• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
more thoughts and critique to come after all role PMs are posted, but:

Day 3 was the pivotal moment in this game. A completely unsuccessful town of 5 vs 5 non-town players.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh ****! I didn't realise Scumfever already revealed it!

Anyways OMG... I've never felt the heat so much from town! I don't know how or what caused me to live as long as I did considering all the things that went on >.>

GG! And good decision Pierre :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also! Pierre... about the start of D6... I lied my *** off - I haven't been to endgame before going solo.

I was trying to create this air of panic and your reaction to it was totally what I didn't expect! Good job leading the day!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kat? we were spose to joint. nice turning that player slot around

think town mayve lost if it wasnt for cactis flavor

why did i get an advantage of mason claim as survivor and swords didnt get anything? next person to put a survivor in their game is getting banned

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Roles

Junglefever said:
http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/Gyakutenprosecutor/2-ani-karma-wag.gif[/IMG

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Circus! You are Manfred von Karma. You were the best prosecutor in the district, having not lost in 40 years. You have escaped prison after being convicted for murdering Gregory Edgeworth and accomplice to the murder of Robert Hammond. You are [color=lime]Town Executioner[/color] . Once during the game, you may IM/PM me if you want a lynch to go through at L/2. You are also in a mason with Marshy, and may talk to them outside the game, but may not reveal your role. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
[/QUOTE]
Circus replaced in and I think he did a fairly good job of doing so. It's unfortunate he had to die so early and not get to use his power. Thanks again for replacing!

[QUOTE=Junglefever][IMG]http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/GyakutenSaiban3/2-2ani-aiga.gif

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Omni! You are Luke Atmey . You are considered the Ace Detective, always tracking down Mask Desmasque. You have escaped prison after being convicted for the murder of Kane Bullard. You are the Town Cop . Each night, you may choose one person, including yourself, to investigate, and you will learn their alignment. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
sane
Again, replaced in late D1, died N1, didn't get to use your power :(. Thanks again for replacing in. The real town cop never got to investigate, something I didn't really forsee happening. You guys were hurting for this early.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Cacti! You are Matt Engarde. You were a star actor in the show The Nickel Samurai. You have escaped prison after being convicted for the hiring of an assassin to kill Juan Corrida. You are Town Star Actor . Once during twilight (24 hours after hammer) you may PM/IM me to stop the lynch. This only works once. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
You managed to save the doc. And the flavor to do so pretty much cleared you. You pretty much rode your claim to endgame, and then you picked up steam finally at the end of D6. With you being cleared you should've played that way the whole game. Congrats.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Sinz! You are Acro. You were an acrobat in the Big Berry Circus. You have escaped prison after being convicted for the murder of Russell Berry. You are a Vanilla Townie . You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Sinz, thanks for playing. I can't tell if this was your first game but you didn't do too bad if it was.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Mentosman8! You are Damon Gant . You were district chief of police. You have escaped prison after being convicted for the murder of Bruce Goodman. You are the Town Cop . Each night, you may choose one person, including yourself, to investigate, and you will learn their alignment. You win when all other factions have been eliminated. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
paranoid
You laid low first day, which I sort of expected. However, in your role PM i explicitly stated that you could investigate yourself. I thought you might try that to test your sanity once, which is why i allowed you to do it. Ah well, you lived long enough to figure it out anyway.

Jungefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Pierre the Scarecrow! You are Dahlia Hawthorne . You broke out of jail after you were convicted for the murder of Doug Swallow. You are the Town Vigilante . One night/day, you may choose to kill someone by PM. The method of killing will be Poison. Take caution in using this kill. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Well played sir. It's always a pleasure watching you play. Solid day kill. Congrats on making it to endgame.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright KevinM! You are Mimi Miney . Under the guise of your sister after a fatal car accident, you took on her face, literally. You broke out of jail after you were convicted for the murder of Doctor Grey. You worked as a nurse before, thus you are the Town Doctor . Every night you can choose someone to save. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Because you act like an airhead and blissfully ignorant. As such, you must post as one. You must say "like" at least every other sentence.
Town doc that protected yourself almost every night. Then you started not to and you died. Lol. Pretty much same old same old from Kev here.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Macman! You are Dee Vazquez, the producer at global studios. You broke out of jail after you were convicted for the murder of Jack Hammer. You are a Vanilla Townie . You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Mac, you were tearin this game up when you were alive, more into any game I've ever seen you in.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright SwordsRbroken! You are Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth, a hardnosed prosecuting attorney. You are an Independent Survivor . You win when one of the other factions have survived and you are alive.You have been given the safe claim of Redd White .
Hmm don't know what to say here. You are getting better, sometiems i think you get caught parroting others and not saying much else.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Marshy! You are Prosecutor Franziska von Karma, a prodigious prosecutor. You are an Independent , and in a mason with The_Truth. You may speak to them outside the game, but not reveal your role. You have the safe claim of Furio Tigre . You win when another faction has won and you are still alive
Arg Marshy. I really f*cked up this role. This probably should've just been another vanilla townie. I really wanted to do a mason that had two different alignments, but I sorta ****ed this one up. You played like your usual self, did pretty well to last as long as you did.

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Rockin! You are Detective Gumshoe, a detective at the precinct. You are known for helping Phoenix Wright gather and discover evidence against criminals. You are the mafia roleblocker , along with Riddle and Gheb_01. You can communicate with them outside the game. Every night, you can choose one person to roleblock. You win when mafia outnumber the town
Poor Rockin felt the heat. Major coasting and a pretty bad case against (uhh i don't remember i think Gheb). Anyway, I hope you had fun :/

Junglefever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Gheb_01! You are Maya Fey, the current master at the Kurain Channelling School, and Phoenix Wright’s legal aid. You are the mafia goon , along with Riddle and Chaco. You can communicate with them outside of the game. You win when you out number the town.
Gheb you also were tearing it up the first few days, doing really well. Something happened/backfired when you were throwin wait against Kat though and you kinda crumbled. Good stuff overall Gheb :).

Scumfever said:

Welcome to the world of Phoenix Wright Kat! You are none other than the imfamous Phoenix Wright! You are a renowned defense attorney known for turning hopeless cases around. You are the mafia godfather , along with Gheb_01 and Chaco. You can communicate with them outside of the game. Every night, you send in a person to kill and who you would like to do it. You win when mafia outnumbers town. You’ve been given the safeclaims for all of the mafia, Yanni Yogi, Godot, Frank Sawhit
Kat omg I'm so glad I asked you to replace into this because you wrecked. You seriously saved your *** and almost pulled out a win. I hope you play more Dgames in the future.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Night Actions

N1
Nightkill: omni
roleblock: KevinM
mentos investigates Kevin: guilty
Omni investigates Marshy: doesnt get anything cuz he died hehehe~
KevinM: Protects himself

T2
Cacti stops KevinM lynch

N2
Mentos investigates Pierre: guilty
Nightkill: Circus
roleblock: KevinM
Kevin: Protects himself

N3
Mentos investigates Kataefi : guilty
Nightkill : Macman
Kevin: Protects Marshy

N4
Kevin Protects Marshy
Nightkill : Kevin
Mentos investigates Cacti: Guilty

N5
Nightkill Marshy

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yeah, I know I did bad/terrible in this game. Not just as scum, but as a player in general. Believe it or not, my mom did distracted me before end game T_T

good stuff Kat. You really did well.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I had a really fun time hosting this game! I hope you all did too! Any feed back and comments are welcome from spectators and players alike.

I plan on running Apollo Justice, the next game in the series as my next game (and where all my sprites came from this game).

I also plan on running a Remix of this taht will be 100% different than this game. Promises.

