• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'd flip town though like.

And there we go lets wagon Marshy

Unvote
Vote Marshy

much rather waste our last ML on someone whom if town isn't helping us AT all like.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Macman, that is an incredibly impressive post.

Mentosman8's "guilty" on KevinM, however, almost forces me to accept that KevinM is not my lynch target, because Mentosman8 also got a "guilty" on me. Same result, then most likely same alignment, unless Mentos is mafia lying. Mentos would have little reason to make a lie gambit fakeclaim, considering he wasn't on a lynchblock. So I believe Mentos, and therefore due to his investigation results, I believe Kevin. Even if Kevin himself makes it kinda hard for me to believe him:

I'd flip town though like.

And there we go lets wagon Marshy

Unvote
Vote Marshy

much rather waste our last ML on someone whom if town isn't helping us AT all like.
I appreciate that you are also voting Marshy with me, but this wordage is horrendous. Your attitude makes it look like you aren't convinced your vote is correct at all. You call it a waste. You call it a mislynch. And you speak about your vote target only as if he is town. You are killing me with this diction, Kevin. Your words are poison to my motivation. You hear me? You murderer? Poison. How dare you.

Lol.

Either way, Macman: what do you think about the chance of Gheb, as mafia, linking himself to Kevin the town, by purposefully eliminating Kevin from his personal lynch pool all game, and also routinely defending Kevin? It seems like this is possible, and at the same time, I would like to point out that Rockin has repeatedly stated that he doesn't find me suspicious in a similar manner - he never really explains why, and I am suspect of Rockin, so I feel like they are similar situations... what do you think about either of those?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

i redid my first drawing...i think its better...

Vote Count:

Rockin (1) – Cacti
Kat (2) - Marshy, Gheb
Cacti (1) - Macman
Swords (1) - Mentos
Marshy (2) - Pierre, Kevin

With 10 alive it takes a vote of 6 to lynch!
Deadline is the last second of 12/15 EST

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Rockin, I wish you would play this game. I saw you viewing the thread just minutes ago. Why are you lurking? =[.

pierre i'll answer once i get a response from gheb.

For the record, Marshy is like the only person that I strongly believe is town.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Pierre, it's the truth, if we're going into lylo he's not helping at all like as town, and if he's mafia we just eliminated the strongest possible mafia connection, most likely helping the rest of his scum buddies immensely.

Also I'm sorry guys but I haven't been giving this game a fair shot since I've been tunneled on for the last two Days making this game stupid hard for me to play in since instead of scumhunting its been, lets see how many ways we can twist Kevin's words to DESPERATELY try and make the UNcc'd Doc scum.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok kevin. becuz we've definitely been twisting your words and you clearly haven't done anything remotely scummy at all.

If I were to lynch someone who I don't think is scum. It would be swords or pierre. Swords because I'd feel bad if he flipped indy/scum and I was his number one defender. And pierre cuz I'm still bothered by that flavor thing. Then rockin cuz he hasn't been doing anything.

so i have a huge stack of empty jello cups and they smell like strawberry jello and it smells really good.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kataefi, you don't want to claim?
I do want to claim pierre - there's a possibility I could survive this Day lynch, and with good reason: Mr. Sawit, the vanilla townie

<Bolded and underlined by myself scumfever. I haven't quoted the PM>

_

The deadline is tight. Marshy, myself are both tied for equal votes but if I'm honest I'd much rather people looked at Macman's post... that's exactly what I was insinuating between Gheb and Kevin and there's ample evidence there of a connection.

Gheb you never commented on my recent posts at all... imo you're basing my play off of Riddle... this is fair enough... but you brushed MY posts off as nothing but OMGUS. I'd like a decent reply to these at least especially due to the fact you haven't really defended yourself from the claims I'm throwing at you.
_

Marshy's posts have been quite empty imo but nothing shouts mafia to me. He just lingers about a situation and makes short comments here and there... seems more attributed to his playstyle if anything, particularly toDay. Saying that, I can understand it being very negative to town though... he just appears very calm and laid back in the face of a tight deadline. Slow progress is not really my thing lol so I'm not the biggest Marshy fan from what I'm reading. I'd like to hear Marshy's thoughts on his current wagon...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, I wish you would play this game. I saw you viewing the thread just minutes ago. Why are you lurking? =[.

pierre i'll answer once i get a response from gheb.

