• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To answer your question(think it was pierre who asked), why aim for someone I think is inno with my investigation? Scum isn't going to get nk'd, and hence I wouldn't be able to "sanity test" on them regardless. If I aimed for someone I thought was scum and got a guilty, there's no way there are 4 scum so I would know I was paranoid/insane. If I aimed for someone I thought was scum and got an inno, I would know it was you/kev remaining as scum or that person and someone else. Thanks to the Rockin lynch, we would have had a ml to test the inno, and if they flipped scum it would clear you/kev, if they flipped town we would know both scum. Absolutely no reason to purposely aim for someone I thought was going to die.

And Marshy, I didn't say 100% because insane cop with kev/pierre/kata town/semi-cleared is still possible.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
So this is interesting... Macman, yesterDay, was on the same train of thought as myself with suspicions on a Gheb/Kev connection. I'm inclined to think his death was caused by one of the two - I'd like to hear what they both have to say!
This assumption is flawed, as it is very, very WIFOMey. Meaning scum could have killed macman to frame Gheb and Kev. On the other hand, maybe Gheb and Kev are trying to make you think that they are being framed by Mafia.

Like i said, very WIFOM'ey. You should know that using this to help building a case against him is bad play.

My lynch pool goes as:

Kat/Pierre either one.
Kev If there isn't a gov, then he may be mafia doc with one time lynch immunity.

Not sure about Gheb's sanity at this point, if one has a miller role, then that would suck big time.

I'm up for mass roleclaim if everyone wants to.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would save role-claim for tomorrow. We've still got a ml at this point after the Rockin lynch yesterday, and I hate to give a full claim when we don't need to. On the other hand, we have a ton of roles out in the open already, so it probly wouldn't reveal much. I'd really be fine either way, I just feel it's a stronger point to do it tomorrow than today.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mentos already said why we shouldn't do the claim: We still have a mislynch and Kat is obvscum. Now he starts tunneling me because Macmans town flip makes his "case" against me look legitimate. Should've lynched him D2 already...

:059:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
unvote vote kat

thought circus was governor

swords has been the towniest of the town since like d2. town is a failure if he's lynched

gonna reread this weekend but doubt my bg list will change

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@pierre, i honestly think that cacti needs to stop lurking. We're in a tight position as it is. He has not given his opinion on much. He did start the wagon on Rockin, yes, but he just posted like KevinM did. He is not backing his posts up with reasoning anymore, which makes me want to lynch him.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Are you kidding?

If the list is top to bottom town to scum, then he said Gheb was his biggest suspicion, then Kataefi, then me. And for some reason, then, he voted for me, and then he decided no he will vote Kataefi. Is he next going to vote you?

It doesn't make logical sense, so I am questioning it. For the second time, because he did not answer my question the first time.

Go away.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
top 3 = ggs
middle = needs more of a presence but had gg vibes from him earlier
bottom 3 = bgs i'm willing to wagon/lynch. seeing gheb support following up on this made me change my vote

others should reread with me knowing chaco's/rockin's flip

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
hey scumfevah i see no gif :mad:. also i'm voting kat putting him at 2 votes

lets go through this monster. focusing on how rockin interacted with dudes

d1

hey mentos. you town? can you promise me that youll never play like this ever again? youre aware that "i was purposely acting scummy" is one of the most bull**** things you can possibly say? youre forcing me to consider a scum paranoid cop more than id expect and its a pain in the ***. circus and i were pretty confident there was scum between you/kevin and kevin looks like a gg right now. can you scumhunt today? i dont know who you find suspicious. im sad that theres no vig as he shouldve shot you d1/n1

ugh. chaco needs to learn the difference between "to" and "too" and "you're" and "your". rereading this is making me weep for america's school systems

145-148 = kevingg

184 = scumkin pouncing on sinz and swords the easy town targets

185 = macman's "wow what an awful post" reaction makes me more confident in swords being town. changed his mind but whatever. circus also felt that swords was one of the towniest players in the game. dont think i'll be voting swords for the rest of the game

