• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
so earlier you voted me because the lynch was "doable" and now you're voting macman who doesn't have any votes on him and is also the towniest player in this game? dumb or scum?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Marshy, you don't think that Mac has not considered any possible scum-groups that doesn't involve Kevin at all since the beginning of D2 scummy at all? Or the fact that even if he is town, he will be a hinderance tomorrow due to the fact that he refuses to look at possibilities not involving Kevin?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
macman picked up on my mason crumb. he'd have killed me if he was scum. i know you can say wifom but **** wifom everyone uses that as an excuse. macman is town your vote is bad and you need to switch it to kat(riddle)/pierre/rockin

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Are you also a governor? Because governor - executor mason pair seemed reasonable, but earlier you said that the governor was not confirmed innocent. Were you just distancing from your power or are you really not the governor? If you aren't... maybe the governor is the judge (mafia aligned with Phoenix Wright?) or maybe Phoenix Wright himself is the mafia governor (HOLD IT! sort of power).

regardless, unvote

You really have been slacking today though and very, very much frustrating me. I hope you recognize that. Now that I see you are the eventual clear-claimed, it kind of makes sense to me that you would slack a bit because you are just cleared later, but the fact that you call my frustration an act, and then think I should be lynched, disagrees with that line of thought. So I guess you really don't think there is anything wrong with your playstyle, which you will recognize is dumb when this game is over and all roles/alignments are on the table.

KevinM, you MUST protect Marshy tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that the mason partner to The_Truth/Circus is town aligned, because it was MASON and not NEIGHBOR, plus letting the mafia know who the executor is would be terrible game design. So you really need to protect Marshy. And we have to hope, I guess, there is no mafia roleblocker.

Marshy... you probably could have (easily) lived through toDay without claiming. Oh, well.

vote: Rockin, then

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I disagree. Even if Mac is town, with how tunneled he is and that fact that tomorrow is probable-mylo, we'll need every townie's vote to lynch scum. If he keeps up his "scum MUST include Kevin" thing he's got going on, and Kevin isn't scum, that's a huge liability. Also, who knows if Mac picked up on your breadcrumb? The only way you could know he did was if he talked to you about it out of game(which, obviously, implies town/scum masonry) as he has never pointed out the breadcrumb and could have been saying he found it to look better. I find Mac to be a liability if he is town, and find no solid evidence to the side that he isn't scum. He's refused to let go of the Kevin lynch the entire day, and I haven't seen anything that strongly inclines me to believe he's town. Liability or scum=fine lynch by me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
mentos I consider every option, just because I don't make it widely apparent doesn't mean ****.

You are lynching me because you think I am unhelpful? Honestly no words right now.

This game is hella frustrating.

Marshy why did you say yud be down with a truth lynch. Threw me off when i was looking for truths partner. Also, you said Circus saved kevinM, and if that means what I think it means than town prs have just been ****ing up all game.

yet again, no new info from a major claim.

Tell me who to vote for. No faith in town at all. Can't wait till someone gets lynched/nightkilled.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Pierre, Marshy is in NO WAY cleared by being second mason. Look at jungle/Rockin in TLI mafia, closed masonries with 1 town 1 scum are not impossible. Don't clear him based solely on that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually nevermind. Marshy will get nightkilled tonight and noone will lynch kevin tomorrow.

I picked up the breadcrumb and thought he was mafia cuz of it. Also I'm sorry for tunneling the most scummy person in the game. I can replace out if my tunneling is bugging you so bad mentos.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
And Pierre, Marshy is in NO WAY cleared by being second mason. Look at jungle/Rockin in TLI mafia, closed masonries with 1 town 1 scum are not impossible. Don't clear him based solely on that.
This is a terrible comparison and you should feel ashamed of yourself. There is no way that a game designer would put a town power role in a masonry with a mafia aligned player, with SOLE exception that they are life linked. In TLI, the town doctor was life linked with the mafia roleblocker. In this game, the other mason partner has already died and the second did not die. They are not lifelinked. They would not be masoned and opposite alignments. Marshy is cleared, and for you to say that he is "in NO WAY cleared" is stupid.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pierre: Not necessarily true. I'm telling you to leave the option open, because I've seen dumber things affect who won games. In fact, if you would like another comparison, as the mason recruiter in SpiderManfia, I would have been able to recruit a mafia member with no inclination that told me he was scum. Non life linked. Don't go clearing people based on pre-conceived notions of roles.

