• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

LFL

Smash Journeyman
We watched Flash vs Movie in the OSL finals.

Yes there will be REAL nintendo gc controllers sold at the venue.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
hey guys..i dunno if imma be able to make it to phoenix..im kinda tight on cash right now...and if i do go i prob wont be able to buy me a new controller :( but yea well see what happens...and we shouldn't base the pr from the tourney this time tho...i think bundt, breez and jake should really put alot of effort into it after phoenix...most likely i might be off cause ive just been playing terrible recently...but whatever well see...;) i just play the game for fun and to meet new people anyways... :D...oh and i might be coming to ubc sat...peace
this is gonna be the biggestg brawl tourney in BC, of course their gonna update it...we're not gonna NOT update it because your playing bad..

ill give you a controller for 10$
ya
you better come
i need $$$
:laugh::laugh::chuckle:

hype hype hype

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
if u wanna see him playing check this out its from teamliquids epsiodes called ATTACK when they let scrubs in pubs play the pros for lawls kinda for the fans, but gives you an idea of his reaver strats its unreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdAaauRURrg

LOL nice video wow that's long I will watch that today sometime. (I'm at school right now). xD

Yeah JF was in the TSL semi finals with Mondragon I think, or was it Nony... I forgot, but anyway he almost won the biggest foreigner tournament recently, so he's a freakin beast. Also he's Canadian! Woo!

So yeah IS IT POSSIBLE TO PLAY SOME STARCRAFT AT THE TOURNEY??? If so, I will even pay to enter a tournament if we wanted to do that. Friendlies are also fine of course.

P.S. Flash vs Movie was epic, that game on HeartBreak Ridge was awesome.

Asa

Smash Hero
hey clouderz come to our smashfest on saturday

you can bring melee too

there'll be food

you haven't tried my bread yet

it's ****ing amazing

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
LOL nice video wow that's long I will watch that today sometime. (I'm at school right now). xD

Yeah JF was in the TSL semi finals with Mondragon I think, or was it Nony... I forgot, but anyway he almost won the biggest foreigner tournament recently, so he's a freakin beast. Also he's Canadian! Woo!

So yeah IS IT POSSIBLE TO PLAY SOME STARCRAFT AT THE TOURNEY??? If so, I will even pay to enter a tournament if we wanted to do that. Friendlies are also fine of course.

P.S. Flash vs Movie was epic, that game on HeartBreak Ridge was awesome.
I'll have to reinstall starcraft on my laptop, and will play some games.... ill be really rusty probably. but ill play a couple games, i may be at the tourney tomorrow im real short on cash....and i gotta go to vancouver on the 9th to pick up my girlfriend, and thats going to cost me a bit for the ferry and gas.... but robert offered to help pay for my gas, and hes going to see if anyone else can help... even 5 bucks can make a big difference, that way we can all get a lot of practice before next weeks big tourney. =D also on team liquids website they talk about starcraft beta keys, and if u have any blizzard games go on there website make a blizzard account, put in the games you own, as long as u input 1 blizzard game CD key you can put ur name in for a SC2 beta key

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
hey clouderz come to our smashfest on saturday

you can bring melee too

there'll be food

you haven't tried my bread yet

it's ****ing amazing
it cant be as delicious as your carrots...
we literally had someone we dont know asking for your some of your carrots D:

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

I'll have to reinstall starcraft on my laptop, and will play some games.... ill be really rusty probably. but ill play a couple games, i may be at the tourney tomorrow im real short on cash....and i gotta go to vancouver on the 9th to pick up my girlfriend, and thats going to cost me a bit for the ferry and gas.... but robert offered to help pay for my gas, and hes going to see if anyone else can help... even 5 bucks can make a big difference, that way we can all get a lot of practice before next weeks big tourney. =D also on team liquids website they talk about starcraft beta keys, and if u have any blizzard games go on there website make a blizzard account, put in the games you own, as long as u input 1 blizzard game CD key you can put ur name in for a SC2 beta key

That'd be awesome, and I will give you $10 for gas/whatever. It's the least I can do for not being your dubz partner on March 13th.

