• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

Clouderz

Smash Ace
I remember star waffle, he had a good pika in the making. Did you keep with it and did you get better?
'

I remember Alphicans, he had a good nothing in the making. Did you keep with it and did you get better at all?

:laugh:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I remember star waffle, he had a good pika in the making. Did you keep with it and did you get better?
whoa someone rememberd me =o

I'm about the same skill wise, I am coming to this because I am pertnering with ewic!

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Phoenix HYPE! Anyone wanna post directions on which bus to take after getting off at Lougheed from skytrain? Also, is there a smashfest beforehand, or are you guys not doing that this time?

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Bowser can avoid dying first always, and ganon's is random, regardless of ports. Just thought I'd point that out.
Can't Bowser only jump out against certain characters? o: A wide selection of the cast last time I checked, but not all. Also, I knew Ganon's wasn't based on ports, but I thought it was based on character size...?

HNG

Smash Journeyman
****it Iconic...you shoulda let me know you were coming, i'd wanna be your partner again..lol, but im with Zezima :3

LFL

Smash Journeyman
so i went to the venue today...
There is a subway, lee's chicken, sushi, and a little cesars pizza right beside the venue. A 7/11 on the other side, and theres another pizza place across the street, and a church's chicken a little further down the road.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Due to a suggestion from AlphaZealot the pot split will be 48/22/14/8/4/4. This will give more people a chance to win money and i think will generate better competition.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
that's gonna be hard to pay out, with all the cents involved. Why not round numbers? 45/20/15/10/5/5 adds tp 100, is more-or-less the same values as above, and requires less math/asking people for change.

Just a suggestion...

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Due to a suggestion from AlphaZealot the pot split will be 48/22/14/8/4/4. This will give more people a chance to win money and i think will generate better competition.
ahah, this is a joke....

right....?

keep it 60/30/10 PLEASE
this isnt a national tournement where 100's of people are coming..
the payout would be stupidly low if you use that payout because theirs maybe only be 30 peole coming..

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
The point isn't so much for a large attendence: It's to promote more competition. There's only a set amount of people who can currently crack the top 3 spots. Clouderz, Brian, and then Ben or maybe Jake. THis is to promote people who can't quite break it to still compete and try.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
The point isn't so much for a large attendence: It's to promote more competition. There's only a set amount of people who can currently crack the top 3 spots. Clouderz, Brian, and then Ben or maybe Jake. THis is to promote people who can't quite break it to still compete and try.
promote more competition? theirs going to be a lot of competition
your just taking money from the top 3 and distributing it towards people that arent good eenough to be top 3, <--- means they need to get better.

i think its stupid but you should ask here before going straight ahead and chaning the payout, some people other than me and evan might not want it.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I prefer the "more people win something" idea. Assuming we have 20 people (number we had at Komodo), there would be a total prize pool of $200.

60/30/10 would give people $120/$60/$20.

48/22/14/8/4/4 would give people $96/$44/$28/$16/$8/$8

(or for rounder numbers, my suggestion of 45/20/15/10/5/5 would be $90/$40/$30/$20/$10/$10)

Either way, I prefer more people winning money than less. It gives people who aren't as good something to play for. Well... at least people seem to prefer it when I spread the prize pool in the Victoria tourneys (10 entrants, 60/30/10 pot split was prefered over 70/30).

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the "more people win something" idea. Assuming we have 20 people (number we had at Komodo), there would be a total prize pool of $200.

(or for rounder numbers, my suggestion of 45/20/15/10/5/5 would be $90/$40/$30/$20/$10/$10)

Either way, I prefer more people winning money than less. It gives people who aren't as good something to play for. Well... at least people seem to prefer it when I spread the prize pool in the Victoria tourneys (10 entrants, 60/30/10 pot split was prefered over 70/30).
i agree with this idea..it does make more sense and the difference in pot winning isnt too much...

Karupin

Smash Journeyman

^
10^'s...

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
i agree

your not winning anything, your only winning back the money that you used to enter..
its pointless and stupid, 60/30/10 , everyone wants this!
well making back your entry money is at least better than nothing...and it is true it helps encourage other players even tho who ever doesn't get top 3 at least doesn't feel like they didn't accomplish much, again i personally think most of us players play this game to have fun and meet new people....i don't really see this game as a way to make money and when it stops being fun then there is no more point in playing...which is prob why i will stop playing soon cause ive been playing smash for a really long time now...and i just don't find it as fun as i use too...i am prob starting to grow out of smash but whatever until i absolutely don't want to play the game anymore...i wont..

breez

Smash Ace
clouderz who cares about the extra couple of people making a few dollars? It means that the people who come in 5-6 get a bit of a reward, because (even though you havent been here) in the last 5+ tournies it has been the same 3 people taking all the money.

I for one don't really give a **** either way.

Otherwise, HNG, i'm sure iconic will go with you :D

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Also Clouderz, if there is 30 people entering, and the pot is 60/30/10, the winner would make $180. If the pot is 48/22/14/8/4/4, the winner will get $144. So the winner is only missing out on $36. Not a very big deal. You can make that up in money matches, I'm sure.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol @ clouderz thinking he's guaranteed 1st place.

HYPE!!!!

48 hours left before I'm planning on wake up to make my way to the mainland!!!
yes
its my amazing trash talk from 5 years of experience
i do it so people try to beat me and MM me
thats what i did at the BC tourney at sfu a couple weeks ago
made like 40$ in MM's:chuckle:

but seriously
bring your A game if you wanna beat me n00bs
trash talk hype!!

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
yes
its my amazing trash talk from 5 years of experience
i do it so people try to beat me and MM me
thats what i did at the BC tourney at sfu a couple weeks ago
made like 40$ in MM's:chuckle:

but seriously
bring your A game if you wanna beat me n00bs
trash talk hype!!

mmm i play with u like i play with mk cpu

IM 100% SURE I M BETTER THAN U

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
o****, lvl 9 cpus are so good tho :[
beat me, you can do it!

mm is because all i know about brawl is playing vs cpu .. yeah i go to tournaments but the torunaments are only like 10-15 players , ALOT of people in mexico hate brawl

mexico is more melee

and yes

i m the only mk who can beat ur mk

no
mm is because all i know about brawl is playing vs cpu .. yeah i go to tournaments but the torunaments are only like 10-15 players , ALOT of people in mexico hate brawl

mexico is more melee

and yes

Clouderz

Smash Ace

mexico is more melee

and yes

ight bro i wish the best of luck to you

Top Bottom