• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 Results - IMPULSE Qualifier - Burnaby, BC - Check OP for Videos!

Drake12

Smash Ace
I faced about 80% of the -2 matchups I could've, I'm pretty sure.
1. Pit wario is -1 pit.
2. I assume you played snake next? A MU that is apparently even.
3. You can't really complain since according to the MU chart pits only -2 MU is MK.
4. It happens, I wouldn't count having 2 -2 MUs bracket screwed.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was just asking what you meant

:phone:
It's a compliment that means "really awesome combos"!

1. Pit wario is -1 pit.
3. You can't really complain since according to the MU chart pits only -2 MU is MK.
Honestly, don't even bother Aaron. He's just believing what he wants to. MK's only -2 for Pit... can't complain. Nope not one bit. :rob: :peach: :zelda:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It means you strung together attacks that really surprised him. It's honestly a good thing, trust me!

Drake12

Smash Ace
Honestly, don't even bother Aaron. He's just believing what he wants to. MK's only -2 for Pit... can't complain. Nope not one bit. :rob: :peach: :zelda:
I'm just trying to understand where he's first getting these -2s from, and just stating that even if you got then then don't ***** about it. -3s and -4s are out there and I don't hear them complaining. (besides me a bit when it comes to mk xD)

Asa

Smash Hero
shoutouts

1. Felix: Gj pulling out first once again! I really am glad that Washington was able to come up for another tournament. Thanks for the money match, I liked when you said "woah, you can instant toss? huh." XD Hope to see you at another phoenix~!

2. KillLock: oh baby. OH BBY. so sexy bro. fo sho. your marth got faster and sexier, shades of Mr.R. Good ****.

3. Alphicans: good job at the tournament. **** your psychic rainbow cruise ban reads tho. and **** gw up-b counter reads. enjoyed housing with you~

4. BigD: Ok so you're BC's hero but you're no 9B get over urself. Good **** at the tourney, ****ing hype *** matches in both the money match and bracket. shoutouts to tripping and halberd. Can't wait to see you improve some more~!

5. Asa: bro you were so hype at the tourney, punching the ground and ****, saying **** and **** in excess at the tourney, complimenting yourself and other players while you play them in bracket, jumping 2 feet in the air rofl.

5. CaptainL: gooby pls D: Good **** bro, you're really learning the olimar matchup, aka not camping and getting the **** in. I'm so happy that our team clicked. Like, unbelievably happy. Seeing our team in action was definitely one of my favorite parts of the tournament. Shoutouts to dthrow -> fsmash tho. Glad I could spend some time getting to know you out of the tournament as well :)

7. JJ : Thank you so much for being a super awesome TO! You put in so much work getting this thing together, and I'm soo grateful. loved hanging out with you, super fun friendlies! shoutouts to olimar usmash oos , wifi snake, and ike being broken

7. Drake: good **** ****** my nooby ness lol XD gotta work on him a bit before i throw him out in money matches rofl. I wish we had played more, but I guess that'll happen at bigger tournies :/ Good job at the tourney too :)

9. Frio: I love olimar dittos, they're so calming XD. Love seeing my favorite chinaman offline~. Against junk i think you should've tried killing with weird moves liek dtilt or white uthrow. Good **** in doubles, really had fun playing you guys.

9. Attila: Thank you for coming out to p7! Had a lot of fun playing you in pools and in doubles on friday. thanks for bringing croi's wii, that took marth trips to the next level lol

9. DTP: Man didn't get to play you a whole lot :/. Fun matches in doubles friendlies and that one or two games we played on friday XD. Good stuff in bracket

9. Kuraudo: Good stuff beating jason in that mm, we were wondering if you were even gonna bother money matching after friday XD but you put in work when the time is right. loved seeing you again.

13. Superboom: didn't really see you except for when you ***** me and gooby in wubbles D: still nice seeing you tho :)

13. Bundtcake: wow i dont think we played at all >____>;; i'm sorry ;_; we hugged tho and that's probably more important :p. Thanks so much for teaming with arcansi

13. Limeee: goddamn jamie, loved your wario in pools. that brinstar game was so sexy. you might have won if you had used wario the whole time instead of derpign with diddy -.- shoutouts to late night doubles and charged smashes.

