• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 8 - May 1st - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo, 2nd = Dphat, 3rd = D4bag

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
When you make an effort to start traveling to 2 or more tourneys a month and put in multiple hours of practice for months at a time then you'll see better results. This is what they've done to get where they are.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love playing MK's. Makes me sad I missed this tournament.

And yes, characters who do well against the best character in the game are also good characters...who would have thought?

People just like to complain. These results were expected because these players are ranked. The fact that they main MK doesn't have much to do with it, they are good players. It's not like a bunch of random people playing mk placed, it's our ranked players placing.

If gnes/Razer/DMG/etc were there you would see different results obviously. You guys should be praising dallas haha mk practice is the best practice you can get :).

Denti

Smash Master
btw, thank you zori and morning star. :D you guys are the best!

shout outs time? hell yea

alsm - man, your such a good player. If you didn't main link and focused on someone else who was a good character, you'd be top. seriously. :D i'm looking forward to playing at your smashfest. Love the fortworth scene. great link

melee1 I had a GREAT time. I was so glad we chilled before the tournament. great ****, were both going to improve drastically always, we'll place top 3 next time for sure.

slaps - **** i saw that match, link was a ****ing terrorist with his bombs on FD. XD

fogo - thx for fixing my controller, those **** ICs made me break my stick trying to get out of CG XD sorry for camping you so hard in tourney

brett - thx for your compliment :D let me know when there is UNT smash and i'll be there.

kovu - I see your improvement from when i first met you a month ago, keep it up.

metaknight mains - I'm not mad at your guys as people, just mad at your character. no hate plz :D

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Why don't you start banning Metaknights again? Afraid of low turnouts?
Actually, my turnout improved when i banned him.

I COULD ban him again but at my current ruleset mk is a slightly weakened right off the bat(cept for stages). LGL are only on him. Stage gliding is only on him. If hes caught breaking the rule once, he loses the SET. This type of rule set more or less insures that mks play fair or at least play a little less gay. Because of all these rules and stuff, i have next to no mks go to my events.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
how am i supposed to train? I am not allowed out of town pretty much, Whobo is the only time parents let me go and even then they have to drive me.. Wifi is all i got, I mean i guess smashfests but every smashfest is over an hour away from me and parents don't want to drive me out or pick me up. Don't say carpool because parents don't trust any driver that is either younger than 30 or they don't know... They haven't really cared so much about being driven around by other players anymore but long distances with "strangers" will not happen =\

I know I am better than these results show, I felt as though this whole tourney was a smashfest and most the matches seemed very sandbaggy, I know I am better but just had an off night (Johns :p) lol. Next tourney I wanna get games in with all top ranked players I can.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Eh, shout out time I guess.

Dphat - Not gonna lie, at first I was intimidated, but I surprised myself on the first stock of Smashville. Should have kept up the grenade pressure. Very cool guy, see you at HOBO.

Eli - It was good playing you again for the first time since Animefest, hope to see you soon.

False - I can tell you are very new to the game, keep working at it and you'll be great in no time.

Shuz - I play alot of Wolf's, but I wasn't ready for yours. XD

Zac - It's just so fun watching you play, lol.

Slaps - Friendlies with you are just stupidly fun.

Mumble - **** good Marth.

Denti - Too good.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ALSM has improved quite a bit since the last time you probably played him.
Ive played him at phase 7. I have no doubt hes 2nd best link ive played but first? Legan is WAY above the rest. I kid you not.

Trela

Smash Lord
I just noticed something.....

Something that is important to many of the players in this Brawl Community.....

.....Zac has a Shuckle as his Avatar.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I want to go to Phases anymore, even if Xyro can go. I'll think about it.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Wtf...

Anybody who was at a higher level played MK here. It was worse at Whobo. Instead of D4ba and Melee1 you had M2K/Atomsk/Lee on top of the rest of us and the results weren't this bad. It was simply because no Razer/Gnes/DMG/Roy/etc who actually beat those MK's.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wtf...

Anybody who was at a higher level played MK here. It was worse at Whobo. Instead of D4ba and Melee1 you had M2K/Atomsk/Lee on top of the rest of us and the results weren't this bad. It was simply because no Razer/Gnes/DMG/Roy/etc who actually beat those MK's.
Here's a great pro ban arguement...

1: Dojo - :metaknight:
2: Dphat - :metaknight:
3: D4bag - :metaknight:
4: Melee1 - :metaknight:
5: Van Jones - :metaknight:
5: UTDZac - :metaknight:
7: Denti - :olimar:
7: FK - :zerosuitsamus:

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Here's a great pro ban arguement...

1: Dojo - :metaknight:
7: Denti - :olimar:
7: FK - :zerosuitsamus:

Did ya have some dust in yo eyes? this is clearly the results.

1: Dojo - :metaknight: / :metaknight:
7: Denti - :metaknight:
7: FK - :metaknight:
Lol red/ally stop trolling

Good shiz ****** dojo...
we aren't...

Also usually EC has 3-4 A's in top 4.