For the record, Marshy is like the only person that I strongly believe is town.
Sorry Mac, I've been fairly busy and been running around all day. The thing is starting to calm down now, so I should be able to post something ><;;

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So it's looking like our possibilities today are Marshy or Kata huh?

Pierre: Don't take my investigations to mean ANYTHING at this point. Unless I come up with an innocent, my investigations mean nothing because I could be paranoid(always receiving guilty report).

Now, as for the lynch for the day? I'm down for a Marshy wagon. I've been kind of tossing around a potential Mac/Marsh scum pairing in my head for a while, and I could definitely see it being possible, especially with me continuously waning belief that I'm a sane cop. So, for now,

Vote: Marshy

Would also be fine with Mac, Rockin, or Gheb at the moment. Kata's recent posts have done a lot to allay the thoughts I had on Riddle, especially when a lot of the problem with him was his lack of posting, and he wasn't exactly active in any other game he was in during recent time period. So yeah, I'm down for this wagon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Kat & Macman

Don't see why you keep lumping me with Kevin. A lot of the stuff you hold against me looks exetremely like you try to misconstrue what I've said / done to paint me in a bad light. I'm bringing up a legitimate case against Riddle D2 which continues to be one of our strongest leads toDay (and has yet to be given a good response to) and all you can say about it is that I tried to draw attention away from Kevin? How about lynching Kat then to see if my push for his lynch was merely a "distraction" tactic or actually a legitimate concern? I'm baffeled that you hold the fact that I tried to introduce alternate discussion against me when all you have done so far was MAJOR tunneling. Seriously Macman, you are one of the hugest reasons I have tried to look around at the other players because of how tunneled you were all game. D1 was mentos, mentos, mentos; D2 was kevin, kevin, kevin ... well I'm sorry to tell you that you probably won't win this game by playing that way. Same for Riddlekat who has done nothing except scapegoating Swords and Cacti (conveniently two of the easier targets) and coasting. How convenient to play for a scumbag.
You still need to explain to me how "defending" Kevin is scummy in the first place. I can show you examples of how Pierre blatantly defends Riddle and how there is almost zero (negative) interaction between Marshy / Macman, Rockin / Mentos and Kevin / Cacti. There are still many, many possibilities in regards to connections and I don't like how you, macman, parrot Kat singling out this particular "connection". Just because it's Kevin whom you are particularily suspicious of doesn't mean that everybody not tunneling against him is instascum. Mafia isn't that simple a game. Curious why you trust Kat digging out old posts to paint me in a bad light (typical scum tactic btw) for something that I'm hardly guilty of - at least not more than other players.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
cept i made the point before kat did so it can hardly be called parroting. You are telling me that the posts I presented don't portray a clear cut case of you parroting/defending Kevin? Also interesting that you focus on my argument of you bringing up a riddle case to divert attention away from Kevin when there were many other instances and points that I brought attention to. Than the rest of your paragraph goes on to shed suspicion on other people instead of actually focusing on the matter that you are responding to.

Also would like to know where I've miscontrued what you've said and how I've painted you in a bad light. Never did I say you were scummy. [atleast i dont think ive said it yet] I just paired you with kevinM.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence, what in particular do you not think you are guilty of?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
this is why we don't do the ****ing "wait 2 days before deadline" bull**** we always do

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh wow deadline's tomorrow. kat claimed vanilla so let's not expose more power roles. more kat votes. if there's a vig take care of our pierre problem and his terrible acting

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy: Not a joke at all. On D1, you and Mac were riding me like crazy simply due to my not being the most active and not saying a whole lot. D2 comes with you two voting Kev very quickly. Both not the same as many of your comments D1 about pushing me, and for the second straight day, you two's push was the same. At the time, I was looking from the angle of a sane cop and was almost wondering if you two were masons: your opinions and pushes fit on several occasions, and I thought Kev was in fact guilty. Now I'm less sure, and still see a connection between you two.

