• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Kevin, if you protect Marshy tonight, then the only way the mafia can kill Marshy is if they roleblock you. If they roleblock you to kill Marshy, then they cannot roleblock Mentosman and he will have another report for us tomorrow no matter what.

Please, please follow that plan. It ensures that Mentosman, if he is lying and is mafia, has to come back with a report and cannot claim roleblocked.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pierre, do NOT try to make night actions predictable. First of all, unless I'm much mistaken, we haven't encountered a roleblocker yet, so I'm not sure why everyone is working on the assumption we have one. Second of all, if you tell the PRs what to do, you give the mafia a lot more information than they should have(and/or set up the play you want to make when you are mafia), thirdly, it's up to the PRs(since they themselves are the only ones they know of as surely town) to make their choice. That's another part of the reason I haven't liked Macman this game, don't make it apply to you too.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Pierre, do NOT try to make night actions predictable. First of all, unless I'm much mistaken, we haven't encountered a roleblocker yet, so I'm not sure why everyone is working on the assumption we have one. Second of all, if you tell the PRs what to do, you give the mafia a lot more information than they should have(and/or set up the play you want to make when you are mafia), thirdly, it's up to the PRs(since they themselves are the only ones they know of as surely town) to make their choice. That's another part of the reason I haven't liked Macman this game, don't make it apply to you too.
This is really just short-sighted on your part.

Do you really not expect there to be a mafia roleblocker? It might be the most common mafia role apart from mafia goon.

There is nothing wrong with the plan I just said. It protects Marshy, our most likely clear. It involves KevinM, who you should naturally be interested in seeing his power in play. And it also requires that you come back with a report.

Is there something you specifically have a problem with, in the plan? And what do you think the mafia can even benefit from, by our organization? Unless you answer with anything more than vague warnings, I'm going to assume you're just continuing to work from a textbook on "do's and dont's" instead of thinking about context.

This must be the third time this game you have told me not to do something because "hey its bad," when I'm perfectly convinced you're wrong.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, a mafia roleblocker is NOT in every game, and in D3 with no evidence whatsoever of one yet, I would say it's not good to plan around it. Second of all, let's say mafia is afraid I may be a sane/insane cop and get a report that tells me this where I could nail them: guess what, if Kevin's for sure protecting Marshy, I'm dead. If we told Kevin to protect me, Marshy could die if town. If mafia feels like it, they could probably find a way to frame someone if they know how the night actions are supposed to lay out. All around, planning out night actions during the day gives mafia a lot to work with, and I'm pretty sure people can figure out for themselves what the best choice of play is.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Actually, a mafia roleblocker is NOT in every game, and in D3 with no evidence whatsoever of one yet, I would say it's not good to plan around it. Second of all, let's say mafia is afraid I may be a sane/insane cop and get a report that tells me this where I could nail them: guess what, if Kevin's for sure protecting Marshy, I'm dead. If we told Kevin to protect me, Marshy could die if town. If mafia feels like it, they could probably find a way to frame someone if they know how the night actions are supposed to lay out. All around, planning out night actions during the day gives mafia a lot to work with, and I'm pretty sure people can figure out for themselves what the best choice of play is.
I never said a roleblocker is in every game. I said they are probably the most common role apart from mafia goon. Which is probably true. I don't have numbers on it, but your saying we shouldn't plan around it is dumb. Why shouldn't we? It doesn't hurt us at all. This argument is dumb.

Second, mafia should be afraid of you no matter what. By killing you at all, your insanity flip will clear KevinM and me. If they kill you, we are cleared. If they kill one of us, the other is cleared and your Night 3 report is comprehendible. Either way, the information is already out there. Plus, you aren't cleared, and you could still be mafia.

I would like you both to live, but if I were forced to choose, I would rather have Marshy alive then you alive. I am convinced that Marshy is cleared by his closed mason claim; I am not convinced of anything by your second cop claim. If Marshy dies, we lose a clear. If you die, we lose your future reports, but we gain clearing information based on your sanity flip. We only lose from a Marshy death, we gain and lose from your death. It should be obvious what the best plan is.

"If mafia feels like it, they could probably frame someone based on our actions" is weak.

I am convinced that Kevin should protect Marshy.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Nothing to say? Are you telling me that you have absolutely nothing to say about the connections I pointed out, Macman vs Kevin, Marshy claiming and Pierre vs Swords? There is a lot to say but all you've been doing was to stall until the last moment and you haven't done shit all game.
I could comment on all of this, but then I'd be half contributing. I need to be able to fully contribute, which means build cases on who I feel is scum or is playing anti-town play. I can't do this if there's honestly no one I can really go after. >>;;

Macman

down for gheb wagon
marshy, pierre, kat, rockin, srb yu with me?
What pierre said.

I'm pretty sure rockin has seen this thread. I hope he is scum.
Please choose, man. If you feel I'm town, that's great. If you feel I'm not, that's also fine too cause I WON'T FEEL LIKE YOU'RE FREAKING FLIP FLOPPING EACH TIME. If you're gonna choose, then choose. It'll help you in the long run instead of going 'scum town scum town scum town town scum scum scum etc.'