And Mac, at least I've been posting thoughts and not trying to connect every player I find scummy in the game to Kevin.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So Marshy, you don't think that Mac has not considered any possible scum-groups that doesn't involve Kevin at all since the beginning of D2 scummy at all?
How is this scummy? Explain to me why my push for Kevin would be scummy in the slightest? Why would me as mafia, want to tunnel Kevin. What benefit would their be, especially when people are accusing of me being tunneled left and right.

You could also just lynch Kevin to get rid of my tunneling problem. He has been way more scummy and antitown. I don't see how you see me as a bigger liability than Kevin during mylo/lylo.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Marshy why did you say yud be down with a truth lynch. Threw me off when i was looking for truths partner. Also, you said Circus saved kevinM, and if that means what I think it means than town prs have just been ****ing up all game.

yet again, no new info from a major claim.
wind was blowing in truth's direction pretty hard. no point in outing myself to save him when i could just tell him to claim and clear myself later

misread circus' flip. no way in hell did i save kevin. have no powers

Pierre: Not necessarily true. I'm telling you to leave the option open, because I've seen dumber things affect who won games. In fact, if you would like another comparison, as the mason recruiter in SpiderManfia, I would have been able to recruit a mafia member with no inclination that told me he was scum. Non life linked. Don't go clearing people based on pre-conceived notions of roles.
this doesn't work because spidermanfia was a terrible awful setup

franziska von karma

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha Marshy, the point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't clear someone just because of presumptions. It killed town in HP mafia. It would have killed us in TLI if not for the lovers factor. Can't remember the other games I was thinking of, but you get the idea.

I'll rethink my vote a bit. We've got a little over 24 hours left to discuss, so don't think my vote is cemented right now. Now, Mac, I have a question for you:

Assume Kevin is in fact town. Who is your top pick for scum and why?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rockin. lurking no contribution

than
pierre

then maybe riddle.

but this doesnt mean anything. Only person I can actually see being scum in that group is Rockin.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you would be on there if I could actually see scum claiming an already claimed character and then having terrible reports on top of it.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Sorry, mentosman, but I'm perfectly content clearing Marshy based on his claim, and the fact that you've gone from "in NO WAY" to "not necessarily," should tell you something.

I just don't know why Marshy thinks I'm lynch-worthy. Earlier his reasoning was because he didn't think Swords or Cacti should be lynched and that somehow meant I should be lynched.

rockin. lurking no contribution

than
pierre

then maybe riddle.

but this doesnt mean anything. Only person I can actually see being scum in that group is Rockin.
You keep voting and then unvoting me and its fairly apparent that that old flavor thing is bothering you. Don't let it, seriously. It's just flavor, and there's a perfectly good explanation for it, and besides, mafia would know who is mafia aligned and wouldn't have said what I said.

Fine with my Rockin vote. Would also switch to Kataefi/Riddle to make sure there is a lynch today.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sheesh, what more you want me to say? what more you want me to do?

I'd told you all I can say really. There's nothing much else to say except maybe the thing that Kat posted (which I'm glad he finally caught up and have been sharing his reviews.)

I don't know why Pierre is going after me in terms of him 'being a similar suspect.' The only thing similar with riddle was the amount of posts you made from time to time, but as I said, you've been more contributing then Riddle has (he stopped being good at the beginning of D2).

Right now, everyone seems to be stabbing each other in the throat. One person going after another, another going after another, and maybe one more. Everyone is bouncing all over the place instead of keeping certain of their one lynch target. Insane.

Like I said, sorry I jumped off the competition to being the 'best contributer', but there's nothing much I can really share atm. I know it sounds useful, but tis only the truth.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pierre: You've definitely mis-represented what I've said. I didn't go from "no way" to "not necessarily" I went from saying you should in no way clear someone based on presumptions about the way a role works, to saying what you said was "not necessarily true." In no way do those phrases contradict or not fit together perfectly.

Also, Mac, if you assume that Kevin is town that's your top 3 suspicions, but only 1 of them is scum? How does that work? I asked you that question because you say you consider every option, just don't widely present them, yet now when I ask you to present such an option, you tell me that there's only one scum? Listen: You've tunneled so much on Kevin you can only see a scum-grouping that involves him, and if you were to think of scum you would have a total of one lone suspect. The point I'm trying to make is please, start looking at people not as how they're connected to Kevin, but on their own scumminess. The reason I see you as a liability going into tomorrow as town is exactly this, and I asked that question to make the point.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't understand the point. Those would be my suspicions if I knew Kevin was town. Since I do not know this, they are not my suspicions. You never asked me to present any options. Which would be an odd questions since the options are any combination of 3 maybe 2 people left in this game. I consider those options I just do not believe them to be likely.