Couple this with Mac being extremely tunneled(almost reminding me of his push on Marshy in DinoMafia), and I have a decent thought that you two could be scum together. Not 100% confident, but I have my reasons for this thought.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
look for connections after someone flips scum :ohwell:

man. how do you and kevin not understand how scummy you guys were? you two are only alive because of your claims. vote kat

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
cept i made the point before kat did so it can hardly be called parroting.
Nah, Kat's first real post already includes stuff against me. Parrot was surely a stretch - I just like the word.

You are telling me that the posts I presented don't portray a clear cut case of you parroting/defending Kevin?
That's not what I'm telling you. I wouldn't say that there's a stronger connection between me and him.

Also interesting that you focus on my argument of you bringing up a riddle case to divert attention away from Kevin when there were many other instances and points that I brought attention to.
I just found that part especially noteworthy because it shows clearly that you try to misconstrue what I did to paint me in a bad light. This is the part that proves my point the best so I tried to emphasise it.

Than the rest of your paragraph goes on to shed suspicion on other people instead of actually focusing on the matter that you are responding to.
Here you misconstrue me again. I have not shed suspicion on other players at all. I merely used counterexamples to substantiate the fact that connections don't automatically lead to scum but I have never said "X / Y have no interactions so they are scummy because of Z". That's not what I have said.

Also would like to know where I've miscontrued what you've said and how I've painted you in a bad light.
The previous two responses to your points (in this same post) is already an example of how you do it.

Never did I say you were scummy.
Kat did. My post also was a response to him.

[atleast i dont think ive said it yet] I just paired you with kevinM.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence, what in particular do you not think you are guilty of?
I'm not guilty of being alone in "defending" somebody or have strong connections to somebody. I mentioned other examples and'd like to hear your thoughts on you / marshy; riddle / pierre; mentos / rockin. Those connections are there too but you have yet to make your input on them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Correction to my last post:

I would agree that there seems to be a stronger connection between me and kevin.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Gheb: I have acknowledged your post gheb and you'll hear my reply when I get back. Just quickly though, I was hoping for a wagon on you - but the deadline is getting tighter - it's looking unlikely =(

@Marshy: I wasn't really using those reasons against you btw, they were just my observations coming from outside-in and I can't really see how your recent play has been all that helpful to town imo.
_

Apologies for short post, wanted to ensure further activity. Will post something more when I get back.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy, I do actually realize that I was scummy(I was intentionally doing so at the time), and that Kevin was scummy. What intrigues me, is that you were the only two pushing the idea of me D1, then after saying you planned on pushing me the next day, when I hopped on Kevin, who you two had voted and started a case against him, it was like you both stopped saying anything about me, as if you weren't all that suspicious to begin with. I just don't like how you and Mac have been so connected. Honestly, I would rather lynch Mac because, once again, his tunneling REALLY reminds me of DinoMaf, but seeing as you are a seemingly more likely lynch candidate and I see this connection, I feel it is a well placed vote.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
but you're voting with kevin/pierre. that's a bad sign

from memory i stopped going after you when you joined me/macman hating on kevin because you/kevin were the scummiest players to me. was pretty content with kevin dying

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i already said i wasn't gonna focus on you because you were pushing someone who I had even more suspicions of. Which gives you town points in my book. I was still suspicious of you but I was fine with letting yu slide.

tired of people not looking at **** thats actually scummy.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Nah, Kat's first real post already includes stuff against me. Parrot was surely a stretch - I just like the word.
I asked you prior to his post whether you see a connection between you and kevin, and whether it was scummy to you or not.

I just found that part especially noteworthy because it shows clearly that you try to misconstrue what I did to paint me in a bad light. This is the part that proves my point the best so I tried to emphasise it.
There's this thing that we do in mafia, it's called speculating. I was speculating about whether or not this was the reasoning for your pushing riddle at that particular time. You are not being misconstrued, i pointed this out as a possibility.

