my play, and by this I mean solely Kat... not this 'RiddleKat' that I'm being tagged with.

I've been around for a long time now - I've yet to see (at the very least) any proper recognition of my play considering you're pushing for the lynch. This is fundamentally one of the reasons I'm concerned with your drive as stated earlier - it just feels forced to me, sorry. There are a lot of claimed roles in this game but I wouldn't put it passed me you're a hybrid lyncher of some kind aiming to get me killed to fulfil whatever condition you have.

What are your opinions on everyone else in the game? Who else do you find suspicious? Who are your secondary and other lynch candidates? I'm very keen to hear your thoughts and reasonings actually.

I took an approach when I replaced in to be active, pro-town, scumhunt and guard myself from potential wagon-starters that would ultimately kill me for the wrong reasons and there is evidence I have done so through my notes, my perspective on everyone, my opinions on you and your potential connections with Kevin, how I thought there was something off with SRB and his 'buddying' up to mentos - using forced acronyms to sound all clever and pro-town, which... now that he claims survivor, I'd like to think was good judgement on my part for him to emanate as pro-town a scent as possible and thus survive to the end... There's also my pessimism with Rockin and how he got away with too much. You can't deny that for the time I've been in this game I have at least given some input and tried hard to establish a good grounding on the players here (of course whether these groundings are good or bad is something to be assessed on at the end of the game =) )
_

@Cacti: you pop in and out of this game like it's nobody's business and then cast your vote on me, almost like trying to agree with players in good town positions... I'm uncomfortable with this!... I actually considered you in the same category as Rockin when I first read through - This aside I generally think that if scum are lurking and not being active in the game, they probably haven't got a good communication base outside of the game as well... they haven't developed many strategies. Rockin didn't give us many strategies, I believe you haven't also... I would like to hear a response from you!
_

@Mentos: You only discovered toDay that you were a paranoid cop, correct?... essentially this is a useless role upon discovery as it tells you nothing. Prior to this everyone was on the fence as to whether you were paranoid or other potential flavours. The other potential flavours could have provided information, which is why I actually found it very odd you weren't Night killed before you had an opportunity to discover your flavour...

Do you have any insight into this at all? Am I in the wrong thinking you're possibly using this claim as a means of getting any town suspicions off your back and buying more time? You're vocal about the mylo, lylo situations as well... I don't know but it's food for thought to me and I'd like to hear a response from you :)
_

I get a big vibe amongst the power roles that someone is not who they have claimed to be... I'm asking generally @town if anyone else shares similar vibes.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer

@Mentos: You only discovered toDay that you were a paranoid cop, correct?... essentially this is a useless role upon discovery as it tells you nothing. Prior to this everyone was on the fence as to whether you were paranoid or other potential flavours. The other potential flavours could have provided information, which is why I actually found it very odd you weren't Night killed before you had an opportunity to discover your flavour...

Do you have any insight into this at all? Am I in the wrong thinking you're possibly using this claim as a means of getting any town suspicions off your back and buying more time? You're vocal about the mylo, lylo situations as well... I don't know but it's food for thought to me and I'd like to hear a response from you :)
_

I get a big vibe amongst the power roles that someone is not who they have claimed to be... I'm asking generally @town if anyone else shares similar vibes.
First of all, I'm assuming I'm paranoid, still not for sure. It's much more likely, but if I were to turn up an innocent investigation tonight, it would show I'm insane. So the two open possibilities are: Paranoid(essentially vanilla townie put there to confuse things) or insane (in which case I could have useful information). To your second question, first off even if I was, why would I say yes? Secondly, no I'm not. In fact, the suspicions came from D1 by in large, when I was playing stupidly bad, and since then I have played much better and most of the suspicion on me died down D2, before I had claimed.

Then you say it's strange that I didn't get killed before I could discover my sanity-it's been one night since I claimed, and at that point scum knew I wasn't sane and either A. Knew I was paranoid(only works if it's a Cacti/Kev scumteam), or B. Could have assumed so after I had guilties on people they knew were town.

As for your last section: Who in particular do you feel isn't who they say they are.

And Marshy, I'm not saying town has done "OMG PHENOMENAL!" I'm just saying that Gheb is making it sound like we haven't made a correct decision all game, when we have. We haven't done great, but we haven't done bad either.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb: Pierre is one of the most confirmed townies because it is highly unlikely he is anything BUT the vig he claims to be. Also, if there were 5 anti-town roles one mislynch and a kill by each killing party would make the town even with anti-town roles. That's a ridiculously bad balance/ratio.
I'm obviously talking about a one-shot SK here like Scumfever was in FFVII not one who shoots each night. Since we had only 1 death each night that's already impossible but a one-shot SK faking Vig for an easy win doesn't seem that far off to me.
Confirmed Daykill =/= Confirmed town.