For SC, I don't have a laptop so I'm not sure how I'd be able to play, but I do have a USB stick with SC on it and that works on any computer so yeah.

I did apply for a beta key on Blizzard's site a while ago but I thought that was over now that they released the beta, but they are still releasing beta keys?? :o Wow that's awesome, makes me excited. xD

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i'm gonna try to play with my 100% for first time

clouders 5 mm

mk vs mk

or anyone

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
this is gonna be the biggestg brawl tourney in BC, of course their gonna update it...we're not gonna NOT update it because your playing bad..

ill give you a controller for 10$
ya
you better come
i need $$$
:laugh::laugh::chuckle:

hype hype hype
i know i didnt mean to not update it if i lost lol...i said that i might not be on it after pheonix cause i prob wont do as good this tourney....hehe clouderz you little hustler... XD ill MM you in melee!! dont worry im not that good... ill 2 dollar MM in brawl :D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Trevor pointed something out which I completely agree with him...

When a character does a suicide kill (Kirby, DDD, Bowser, Ganon, etc.), and the result ends as a tie, the general rule in most tournaments is that the character that initiated the suicide is considered the winner. In the rules, it says that Bowser and Ganon are considered wins, but everyone else results in a tiebreak. Can we get a rules clarification? As this not only affects people who play these characters, but those who end up playing against that character. Plus, I'm using a suicide character at the tourney, and I'd like to know the ruling before I suicide.

Edit: Evan, I think Jack's also coming to this tourney. Don't think he was going to join brawl, but if no one teams with you, you could always team with him (assuming he doesn't have a partner). TEAM SMASH BROS 64!!!! I'd team with you, but I already have a partner (Trevor, BLUE HADOUKENS!!!!!) :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Trevor pointed something out which I completely agree with him...

When a character does a suicide kill (Kirby, DDD, Bowser, Ganon, etc.), and the result ends as a tie, the general rule in most tournaments is that the character that initiated the suicide is considered the winner. In the rules, it says that Bowser and Ganon are considered wins, but everyone else results in a tiebreak. Can we get a rules clarification? As this not only affects people who play these characters, but those who end up playing against that character. Plus, I'm using a suicide character at the tourney, and I'd like to know the ruling before I suicide.

Edit: Evan, I think Jack's also coming to this tourney. Don't think he was going to join brawl, but if no one teams with you, you could always team with him (assuming he doesn't have a partner). TEAM SMASH BROS 64!!!! I'd team with you, but I already have a partner (Trevor, BLUE HADOUKENS!!!!!) :p
It's 'cuz Kirby and DDD are guaranteed to go to sudden death as long as the other person don't break out at the end, whereas Bowser and Ganon, depending on the controller port situation/character size, can either win or tie, and so to prevent these things from actually being an issue they just give the win to Bowser and Ganon automatically. Wario always loses because he's lower than his opponent while biting them. So basically, Bowser and Ganon are the only ones that get special treatment, getting the win when sometimes they might've instead gotten a sudden death, and everyone else just gets what happens naturally when they suicide.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok, thanks for the clarification. That makes last stock matches vs Kirby/DDD much less scarier now lol.

But yeah, a well-timed breakout results in Kirby/DDD dying first, resulting in a win for the character that broke out.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks for the clarification. That makes last stock matches vs Kirby/DDD much less scarier now lol.

But yeah, a well-timed breakout results in Kirby/DDD dying first, resulting in a win for the character that broke out.
Except DDD falls so fast you won't usually be able to break out in time, and with Kirby if you break out too early he can footstool you and make it back to the ledge 8D So beware!

Clouderz

Smash Ace
omg corbin wtf is up with you and the word shawtay? your not black, your some kind of...mexican? :p

oh, guys, who cares about breakout timing..use mk..

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Bowser can avoid dying first always, and ganon's is random, regardless of ports. Just thought I'd point that out.

Top Bottom