What do you think of the other points I brought up? WHere is the "misconstruing"

Here you misconstrue me again. I have not shed suspicion on other players at all. I merely used counterexamples to substantiate the fact that connections don't automatically lead to scum but I have never said "X / Y have no interactions so they are scummy because of Z". That's not what I have said.
What does this have anything to do with my argument. I never said you were scum. Your point about connections not leading to scum is moot because all I was arguing was that there is a clear strongly defined connection between you to. It is also interesting to note that the examples you brought up have nowhere near as strong as a connection between you and Kevin. You might argue that Swords/Sinz and I rival yours, but even that would be short sighted, because all I've been doing was defending them. Where as not only have you been defending kevin, you have been parroting things he says, and sharing the same stances as he.

And no wtf, you did shed suspicion.

"Same for Riddlekat who has done nothing except scapegoating Swords and Cacti (conveniently two of the easier targets) and coasting. How convenient to play for a scumbag."

The previous two responses to your points (in this same post) is already an example of how you do it.
false. I'm not misconstruing you. I linked to those posts you made, and gave people what my impression on these posts were and how they linked you to kevin.

Kat did. My post also was a response to him.
well, just wanna say I think you are scummy because I think Kevin is scum.

I'm not guilty of being alone in "defending" somebody or have strong connections to somebody. I mentioned other examples and'd like to hear your thoughts on you / marshy; riddle / pierre; mentos / rockin. Those connections are there too but you have yet to make your input on them.
Marshy/I:
I've agreed with him on somethings, and I think he is town. Strong connection, I don't believe so, atleast not as strong as Kevin and you.

Riddle/Pierre and Mentos/Rockin:
No clue, I haven't really seen/noticed evidence of this.

Kevin/Cacti:
I agree, same as you to a lesser extent. I think cacti is scummy too.

But we agree on one thing, there does seem to be a strong connection between you and Kevin. Do you think that if Kevin was ever revealed as scum, that it should implicate you as scum as well?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
kevin/mentos/pierre should tell me if they're keeping their votes on me so i can claim

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would be more down for a Mac lynch personally, but I don't know I can get any support for that. So unless I can get support on Mac I'll probly stay on you as out of the two who seem viable I feel this will give me the best leads.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
you find macman scummier than pierre/kat (riddle)/rockin? will you jump on any of their lynches?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also the reason i've been ignoring macman and agreeing with him is because he's obvtown

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, Kat has been contributing more today than either of you, and I feel the biggest problem with Riddle was his inactivity which spread throughout all the games he was in. Rockin I would probably hop on, he's been lurking all game and has had his lowest lately. However, I feel that Mac has been so busy tunneling on Kevin he's stopped thinking about any angle that doesn't involve him, and it stands to potentially hurt us big time tomorrow if he lives and is town, and looks majorly scummy. When that's added to the connection I've noticed between you two, that's what makes me more willing to jump on the wagon that was forming on you.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
However, I feel that Mac has been so busy tunneling on Kevin he's stopped thinking about any angle that doesn't involve him, and it stands to potentially hurt us big time tomorrow if he lives and is town, and looks majorly scummy. When that's added to the connection I've noticed between you two, that's what makes me more willing to jump on the wagon that was forming on you.
how awful. kevin DESERVES to be tunneled and he's lucky the governor is dumb or scum. looking for connections between 2 living players is also overrated

especially when one of them is obvobvobvtown

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
And bleh, raises interesting questions of why the hell Kev is still alive, but I'll be switching votes. Of course, doesn't discount the idea of mafia/town masonry, so meh. Unvote Vote: Macman Sorry man, but even if you flip town it'll be a lot better to go into tomorrow with people who are considering multiple angles, instead of someone who hasn't posted thought of scum that doesn't involve Kevin in any way in over a day. Don't want that kind of tunneling tomorrow either way.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
kevin/mentos for worst **** cop/doc duo of all time btw. usually don't have to consider scumcops and scumdocs on this site

Top Bottom