• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 8 - May 1st - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo, 2nd = Dphat, 3rd = D4bag

OverLade

Smash Hero
Did ya have some dust in yo eyes? this is clearly the results.

1: Dojo - :metaknight: / :metaknight:
2: Dphat - :metaknight:
3: D4bag - :metaknight:
4: Melee1 - :metaknight:
5: Van Jones - :metaknight:
5: UTDZac - :metaknight:
7: Denti - :metaknight:
7: FK - :metaknight:
But look! Dojo went DOUBLE MK. See? We have metagame diversity. If double MK outplaces regular MK, then all the other MKs just need to get better since double MK clearly isn't as good as regular MK. ****in scrubs.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Lmao@ Chrome pirate ;D

Bat country ftw.

To answer anyone who asked, yeah I'm switching to snake atm.

Fun tourney, need more mu exp lol

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
But look! Dojo went DOUBLE MK. See? We have metagame diversity. If double MK outplaces regular MK, then all the other MKs just need to get better since double MK clearly isn't as good as regular MK. ****in scrubs.
so you are saying that

:metaknight:/:metaknight: is better than :metaknight:?

I think M2K is a :metaknight::metaknight::metaknight: level while most mks are level

:metaknight::metaknight: which is weird... I think the MetaKnightGame is actually evolving very fast.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
FYI to everyone, I used ALL LINK in SINGLES, but I used MK (and Link) for DOUBLES ONLY. My Link got me 9th, not my Meta Knight. Asked everyone I played in singles bracket.

Shoutouts later.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Ive played him at phase 7. I have no doubt hes 2nd best link ive played but first? Legan is WAY above the rest. I kid you not.
I agree. Legan has more experience and very quick on his feet, but I know I'm getting better every tourney I go to. I gotta start playing with the top players more. =) Xyro, we should mm again at HOBO 24. The last time was at phase 2, and that was months ago. At phase 7, you played me in low tier doubles, but not in singles.

Denti - We should have had that match against Ice and Melee1, but it was fun teaming with you. Prolimar <3.

UTD Zac - Glad to see you enter singles again. I've still yet to be 9'd by you. =P

Slaps - That match was intense. I thank MLG for making Norfair legal... and Brett for Ike exp. lol After that match, it would've been too much to do a mm afterward. Next time, you'll have a chance at revenge. =)

chic - lol at us playing on the same stages we played in our mm in tournament.

Melee1 - GGs. We need to play more. =) I need ICs exp. too.

Dojo - Dang. Whenever I play your chars other than mk, it's so different. Like for instance, playing your olimar is different than playing Denti's olimar.

Dphat - We need to play more. That is all.

Fogo - How did that dolla I won for you feel in the palm of your hands? =)

Awestin - I didn't get to play you at all. =( Next time.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT OUTS!

fogo- good luck with snake. GGs in tourny though. I dont know how denti 2 stocks u @_@ and thanx for startn that bet with aero link and slaps, that won my a dollar :p

kovu- lets team and **** **** vs double MK teams :D lol

denti- we need friendlys! I love oli diddos :D

Dojo- i also want friendlys with ur oli :p and to get ***** by ur MK :D

awestin- ur ICs are gay >.> ur ness is cool :p

slaps- no friendlys this time :/

FK- raaaaaaaape @_@

ASLM- i needs to play ur link sometime. iv only played ur MK :/ and thanx for winiing me that dollar

brett- also no friendlys this time :/

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
i hate olimar, flat out explains it echo XD... <3 lol

I was out of money anyway ALSM XD i brought like $18 and spent $15 on entry and then $2.50 on drinks from vending machine XD

Denti

Smash Master
I'll learn the MK MU even better if that's what it takes...
I can't let myself get shamed again 0.o I practiced so hard and long to make sure i knew every MU great. Too bad all I needed to do was excel at was the MK MU. Honestly I thought I was going to place higher. I'll be ready when Denton holds it's next tournament. you can count on it guys, I'll train even harder... idk why but this tournament gave me a feeling like I have a heavy burden to overcome. I just need more and more practice.

chic

Smash Ace
ggs alsm. my rust def showed :( you live in fort worth right? we should practice

sorry i didnt mm you denti... after playing a couple of matches i realized i would jsut be giving away money i had gotten so bad

Dojo

Smash Champion
Dphat - Good stuff D. You get better everytime I see you. We'll do what I said when you get to houston. xD Don't do that thing I told you about ***et. Don't tell a soul either. The world's not ready for it yet. I'm saving that **** for MLG.