From what I read, I don't really find anything suspicious about Gheb. However, I do question at least some of his logic in his posts (like that one about outing out a PR). But so far, I don't see any scumminess with Gheb.
I'm undecided in Rockin's case. Chaco has been playing a very destructive game so far but I'm not sure about whether he was scum or dumb. I'm going to give Rockin the benefit of doubt (for now) and assume that he just had to take the place of a VI, not a scumbag. Still got my eyes on him.
these are important

239 - initial reaction is rockin's fanning an argument against cacti (by riddle/kat) implying different alignments. furthers my opinion of cactown

251 - more of scumkin trying to pound swords the easy target

275 - pierre's d1 strawlist. i wonder what it is now?

282 - just want to reiterate how awful this post of riddle's is. it's very bad

286 - riddle: "grrr im angry so made a case". his going for macman reminds of wonderland when he made a similarly terrible case on macman. he was scum there

290 - riddle: "baww no defense from macman" reminds me of how earlier in this game he was crying over no defense from cacti. defenses are overrated and im wondering if he was trying to exploit this

334 - rockin: "i didn't like that swords wasnt defending himself with so many votes" is crap. the rest of this post is terrible. he gives himself ins and outs while subtly voicing suspicions towards many players everywhere. what a scummy slimeball

350/351 - riddle/rockin *****ing at each other. hm

as you and Marshy commented, Mentos hasn't really been commenting most of the game, which I do find odd. He's usually good at contributing discussion and is fairly active. However, him trying to stealthfully sneak on by makes me wonder. If he still continues to coast, I wouldn't mind him being the play. If we're going to lynch him because of coasting/not answering questions, then wouldn't someone like Ace be in that pool as well?
another important post

463 - me saying that i'm okay switching to truth. this was a distancing act. i pm'd him to claim mason around the time i made that post

that's d1 rockin. maybe ill force myself to do d2 later

conclusions: cacti/kevin/swords = ggs
riddle/kat = bg

-----------------------------------------

d2

662 - on further thought pbpas are overrated. they can be used to make nearly anyone look scummy. people just shouldnt do them. however i get heavy gg vibes from this post because it lines up with towncop. note that mentos does all this **** instead of just claiming cop to bag a mislynch. also macman and i thought 'wow how terrible someone vig this guy' when kevin threw his fit over riddle during d1 twilight. i'm assuming mentos investigated kevin at least partly because of this which lines up with the way mac and i were thinking

737 - scumkin is fencesitting with kevin HARD here. furthers my opinion of kevintown

764 - rockin's repeatedly listed kevin/riddle after swords for his lynch preferences. this is bothering me. what do others make of their interactions?

conclusions: kevin/mentos = ggs

----------------------------

d3

859 - scumkin's trying to get into kevindoc's head on why he's protected who he has. it gives the scumbags a better idea on how to handle the doc at night. gg points for kevin

884 - scumkin is annoying me more with his interactions with riddle. more feedback on riddle/kat please. it looks like he's just going for an easy target here

900 - look at steel being a noob mod. pfft. pretty sure those arent even from phoenix wright

937 - cacti is the first vote on scumkin. gg points

964 - scumkin: "everything riddle said while he was here is possibly null and void". this post coupled with 967 come off as possible outs for his scumbuddy while staying noncommittal

1125 - pierre votes rockin which pushes his lynch over the edge. huge gg points

conclusions: kevin/cacti/pierre = ggs

------------------------

overall conclusions: swords/cacti/kevin/mentos/pierre as ggs leaving riddlekat/gheb. least confident about pierre being town in my list of ggs. now that we have a scumflip get back into this game folks

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, great post there by marshy, been a while since I've seen you post that muchXD To answer your question beginning the D1 section, yes I am town, and no I don't intend to play like that ever again. While I purposely tried to look somewhat scummy, my major inactivity made it a whole lot more than I wanted, I really had to push back near the end there to make sure I didn't end up lynched, which was far from what I wanted.