:D

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I definitely liked the game. First to answer your comment about self-investigating Scumfever, I didn't think there was any reason to do it N1 since I didn't know there was another cop, and by the end of D2, I pretty much believed Kev's claim(that PBPA I did of him was influenced by the guilty, some of the things I said were scummy looking back don't look near as bad) and figured unless I flipped an inno there was no use to the investigations anyway.

I agree with Marshy about his role, he got an advantage that Swords didn't, and I think it should have just been a vanilla role.

Swords, still confused why you decided to counterclaim a day-killing vig, never a good idea XD

Scum did very well this game as a whole I think. Rockin/Gheb lynches came together, but the distancing scum did amongst themselves was very good. Kat, I'm not entirely sure how you got me lynched, but you did a phenomenal job as a whole replacing. Honestly if it weren't for Cacti's flavor clear, the only reason I could have gotten you was my reliance on the fact that Marshy/Pierre/Kevin were town, and that would have been after an early Cacti lynch D5.

The one thing I do want to say is make note of what I said near the end of D5. The one problem I saw from a logistical standpoint in your arguments is you never adjusted with what was said in my defenses. You countered the points against you well, and brought up solid points, but there are points when not responding to the defenses can turn an argument around on you.

Pierre, good stuff man. You're a good player, thought so in newbie 2 and still think so, keep it up

Marshy pretty much rode Circus to endgame, but hey, what else are you gonna do as a survivor? Surprised I didn't catch on because it was eerily similar at points to the way you played HPmafXD

Kevin, good as usual. After your doc claim when I started to trust you I used your opinions to help my own a lot, when I posted D5 that quote of yours, it was one I had already made special note of backing up my scum thoughts when you made it^.^

Mac, the one thing that hurt you this game was your insistence on Kev being mafia. You were playing a good game, just seemed to get hung up there a bit too long. Good stuff though.

To Scumfever: Only things I would suggest is avoid the double-survivor thing, especially giving an advantage to one and none to the other. Other than that, be careful with the flavor. If it weren't for the pseudo flavor-clear of Cacti, I think mafia would have won this game. In future games try to give flavor that fits without giving the town a huge boon like that.

Wow that was a long postXD

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah i realized that the flavor was pretty much game breaking, and i know i couldve done a better job with that.

Thanks mentos :)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Swords

Actually, my guess is that he was skimming and didn't see the other one-shot vig claim. Still fail though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
guys i don't know how kevin didn't flip scum. I suspect that Junglefever switched his alignment mid game!

guys, this was one of the longest small games [pagewise AND the amount of words posted] in swf history. I'm pretty sure our first day was longer than some entire games. Lots of content, which was pretty good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
hey Macman remember that time I told you you tunnel wrong like all game.

Yeah

You want me to not act scummy but every time I opened my mouth you warped it into me seeming like scum.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I was so wrong.

The entire time.

Haha. Well, I learned a lot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
After Omni flipped cop I wanted to bus the living hell out of the godfather to look super credible. The problem was that we still needed Rockin for the 74 other PRs in this game so it was difficult to distance myself from him without putting him in danger.

I think the set-up was in town's favour overall. I also don't like that you use so many PRs but only few Vanillas. What are we supposed to claim if everybody has an easily verifiable PR? Good shiz overall. Could've won this.