I could say that the entire town is a liability because they won't look at Kevin based on his own scumminess, but instead on his claim.

Basically you see me as a liability because I kevin is scum and thats not the proper way to think.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Are you also a governor? Because governor - executor mason pair seemed reasonable, but earlier you said that the governor was not confirmed innocent. Were you just distancing from your power or are you really not the governor? If you aren't... maybe the governor is the judge (mafia aligned with Phoenix Wright?) or maybe Phoenix Wright himself is the mafia governor (HOLD IT! sort of power).
I think if the gov flips mafia, then we quicklynch kevin. Why? If the gov is mafia, then it is likely that he protected one of his scummates.

At this point, i'm still down for a Kat/riddle, Pierre, or rockin lynch. Kevin may be a choice for tomorrow, but it's too late in the day to discuss that. He may be a good choice for tomorrow's lynch. If there's a mafia gov, i hope we lynch him today so we can lynch kev tomorrow.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macman, I guess I was a little unclear on the point I tried to make. What I'm trying to say, is I presented that situation to see what you would think because I've felt that you've been so tunneled on Kevin, that you wouldn't have anything in mind if he were to flip town, which I would feel unsafe with. However, after reading your explanation there, I see what you meant, and feel a lot safer with the answer. Unvote

And Swords, are you serious? Wouldn't it be a great plan of a mafia governor to stop the lynch of someone town felt uncomfortable with so if they flipped that person would be quicklynched? We don't quicklynch anyone if a mafia governor flips. We don't quicklynch period. The entire situation there would be so steeped in WIFOM we would definitely need to talk it out.

Regardless, I'll probly end up voting Rockin if he has nothing useful to say.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

it's starting to heat up in here!

Vote Count:

Rockin (4) – Cacti, Pierre, Marshy, KevinM
Kat (1) - Gheb
Cacti (1) - Macman

With 10 alive it takes a vote of 6 to lynch!
Deadline is the last second of 12/15 EST

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote Vote Rockin putting him @L-1. Still baffeled that Riddlekat wagon gets no love and want people to know that I'm down for a wagon at any time. Gov don't save Rockin please unless you want to screw us over. RiddleKat can still die toMorrow I guess.

Marshy/I:
I've agreed with him on somethings, and I think he is town. Strong connection, I don't believe so, atleast not as strong as Kevin and you.
I bet to differ. Marshy clearly called you "obvtown", you said that he's one of the only people you trust (which is now understandable as you apparantly picked up his breadcrumb) and your actions starting from D1 up to now have largely been the same. Keep in mind though:
I'm not saying that you are scummy because of this. I'm trying to point out that the connection of me with kevin by no means makes me scummy - maybe in your head because you're super tunneled this time around...

Riddle/Pierre and Mentos/Rockin:
No clue, I haven't really seen/noticed evidence of this.
Time for you to do some work then.

But we agree on one thing, there does seem to be a strong connection between you and Kevin. Do you think that if Kevin was ever revealed as scum, that it should implicate you as scum as well?
Hmmm...you asked exactly the same thing about me / Hando in Para and the answer is again no.

KevinM.

Will you protect Marshy?
Fishing much?

Sheesh, what more you want me to say? what more you want me to do?
Be useful. Something you haven't been all game.

I'd told you all I can say really. There's nothing much else to say except maybe the thing that Kat posted (which I'm glad he finally caught up and have been sharing his reviews.)
Nothing to say? Are you telling me that you have absolutely nothing to say about the connections I pointed out, Macman vs Kevin, Marshy claiming and Pierre vs Swords? There is a lot to say but all you've been doing was to stall until the last moment and you haven't done shit all game.

Right now, everyone seems to be stabbing each other in the throat. One person going after another, another going after another, and maybe one more. Everyone is bouncing all over the place instead of keeping certain of their one lynch target. Insane.
While in the meantime you have been coasting on the sidelines? 100% OK with you dead now. Riddlekat can die tomorrow still.

:059:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
2. Chaco Rockin
4. Pierre the Scarecrow
9. Riddle (Kataefi)
12. Gheb_01

^ bgs are here

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about gheb, but it's too late in the day to build a new case against him.

I'll hammer rockin if needbe.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Nobody should hammer Rockin until he has claimed and we have all responded as much as we can.

And Macman.... yes, I think I am. If you and someone else vote him then I will too, but I dont want to see the day end up in a no lynch.

Top Bottom