Also, I don't know if I'll really have time to do a total re-read, but I am going to try to look back today and see if I come to the same conclusions as Marshy. I agree with most of his reads at the moment, but I'll be trying to doublecheck that.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Well there's a wagon against me, mentos, so I'd prefer if you read quickly and gave your thoughts in case you think differently. This applies to everyone considering my wagon.

I'm hoping differently because there's not much else I can rely on - perception is reality; if people stubbornly perceive me to be scum at this time in the game, there's little newer evidence I can rely on a Day by Day basis - My claim yesterDay is as close to a last straw. I've made an effort to post lengthy, note-taking posts to show a fresh perspective, to convince everyone that I am a town player and willing to seek out info, and importantly that I don't get wrongfully lynched by the town. I am Mr Sawit a vanilla townie and there's just not much more to me, unfortunately.

Marshy looks like an influential player - I'm expecting SRB to possibly hop on my wagon, particularly now that Marshy's declared him his towniest player. I invite everyone to take a re-read, please, and reconsider hopping on my wagon.

_

I'll still list my suspicions and answer people's questions:

@SRB: I do apologise if what I'm saying is very WIFOM. To me it seems like everything applies to this acronym nowadays. I feel like I'm treading on egg shells trying not to crack anything here. I certainly sense a Gheb/Kev connection, I've been vocal about this since when I replaced Riddle. Macman agreed with me and made a lengthy post, he too has been vocal - not much else actually happened to change his thoughts at the end of the Day, as with mine. Both of us simply couldn't start our own wagon in time due to the time...

Macman is now dead. My initial thought was, aside from the PRs, if the Day were to end now, I would most likely be the next in line for a Night kill. This is how I think about the game - my thoughts are probably lacking in experience but they point to Gheb and Kevin, and I am inclined to question my thoughts and get my answers.

@Cacti - accused of not doing much recently, and from my notes there really wasn't a lot about you in previous Days either. I find it strange you fly in now and make a vote on me so quickly... it looks like buddying up to me to get on Marshy's side. I currently view Marshy as a player in a strong town position so I'm expecting the remains of scum to potentially buddy up with him with/without his awareness. But yeah... you've come out of nowhere, haven't done much for the game if I'm being honest.

@Gheb - exactly why don't you want to mass claim? Additionally, you were ALWAYS suspicious of Riddle and really going for him in previous Days. At this present time are you suspicious of me because of Riddle? If not, then what is it about my play that seems so off to you?

FoS: Cacti and Gheb right now

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
unvote vote: kataefi
Will you stop posting this BS and get back to business? All you do is just post a one-liner and vote. You've become much less vocal in this game ever since it was not probable for me to be lynched. Explain the vote on Kataefi. Aren't you going to answer Pierre's question also?

Vote: Cacti

You've been lurking and posting one-liners long enough.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
unvote kat

swords what do you make of my post? am i on the wrong track or what?

remember circus telling me n2 to take a hard look at pierre should rockin flip scum. noticed rockin saying pierre was town pretty often in his posts when i reread earlier which mustve been what he was talking about. i think it could def be seen as scumkin having an agenda to pretty up his scumbuddy should he die. gonna investigate that though there is no way the bg list is changing from gheb/pierre/riddlekat

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Voting Kat for reasons that I have been suspicious if Riddle, which I have stated before. Agreeing with Marshy on Kat too.

@Pierre, I think that Swords is probably town.

About Kevin - Him going after Chaco in the beginning doesn't exactly clear him. While it edges him towards the green, I still could see mafia doing this to distance themselves. However, I'm leaning towards town on him.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
@Marshy: Late Day 3 I also noted Rockin's consistently good opinion of me, and I talked about it to Macman and compared it to Gheb's consistently good opinion of KevinM. I also called Roxkin out on accusing Riddle of behavior that applied to me as well but said I was town and Riddle was scummy. I'm sure you'll see both of those in your rereads.

I want a massclaim. I am a one shot anytime vigilante. I am gong to take my shot during the day toDay, and it does not end the Day.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Kataefi is multiple times more convincing than Riddle. His plea looks genuine whn contrasted with Rockin's basically giving up.