:059:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Overall, the game's setup is good, but survivor role is boring, IMO. but as far as the one thing goes, just envision my claiming redd white as this:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
lol-worthy picture, although most people won't get the reference... (That pic is from a free PC game called "I wanna be the guy". The scene itself is in a room from the legend of zelda, with a sword hanging in there, and a message saying "It'll be dangerous, take this". If you try to take the sword, you die, and the game mocks you as shown above.)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Agreed that the game needed more vanilla. Shouldve made swords and probably marshy vanilla (kept mRshy in mason)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, I didn't play this game, but I tried to help balance it at the start, so the two survivor thing is prolly my fault a bit. It started out a bit better with the mason being a survivor and the non-mason being an sk, but then that was too much indy I thought, so we changed them to two survivors for some reason... Marshy probably should have been lovered to his mason buddy, giving him a disadvantage, but I disagree that one of them should have been vanilla'd, let alone both. If anything, mafia gf should have been de-godfathered. What I was trying to go for in helping in balance was an even game with a lot of town powers that could either seriously make or break the game for town (such as govenor and executioner), or help the mafia without being a part of the mafia (paranoid cop and masoned indy). I thought that being specifically told that you could investigate yourself was a pretty good hint that something was up, especially after they would have gotten a guilty on night 1. But anyways, yeah, a bit of a wonky setup, for which I apologize, but I don't apologize for governor or executioner as they fit and make for an interesting play on occasion.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Arg Marshy. I really f*cked up this role. This probably should've just been another vanilla townie. I really wanted to do a mason that had two different alignments, but I sorta ****ed this one up. You played like your usual self, did pretty well to last as long as you did.
i didnt push lynches as much. jerkus was a good mason and was pretty sad i couldnt sheep him anymore btw which showed by getting bored and lurking. i think you shouldve named it neighbor instead of mason though

theres nothing that necissatates an executioner/governor being town-aligned. but gheb if by "verifiable" you mean cactis flavor i agree

glancing at setup it looks reasonably balanced. glad town didnt turn this into epicmafia and let the paranoid cop screw them

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
but gheb if by "verifiable" you mean cactis flavor i agree
I am talking about 2 masons, a one-shot vigilante and the governor. Those claims are easy to verify which can potentially clear 4 people right off the bat.
An executioner can be mafia alligned but what does it matter if he's in a mason?
A mafia governor doesn't make sense and I'm surprised that this idea is tossed around so much. The lynch is the town's strongest tool by far. Removing that option by adding a mafia governor would be flat out broken because that would not only prevent town from getting more info but it basically allows mafia to kill 2 townies in a row while being 100% safe against any lynch. Super-broken in lylo.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
it wud clearly be a gov with one time use
shudda made swords a vt and made marshy, survivor lover. Would have been way more interesting since marshy wud have to keep circus alive

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Way to almost pull out a win there, Kat. Though I'd be lyin' if I said I'm not happy to see town win, even if I was barely in this game. Mostly, I just feel bad for Marshy because he got hella shafted.

Speaking of which, the masonry was fun for the 5 minutes I got to be a part of it. Actually, the first thing that popped into my mind when Jungle sent me the role PM was that Marshy could be scum. For some reason, the lack of Jungle explicitly telling me he was town along with my not being allowed to tell him my role just added up to that in my head. But at the same time, a town/scum mason didn't really seem like something Jungle would do, so I just decided to play as if Marshy were town until he gave me reason to think differently while being careful not to let him lead me around too much. Honestly did not see an indie flip coming at all.

Thanks for making things fun to read, guys. It feels pretty strange that this game is just now ending, considering I remember replacing into this around the time Jungle replaced into Wonderland, and that was, like, ages ago.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also the masons werent confirmed (again shouldve been neighbors. masons generally variant where confirmed ggs to each other) and we couldnt roleclaim to each other

and yeah longass game. allstar/newbie 3/monster island/catastrophe/wonderland/paranoiafia all started after this and ended before. 1400+ posts for 12 people

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah I had a quick look at the first day when I replaced and realised how close it was to never ending.

Thanks Mentos for the pointers... I scrambled a lot in D5. It's a funny read to me now though - I did a lot of damage control at the end of that day.

I tried hard to go against Cacti but his flavour caught me out bigtime - I couldn't find anything reliable to say against it. That and you made some pretty good points too at the end.

Fun game SF! I much prefer being scum than town.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I much prefer being scum than town.
i used to be like this :) i think the more you play you will get even better at being town and then you wont prefer either alignment. at least, i hope so!

kataefi you are so good!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, Kat carried the Mafia a long time after Rockin and me were lynched. You need to stick around in dGames a lot more.

Top Bottom