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hehe and the assumption we would get anything from my death. Omni flipped town cop. Not town sane cop, not town (other sanity) cop. It seems quite clear to me he is not revealing cop sanity on death. My point is, kevin makes the call. Not you, not Mac, only him. If he feels it's best to protect Marshy, he will. If he feels it's best to protect me, he will. If he is town, it doesn't mean Pierre is. Point of this being it's kevin's call. The one thing I will agree with in terms of protection, no self protection. Goin into LYLO doc's not that important any more, and with suspicion on Kev it's not a good idea to self protect. What he does from there is up to him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rockin i think you are town, I just hope you are scum, since it looks like you'll be today's lynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rockin hurrry up, I have to knock soon and will have to decide whether or not I should put my vote on you. whats taking you so long?

very odd ninja

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
does anyone mind unvoting Rockin so I can vote him. Imma bout to pass out and I am not sure if I'd wake up in time to change my vote before the deadline. And I don't wanna hammer prematurely.

I just want to make sure a lynch goes through.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
He's no longer online. He was watching this thread for two hours after posting without claiming, saying he was going to claim. And then he didn't post.

Just hammer him, please. Its going to happen.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ugh, it's not my **** fault you know.

- mom wanted me to clean up the house

- balancing myself with other sites as well as looking through the pages of this game

and now my mom wants me to do her homework (keep in mind, homework for her job and she's asking me while she cooks). Ugh, it's so time consuming.

In anycase, I'll just say what I can for the moment, cause even WITH the claim, I feel ya would just lynch me due to my uselessness.

I'm Yanni Yogi, Vanilla Townie.

also gov should not be assumed town when he claims
Usually I'd agree, but in a game where the law is flavor, I wouldn't be surprised if the said role comes out town. Remember, it's a pheniox wright game.

Also, I like a bit of Kat's notes. There's some usefulness in there and a bit of it has stuff even I'm slightly noticing.

It's not much (I bet ya are saying 'as usual') but it's all I could grasp atm. As far as ya seeing me for two hour, again, I was balancing with other stuff to do. Even though a time like this is important, I have my own personal stuff to do (mind you, they're not important, but still).

anyway, I have to go back and finish the homework that would take an hour or two. Lynch me if ya want, but that's all I have to say atm.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Vote Count:

Rockin (6) – Cacti, Pierre, KevinM, Gheb, Macman, Marshy

With 10 alive it takes a vote of 6 to lynch!
Deadline is the last second of 12/15 EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey you know, that guy Rockin, he's been a bit suspicious all day"

"yeah! and unhelpful! lets get rid of him"

You all approach Rockin

'You guys wait! I'm Yanni..."

"Not good enough..."

"...Well pals, Looks like I'm making my last stand here!!"

Rockin comes out, and reveals himself not to be the kooky Yanni Yogi, but none other than Detective Dick Gumshoe.

Detective Dick Gumshoe, Mafia Roleblocker . has been lynched !

NIGHT ACTIONS ARE DUE ON THE LAST SECOND OF 12/18

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Requesting votecount please!

Is it just too late to even start something on Gheb guys? Maybe I'm missing something... Rockin looks like a deer in headlights to me lol...Macman what are your thoughts right now?

Marshy I think you've stepped up and rightfully so... can you please clarify to me exactly what happened to Kevin then Day 2 when I wasn't here... who exactly protected Kevin?

I'm looking at the OP and it's all town who are dead so far... Rockin you better be scum. I'll make my vote when the vote count comes through.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The few of you that remain wake up.

"FFFFFFFFF ANOTHER ONE. TURN ON THE TV"

Again, Judge appears.

Ms Vazquez. I figured you'd be showing back up here. Well, let's make this quick, the decision is obvious. Ms Dee Vazquez (Macman), the vanilla townie , is...

DAY 4 BEGINS

With 8 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is the last second of 1/2/10 EST.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
SwordsRbroken
KevinM
Mentosman8

Cacti

Pierre the Scarecrow
Riddle (Kataefi)
Gheb_01

swords takes macman's place as towniest player in this game

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Who wants a massclaim? I support one.

vote pierre
SwordsRbroken
KevinM
Mentosman8

Cacti

Pierre the Scarecrow
Riddle (Kataefi)
Gheb_01

swords takes macman's place as towniest player in this game
1. Why do you think I'm scum after the successful lynch yesterday?

2. How is that list organized?

3. SwordsRbroken is your most town player? How did you come to this conclusion?

At work so can't say much, but guilty on kata last night, relatively confident now that I'm paranoid
Paranoid or insane?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Public information:

Mentosman: Damon Gant, a cop
KevinM: Mimi Mimey, Town Doctor
Marshy: Franziska von Karma, Town Mason
Kataefi: Mr. Sawit, Vanilla Townie
Gheb_01:
Pierre the Scarecrow:
Cacti:
SwordsRbroken:

Sinz: Acro, Vanilla Townie
Macman: Dee Vazquez, Vanilla Townie
Omni: Luke Atmey, Town Cop
Circus: Manfred von Karma, Town Executioner (Mason)
Rockin: Richard Gumshoe, Mafia Roleblocker

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Night 1:
Mentosman investigates KevinM.
KevinM protects self.
Mafia kill Omni.

Night 2:
Mentosman investigates Pierre the Scarecrow.
KevinM protects self.
Mafia kill Circus.

Night 3:
Mentosman investigates Kataefi.
KevinM ???.
Mafia kills Macman.

Mentosman, why did you investigate Kataefi? Why wouldn't you investigate someone you think the mafia is going to kill, to test your sanity?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
So this is interesting... Macman, yesterDay, was on the same train of thought as myself with suspicions on a Gheb/Kev connection. I'm inclined to think his death was caused by one of the two - I'd like to hear what they both have to say!

Top Bottom