I'm looking at shooting Gheb as my primary target.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i agree @kat's genuineness

gheb
swords/cacti

in my order of who should claim. also in favor of just shooting gheb though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You guys seriously trust Pierre? Two Cops, a Doc, an executioner, a governor, two masoned townies and a one-shot vig are NOT all in this game. If you really want somebody shot it's obviously Kataefi though I don't even think that Pierre is the Vig to begin with. He's probably a one-shot SK like Scumfever was in FFVII, claims Vigs now and shoots a popular target to look town for an easy win. I'm OK with using his shot for town purposes but that doesn't change the fact that most of his game has been anti-town and him having a free kill doesn't mean he's town nor does the fact that he tries to kill in towns best interest.

I can do a full-claim if everybody's OK with it but I fear this town isn't smart enough to prevent me being shot in the first place. Since this is the case I'm not even surprised that you suddenly find Kat "genuine" either.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Might as well claim now: I'm Godot. My role PM said I'm vanilla. I think I'm miller though (probably doesn't matter now with our cop dead) because Godot used to work for Mia Fey before he fell into coma or something like that and he also seems to be pretty important / popular so flavour-wise it wouldn't make sense for him to be a regular vanilla.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'll claim too. I'm Redd White, the one-shot vig. At any time i can choose to slam a statue clock into someone's head. I aimed for Rockin on N2 but the kill did not go through. It is likely that he roleblocked me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Figured that something's not right with Pierre's claim. Curious to see his answer.

Unvote

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Triple ****ing interesting.

Godot as a vanilla townie; another one shot vig claim; the governor claim.

@Marshy: how solid are you in your read on Swords -.- also, tempted and currently subscribing to a thought that Phoenix Wright's signature "Hold It!" objection would make a nice governor translation.

@SwordsR: why the hell would you try to shoot at night, when you can be roleblocked and docblocked, instead of in the day, like I decided? Currently eyeing you for your claim. Can you be any more specific about your role name or how you kill, checking with scumfever to make sure you don't break the paraphrasing rule?

@Gheb: you think you might be a miller in a game with a claimed paranoid cop? Those seem to clash in game design imo.

I'm Dahlia Hawthorne. I breadcrumbed it in my first post ever talking about my Feenie. Yesterday I told KevinM that his logic was poison to me and he was a murderer - breadcrumbing my own role.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Also, @Gheb: why do you think MY claim of one shot vig is wrong when I can prove my kill power and Swords cannot? Also, with two claimed cops, how odd do you did two claimed vigs?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: you think you might be a miller in a game with a claimed paranoid cop? Those seem to clash in game design imo.
Not necessarily. Though it's very unlikely there's still the slim possibility of mentos actually being insane. If we have two cops that give you useful results I can easily see roles like traitor, godfather and miller in this game to allow contradictions in their results. I fail to see how paranoid cop and miller clash in game design though. A paranoid cop is unreliable regardless of the roles and allignments. A miller is obviously meant to throw the (in-)sane cop off whereas a paranoid cop remains unaffected.

Also, @Gheb: why do you think MY claim of one shot vig is wrong when I can prove my kill power and Swords cannot? Also, with two claimed cops, how odd do you did two claimed vigs?
First question: Confirming the ability of killing a player of your choosing doesn't mean you are town. As I said you could still be a one-shot SK. It's true that Swords claim is a bit strange especially since he claims to have shot a confirmed scumbag. I think your playstyle so far corresponds with a SK a lot better than with a vig. This is something I wouldn't say about swords.

Second question: The difference between two one-shot vigs and two cops with varying sanities is pretty obvious. It's not unusual to have 2 investigators in a 13 player game. A one-shot vig is already a rarity on its own and now there are supposed to be two of them? It's fairly easy to see why I don't believe this.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
not gonna assume that scumfever/ronike were lame enough to put a 1-shot survivor

just skimmed over d2 and it's hard to believe that swords shot rockin. he was on kevin/riddle for most of the day

Top Bottom