13. Fiji: Didn't get to play with you either except in doubles :(. Thank you for coming tho!

17. Blue Yoshi: sorry you had some personal problems that prevented you from ****** at this tourney.. put in work next time~. your jiggs is something else tho lol

17. Brnignpyre: thanks a bunch for driving everyone out! your wario looks like it's got some swag now :)

17. Busy: **** i'm really regretting not smoking with you, cuz we never really got to hang after that opportunity.. next time i suppose.

17. Breez: That diddy looks pretty legit for the quality of practice that you've given it. GET OUT OF HERE tho . Double diddy is kinda dumb. Shoutouts to ness never dying

17. IrisZ: My boi irisZ! really nice to see you oflfine man! Love your link, it's got cute tricks and ****. Keep up the work, you're defintiely gonna improve with your attitude :) hope to see you at more tournies, in the meantime back to the wifi lab!

17. Jason: Thanks so much for housing us, your mom makes super legit meals. I really liked meeting you in person, you're cool~ shoutouts to your shotout post.

17. Arcansi: Good to see you again, ya we really needed to play more but alas, :/ . You've defintiely gotten better tho, back to the wifi lab ;)

17. -H- : THANK GOD YOU CAME OMFG. i was about to cry XD. Really fun matches we had, shoutouts to powershielding. Hope to see you at more tournies and on wifi :)

1. Kantrip: Didn't really play you at all :/ but good **** at amateur bracket :)

2. Sinister: YES MY SALT HAS BEEN CLEANSED FROM MY PALETTE, 1 YEAR OF SALT DO YOU KNOW HOW SALTY 1 YEARS WORTH OF SALT IS? HELLA SALTY . anyway loved seeing you again :) if i come to van over the summer we're gonna play a lot~!

3. Crisis: Didn't get to play you either :/ but keep at it bro :D like i said when i come to van i'll make sure i get with you!

4. Neebee: thanks for coming out! my zelda tho ;P hope you had fun and hope you come to more tournies :) in the meantime wifiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

5. SKidd: SHoutouts to anal sex and fapping in the car.

7. Aleate: Coras, router, peach looking swag, BEST DRESSED

Gentlerain: thank you for coming, even tho it wasn't for much time :( back to wifi i guess!

Junk: sorry about pools yo, have fun in japan!

Starwaffle: your pika is getting better bro, keep it up :) get those cgs down!

Grape: enjoyed late night doubles and chilling with you afterwards~

| Big D |

Smash Master
In other words Neebs, you connect stuff with hitboxes that I had no idea could possible link.

But if you take every 2nd and third letter...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
1. Pit wario is -1 pit.
Wow, someone told me that my -2's were snake marth G&W and I believed them, but according to no chart does it say so.

However, Snake//Marth make complete sense as -2 matchups. You really don't have any answer for them, and snake walking up and utilting at a good range is hard to punish, because you dont have a ftilt.

They aren't -2's on the chart, this is true.

But they are characters where every time you even get in to hit them with anything that isn't an arrow your blessed, and your kill moves are few and far between.

They probably should be -2, imo. The people I've talked to about it have no real advice, I mean, what is pit supposed to do against marth? Shoot arrows, and hope for bair kills.

So yeah, that's how it is.

EDIT: Also, if we assume they are -2, I was counting pools too. I had 2 more -2's there, for 4/5 matches being -2.

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
lol omg arcansi. snake and marth aren't -2 at all. i played pit for a long while and i can tell you that there are tons of things pit has for options in that MU. pit is more than just an aroow spammer (it plays a big part though). snake has to approuch any good pit even without arrows. also with marth i guess it depends on the player. its even unless your against jack <3. i hear you were just arrow spamming and spot dodging/spamming smashes the whole time, thats like the worst thing you can do in those match ups XD

:phone:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
lol omg arcansi. snake and marth aren't -2 at all. i played pit for a long while and i can tell you that there are tons of things pit has for options in that MU. pit is more than just an aroow spammer (it plays a big part though). snake has to approuch any good pit even without arrows. also with marth i guess it depends on the player. its even unless your against jack <3. i hear you were just arrow spamming and spot dodging/spamming smashes the whole time, thats like the worst thing you can do in those match ups XD
What options are you talking about?