D4bag - You too bro. Keep that **** up.

Melee1 - Fun matches. Pictochat was intense. xD

Van Jones - Gotta focus come tourney time fool. You'll get it it. I know I was supposed to help you out too. We'll both get that **** next time.

UTDZac - You gay. :] Ily. It was fun as always.

Denti - Good stuff. Just realize they're not beating you because of MK. They're beating you because they're better players. They have been proven to be some of the best players in our state. This game is a lot more than just matchups.

FK - Teach me Zero Suit. That combo you and Fogo did.... xD

ALSM - Fun friendlies. Like my Oli? xD Your Link is something else.

Foursaken - **** fool jacking my name. Was good seeing you again. See you next phase. :]

Echo - We'll get some in next time. Just ask sometime before tourney.

Take - Fun matches. :] Just stop approaching so much. Makes things alot easier.

Shuzaku - Touch my bellybutton fool.

Mumble - You did amazing this weekend. It's time to really get down to work. You'll do even better next time.

Fogo - Haha fun times as always man. I love chillin with you. I can never stop laughing. We'll get some more games in next time.

Bwett - Billeh. Good times. <3

I had alot of fun. Hopefully I'll be ready for MLG. We'll see in a month.

I have one very special shoutout to Mr. Keith Garmond. :)

Get. *****.

Denti

Smash Master
Denti - Good stuff. Just realize they're not beating you because of MK. They're beating you because they're better players. They have been proven to be some of the best players in our state. This game is a lot more than just matchups.
I respect that logic I really do, but when i 2 stocked fogo, 7th in texas. Does that mean I'm really that much better than him? Or do i just play olimar who is ADV?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Denti do not believe this BS. This game is MOSTLY about MUs. U lost because of mk, plain and simple.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Xyro stfu bro. That's why at Poly Shadow beat dabuz 2-1. Then (a week or two later) at FYS Dabuz beat Shadow 3-2, then 3-0.

OLIMAR VS META KNIGHT

He simply trained up and learned the M.U

Xyro77

Xyro stfu bro. That's why at Poly Shadow beat dabuz 2-1. Then (a week or two later) at FYS Dabuz beat Shadow 3-2, then 3-0.

OLIMAR VS META KNIGHT

Have him play a REAL mk like dojo or m2k and then come say that. No matter what you people say/think/do....mk will ALWAYS end up winning. You dont just TRAIN and learn the MU, mk STILL comes back and ends up winning....ALWAYS. You would think after 2 years that SOME ONE would be a mk slayer....yea it aint happened yet.

also, just like the typical anti ban, you bring up ONE instance to prove your point where i can bring on 86.9 trillion examples to crush yours. you anti ban kids are ********.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Have him play a REAL mk like dojo or m2k and then come say that. No matter what you people say/think/do....mk will ALWAYS end up winning. its been proven time and time again.
Oh so Shadow isn't a real MK?

lololol

uStupid

nuffsed.

EDIT - Why did you even bring up the MK ban sides? I really don't ****ing care about Meta Knights ban or not. Im just pointing out what you said was just straight up dumb.

But keep *****ing about MK, **** aint changing bro. lololololol

Might as well pick up MK yourself, maybe you'll get some $$$.

Xyro77

EDIT - Why did you even bring up the MK ban sides? I really don't ****ing care about Meta Knights ban or not. Im just pointing out what you said was just straight up dumb.

But keep *****ing about MK, **** aint changing bro. lololololol

Might as well pick up MK yourself, maybe you'll get some $$$.
nah im good. i win money without him.

Denti

Smash Master
I'm not saying they didn't make hard reads or anything.. because they are great players, just MK is my hardest obsticle and my bracket had 4 MKs out of 5 players.