@Gheb: there's one thing I don't like and it's your drive, I'll get onto this in a minute - your case is built from Riddle and not myself it seems; there was sign of activity in D1 and a lack of activity from subsequent Days in which he never really conversed with any of his doubters - this is where I think your dislike for me stems from. What you've failed to really comment on is my play, and by this I mean solely Kat... not this 'RiddleKat' that I'm being tagged with.
No, just because you replaced in doesn't mean that the accusations are null all of a sudden. Yes, I'm blaming you for things that Riddle did before you replaced in. I mean it sucks for you but Riddle was playing the "scum or dumb" game all of D1 and at the end of D1 / D2 it degenerated into "obvscum".

I've been around for a long time now - I've yet to see (at the very least) any proper recognition of my play considering you're pushing for the lynch. This is fundamentally one of the reasons I'm concerned with your drive as stated earlier - it just feels forced to me, sorry.
At the same time constantly saying "Riddle was scummy, not me. It's his fault not mine!" feels just as forced. Especially since it does NOT clear you from suspicion at all no matter how hard you try to make us believe. Point in case is that nobody - not even yourself - can deny that Riddle has played like a scumbag and loading the blame on him does NOT clear you in the slightest. You didn't even try to respond to my accusations voiced against him - and there are many of them (basically since late D1/early D2).

There are a lot of claimed roles in this game but I wouldn't put it passed me you're a hybrid lyncher of some kind aiming to get me killed to fulfil whatever condition you have.
Are we really back to that "he's a lyncher" nonsense from D1 again?

What are your opinions on everyone else in the game? Who else do you find suspicious? Who are your secondary and other lynch candidates? I'm very keen to hear your thoughts and reasonings actually.
You
Pierre / Cacti

Unless somebody can explain to me how Pierre's actions and abilities confirm him as town I will continue to believe him as SK based on the way he played to far - clearly anti-town.
Cacti for starting to coast right after saving the claimed Doc - weird timing to say the least especially since claimed protecting roles are usually lynched to avoid wifom shenanigans the next day. His tunneling against a confirmed non-mafiat for most of D1 (and regularily fall-back votes IIRC) also looks unhealthy and unproductive and there are too many unexplained votes and too much wagon hopping for my liking.

I took an approach when I replaced in to be active, pro-town, scumhunt and guard myself from potential wagon-starters that would ultimately kill me for the wrong reasons and there is evidence I have done so through my notes, my perspective on everyone, my opinions on you and your potential connections with Kevin, how I thought there was something off with SRB and his 'buddying' up to mentos - using forced acronyms to sound all clever and pro-town, which... now that he claims survivor, I'd like to think was good judgement on my part for him to emanate as pro-town a scent as possible and thus survive to the end... There's also my pessimism with Rockin and how he got away with too much. You can't deny that for the time I've been in this game I have at least given some input and tried hard to establish a good grounding on the players here (of course whether these groundings are good or bad is something to be assessed on at the end of the game =) )
All the things you give yourself credit for have been pointed out by somebody else at some point already. Good judgement isn't hard to do when you just repeat what's been said already. "Pessimism" with Rockin is very nice but doesn't help much if you don't even vote him (and Riddle has pretty much ignored him all game - how convenient).
You have been giving input but none of it was substantial enough to bring something new to the table - on the contrary: Your posts are pretty much proxied to the opinion of the majority.

Besides, you still haven't even tried to respond to any of the accusations against Riddle. Don't even tell me that's in unimportant not because it obviously isn't.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Better than your BOGUS holy ****.

"the way [Pierre] has played - completely anti-town" is just bogus and you are ridiculous. Were you around yesterDay, for real? Did you see the Rockin lynch? He flipped SCUM, you know. Also, you still think that there is a serial killer after an independent survivor flipped. This is a 13 man game. Two indys plus a mafia? Go away. Please just hammer yourself.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
2 indies in a 13 mafia game is not a big deal at all. Your quote just completely proves my point of you OMGUS voting me which perfectly corresponds with the way you played this game so far. You are asking me to hammer myself really? I'm sorry but you know what happens in case of a mislynch? I'm sorry for not giving this game up as quickly as you do but I actually care about winning this and try to lynch the guy who's actually scummy not the guy who hurts my feelings the most. QQ less, scumhunt more.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seriously I just re-read the whole situation and everytime I post something that's supposed to explain something you're just posting a dumb one-liner or fake your vig shot as a response. You don't even bother responding anymore because you obviously don't care whether I'm right or wrong. Same game you played in Para Mafia when you started to tunnel on Hando when he got most of the heat already anyway. If you really want me lynched you have to give me more than "I am done listening to this." because as far as I can see my posts have a lot more content than what you have given us so far. Currently you're just living on your vig-kill but you know my opinion on that anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Besides voting Rockin means very little because I've done exactly the same but you try to take credit for it as if it was something special or some great personal achievement.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Making a post to address everyone's points tomorrow evening due to last minute christmas stuff (and it being close to 4am here) but thanks to the people who have replied to me so far.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

VOTE COUNT

Gheb_01 (3): Marshy, KevinM, Pierre

Deadline is the last second of 1/2/10
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Top Bottom