As far as I can tell, once they're in you you need a hard read to be able to do anything, while they can throw out moves and be safe.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Let me guess, snake ftilted/utilted your shield and you didn't punish?
I currently have no idea how to punish, assuming it's done at a good range. I know you can grab if he does it badly or you perfect shield it, but neither of those happen often.

I MIGHT be able to Angel Ring, but I'll just get hit by another ftilt during the lag, most likely.

How should I be punishing it?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I currently have no idea how to punish, assuming it's done at a good range. I know you can grab if he does it badly or you perfect shield it, but neither of those happen often.

I MIGHT be able to Angel Ring, but I'll just get hit by another ftilt during the lag, most likely.

How should I be punishing it?
Does it badly? Both moves are bad on shield... If pika can dash grab both, pit can grab it for sure.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Well Arcansi, it's good to know that you got bracket screwed based off of your opinion of what a matchup should be, and on top of that that your opinion of a matchup weighs more then the snake pit community.

Man, thanks for opening my eyes, I got bracket screwed too! Although the MU against sonic is +1 I don't know how to fight him properly. He beat me and I wasn't sure what to do, so it must be -2 or -3. -_-

Frio

Smash Champion
I got screwed by the bracket too. Wtf do I do against olimar? I can toss my **** but he tosses **** too. Must be a -2 match up

Drake12

Smash Ace
Attila played a -2 MU being wario and a -3 being olimar in pools. I guess his tournament experience was just as rigged as yours. Not to mention that they are actual -2 and -3s
I think Arcansi needs a hug to make him feel better about the tourny guys :D *swf hug*

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Croi can CG, he just doesn't cuz he's from N.S. and is a bro. The Lime could do it, so could Busy.

But yeah, I played one positive (Zelda) and one neutral (ROB) over pools and barket.

I'll do shoutouts at some point, but not to Felix. *snootyface*

| Big D |

Smash Master
You see I totally would but I probably won't even have a Snake in a couple months, 100% ICs.

Plus I don't have the funds, totally down for 5$ though + some other mms at P8.

You will have to forgive me if I don't share your opinion on the MU, before entering brawl this was my most played mu : p

Edit: BC has the most techskill.

We got nana locks

We got laser locks

We got quick attack locks

We got bair locks (ft. 1337snipes)

We got tire locks

We got all the locks

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Just got my internet back. Had to move the day after I got back. I hurt.
Haven't read through the thread yet, but I figured I post my shoutouts first since they're late.

Pro Bracket (click for the bracket)
1: Felix ($192.50) Good **** in singles and doubles. Fun pool matches lol

2: KillLock ($87.50) My boy! Almost took the whole thing. So proud lol You keep improving man.

3: Alphicans ($52.50) Good stuff Luke. Seeing you and Jack Rep AB pleases me. Keep it up.

4: Big D ($17.50) Still haven't played you. Saw a couple matches of your ICs and holy ****. They look really solid and 4th place proves that.

5: Asa ($10) Good stuff Asa. Fun friendlies.

5: Captain L ($10) I think I only played you briefly in doubles friendlies. I can't remember, but nice placing.

7: Firefly Jake! Excellent tourney. It was run and coordinated really well. Yoshi is still legit as ever

7: Drake Oh man, still a liiiiittle salty about my lose to you. But you ultimately deserved it. Trolling you in the 2nd game made this my favorite set of the tourney though lololol

9: Frio AB! You played so well this entire tourney. It was good to see. We didd't choke as much as last Phoenix, which is cool xD

9: Attila That DK. If I met you in bracket/pools you would've destroyed me.

9: DTP

9: Kuraudo Awesome teaming with ya again bud. Good **** in singles too. If only we went a bit farther in bracket haha Close games for all of us with our opponents. And thx for driving us down!

13: Applebloom (SuPeRbOoM) Still surprised you entered singles. Good stuff in dubs as usual haha

13: Bundtcake ROB too good. I think next time I will put up a better fight lmao
Best person to have friendlies with imo

13: Lime It was awesome to see you roadtrip it down with the rest of us. Good stuff Jaime. Team next tourney?