It's honestly how gay the MK is willing to play.. spamming nado and down smash just right will beat olimar :( but then again, i'm not a fan of saying I can't to an obcsticle, i'll learn this MU better than you will think.. i'll aim to be the MK slayer, I will

Xyro77

I'm not saying they didn't make hard reads or anything.. because they are great players, just MK is my hardest obsticle and my bracket had 4 MKs out of 5 players.

It's honestly how gay the MK is willing to play.. spamming nado and down smash just right will beat olimar :( but then again, i'm not a fan of saying I can't to an obcsticle, i'll learn this MU better than you will think.. i'll aim to be the MK slayer, I will
Sorry buddy but thats not happening. it hasnt happened yet and never will.

BTW if you're so l33tBANMK!

Host those MK banned tournaments.

They are a great success!
You are right, they did increase my turnout. The only thing holding me back is mlg. ill figure it out, mk doesnt both me at all. i dont really care about or enter singles anymore.

Gnes

Smash Master

OLIMAR VS META KNIGHT

Anti's got a point xyro. Yeah matchups do determine some points...but not all of them.

@Dojo...yal serious...hmmm...i guess...

Denti

Smash Master
No moar argueing guys >.< It makes me look like I'm just complaining to complain, I'll learn this hard MU, I'll consult with dabuz and other olimars, i'll make a thread dedicated to slaying MK. I can do this

Xyro77

Anti's got a point xyro. Yeah matchups do determine some points...but not all of them.

@Dojo...yal serious...hmmm...i guess...
He has a point? He has shown ONE example that fits his anti ban agenda while i can literally provide infinite amounts of data to prove otherwise.

Denti

Smash Master
Mk can be beaten, just each MK can play a very very differently style. It's knowing the MK MU, on top of adapting to their playstyle. Guys i'll learn this MK MU hard, trust me, these results won't happen again, i'm already hard at work. You gota get beaten before you can improve..

Xyro77

Mk can be beaten, just each MK can play a very very differently style. It's knowing the MK MU, on top of adapting to their playstyle. Guys i'll learn this MK MU hard, trust me, these results won't happen again, i'm already hard at work.
of course he can be beaten there isnt a character in ANY fighting game that cant be beaten.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I've heard how Xyro is hardheaded, The people who tell me so didn't lie.

But w/e.

Have fun learning the M.U Denti!

And good **** for understanding what i meant G, wifi laterr.

Denti

Smash Master
I'ts guna be hell, but i've overcome every other hard MU olimar has and developed a fighting style for olimar advantage, revolutionary.. MK is just another one of those MUs i'll have to do the same to, just nado and shuttle loop are scary as **** rofl

Gnes

Smash Master
He has a point? He has shown ONE example that fits his anti ban agenda while i can literally provide infinite amounts of data to prove otherwise.
Alan u know my personal feelings on the mk.

thats all...

of course anti...ill be home in about 2 hours...gotta get that good anti mk practice in before hobo

Dojo

Smash Champion
Nado isn't really that hard to handle. I played a few matches of Oli vs Dphat and the only thing he could do is grab me and throw me offstage. You can punish dsmash, nado, and shuttle loop pretty easily if you know what you're doing.

Allan stop derailing the thread please. We've already gone over this **** too many times. Ban MK in Houston and shut up. It's not like your best player can go to MLG anyways. :\

Gnes

Smash Master
Nado isn't really that hard to handle. I played a few matches of Oli vs Dphat and the only thing he could do is grab me and throw me offstage. You can punish dsmash, nado, and shuttle loop pretty easily if you know what you're doing.

Allan stop derailing the thread please. We've already gone over this **** too many times. Ban MK in Houston and shut up. It's not like your best player can go to MLG anyways. :\
Yes he can kekekeke

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I texted that kid and told him to start practicing with a GC controller months ago he better ****ing be able to go to mlg dallas lol.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
@slaps- i hate ike :p <3

@dojo- il ask for friendlys before HOBO :)

@denti- im with ya! i wanna have the MK MU down and at some point and be able to go head to head with MKs such as our very own dojo. I need to talk to u about MUs, those are my weakness, that and stage CPs >.>

Top Bottom