13: Fiji Sucks MK was banned, but you still outplaced a bunch with just secondaries. Legit. Awesome roadtriping it down with ya.

17: Blue Yoshi Like we agreed before, awkward set. I should've lost and was confident I was going to. I forget what even happened lol Good games though =)

17: Brningpyre Yeeeaahhh! Your wario keeps getting better. It was nice to see you make it out of pools. gj. Thanks for streaming too lol

17: Busy ggs man. Thought I would lose to you for sure. You should've went with IC's again though. Going GW surprised me

17: Breez haha still wish we beat you in dubs but oh well lol ggs =)

17: Irisz Don't think we played.

17: Jason Fun friendlies man. Awesome ROB.

17: Arcansi Only played you in Dubs, but you're Pit looked alright from what I saw in MMs

17: -H- Don't think I played you. But I heard you almost took out Kuraudo. Good ****

Amateur Bracket (click for the bracket)
1: Kantrip ($10) Don't think I played you
2: Sinister Don't think I played you
3: Crisis Don't think I played you
4: NeeBee Don't think I played you
5: Pez Good stuff in Pools man =)
5: SKidd Oh god, SKidd.... You know, If I lost to you in Pools I wouldn't have made bracket lol You're too good with that Mario. I didn't know what to do xD You'll get me next time I'm sure
Almost had meee. I was scared.
7: Aleate Holy, peach. If you keep playing people regularly and figure what works and what doesn't you could potentially cause some upsets. Very technical and fast. Faster than me with some things. Awesome Zelda as well
7: Scorch Don't think I played you, but I heard your Mario was legit!
9: ganonlink You entered singles? lol Fun roadtriping it down with ya

EDIT: Oh crap, and ultimate thanks to Starwaffle for housing AB carpool #2! Wish BC+AB coulv've hung out after tourney or the next day, but it was late and everyone was tired..... That and we had to drive back the next morning lol
PHoenix 7 was awesome

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Well Arcansi, it's good to know that you got bracket screwed based off of your opinion of what a matchup should be, and on top of that that your opinion of a matchup weighs more then the snake pit community.

Man, thanks for opening my eyes, I got bracket screwed too! Although the MU against sonic is +1 I don't know how to fight him properly. He beat me and I wasn't sure what to do, so it must be -2 or -3. -_-
I can't take this as a joke, so idk what to say.

Although I was originally going off what I was told, so the matches probably are what the boards say they are.

Does it badly? Both moves are bad on shield... If pika can dash grab both, pit can grab it for sure.
As in doesn't space it correctly.

It's quite possible that I'm not doing something correctly, I would test but I have no way of doing so

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
why do you double post with fluttershy all the time?

I forgot to thank Captain L for housing us, it was fun playing you in 64(still trying to figure out how to play against fox X.X) and your skills with the wiimote+nunchuk is legit.

also shout out to Grape for putting up with us in the car lol.

Jack- you did super awesome in the tourney and I dont think I will ever catch up to your level with how fast you are improving, had some pretty awesome chats in the car as well lol

Dan- Mah bro! I would have loved to see you actually try in a tourney for once. you have so much skill, sucks that your leaving AB </3

Kuroudo- my favourite sonic main, you beasted your way through the tournament and had such determination. I wish my sonic was half as good. sorry about my car pool giving you a hard time. DO IT TO IT big guy!

Jamie- you should have placed higher T.T. also I should stop hanging around you,my personality seems to be rubbing off on you lol

Keith- TEAM! Im sorry for dragging us down, but I had fun on the trip regardless, talking about anime and games all day in the car lol

Drake- I had fun doing friendlies with you. your rob too good

Im too lazy to remember anybody else right now, I will just edit my post if I think of something X.X

KillLock

Smash Lord
You see I totally would but I probably won't even have a Snake in a couple months, 100% ICs.

Plus I don't have the funds, totally down for 5$ though + some other mms at P8.

You will have to forgive me if I don't share your opinion on the MU, before entering brawl this was my most played mu : p

Edit: BC has the most techskill.

We got nana locks

We got laser locks

We got quick attack locks

We got bair locks (ft. 1337snipes)

We got tire locks

We got all the locks
>P8

naw man BC has to come to AB next time ;)

Top Bottom