• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
a few things. First: Yes I am not a fan of the ness MU since we can spam jolts and getting bthrowed kinda sucked lol. It is nice to see that we can avoid that more now, hopefully it proves to be easier than I imagine it....I really hate how broken that bthrow is lol.

Second: WOLF HYPE. If wolf comes out i promise i will alt/co main him for certain. Been wanting him back since smash 4 ousted him.

Soul.

Isn't he vulnerable in the air, like I don't think he has any landing options at all so we might as well overrate uair in this MU lol.

I voted for Wolf the moment they announced the ballot haha, then Squirtle and Ivysaur because they were fun af in Brawl.
yes i love veteran characters.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
well i know ness' nair comes out fast and autocancels quickly too, plus fair I THINK autocancels quickly too. But yea, getting under him and abusing uair is def the best option. Overall ness on the ground is subpar, we def want to play that MU mostly on the ground spacing dtilt and abusing our speed, we def dont want to tango with ness in the air unless we can get under him. Its just scary because we want to be on the ground most of the time, but then he can just pkbtrhow us lol.

also hype, glad to hear you voted for the wolf army.

Soul.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of people have voted for them to be in. Nobody wanting them in would be because Splatoon is new and yadda yadda yadda. don't worry though they'll probably end up being in or something.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I voted for Spyro! I tried...

The fact that no new Spyro came out with Superchargers makes me uncertain of his future. :urg:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
As long as wolf gets in I am ok with anyone. Spiro, Inklink, Goron, Buck Bumble, Kefka idc. Bring on the dlc (as long as wolf is in it)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Was spyro not the whole skylanders mascot or w/e?
He has been and still is. But for whatever reason, the leader of the Skylanders is not in the latest video game. He's still very relevant in the books and other media, but he's not in the most important thing--the new video game.
This could either mean they're delaying a new figure's release in order to bring something big (like a Skylander/Amiibo hybrid), or they're just discarding him from the games because reasons.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
He has been and still is. But for whatever reason, the leader of the Skylanders is not in the latest video game. He's still very relevant in the books and other media, but he's not in the most important thing--the new video game.
This could either mean they're delaying a new figure's release in order to bring something big (like a Skylander/Amiibo hybrid), or they're just discarding him from the games because reasons.
Wait, Wait did you say books and other media? How far does skylanders go rofl. I just thought of it as a game that rips parents off.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
skylanders is ubiquitous. There is most likely a cereal at this point.

also, is there a skype group? id like to join it if so. someone should add me: Skype is Latiaslulu

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I almost forgot about K. Rool as a DLC character lmao omg.
He's finally here and about time to
And this time, he's playable to
He's quick and nimble when he needs to be, He can throw his crown if you press side b
If you choose him, you've probably chose wrong
With a skip and a hop, he's one..cool..cos..TUME.

sing it with dk rap, its better this way

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
He's finally here and about time to
And this time, he's playable to
He's quick and nimble when he needs to be, He can throw his crown if you press side b
If you choose him, you've probably chose wrong
With a skip and a hop, he's one..cool..cos..TUME.

sing it with dk rap, its better this way
I just automatically thought of dk rap while reading that lol

Soul.

lmao what the ****. did he just use the ledge vulnerability thing.

Soul.

wait wasn't the ledge vulnerability 2 frames instead of 1. there was a video about it on YouTube last time i checked

Last edited:

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
wait wasn't the ledge vulnerability 2 frames instead of 1. there was a video about it on YouTube last time i checked
Oh idk. I've been hearing that as well, but I haven't seen any videos on it. It might be different for some characters?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I have heard that this only applies to shiek from different sources. Cant recall if other characters are different or not, but I think that video was disproven as being only for sheik

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
~Radiance~ ~Radiance~ By the way, I finished your avatar in case you missed it~

EDIT: Just lost 10 matches on FG in a row due to lag varying from 'delayed inputs on everything' to 'screen freezing', feeling salty =_=
It's like Pika is the worst character to be in those conditions

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Lightning pika hype.

And yea I feel like in bad lag we suffer because recovering is impossible. On fg i tend to go Ganon so I can just work on my hard reads lol

Zero wins again, the ennui is real. zzzzz

Last edited:

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Pikachu is nigh impossible to use effectively in lag, it's true. It's downright frustrating.
Question: why isn't my signature showing up? I changed it about 24 hours ago. I've tried checking back on My Account --> Signature. What gives?

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Watched all your matches, they were fun~
Though, those opponents weren't exactly too tough, were they, haha XD

Random tip: when I catch Falcon with a utilt though, I like to do more utilts into uair into fair, sometimes that lets me regrab too~
Even without the regrab it's easily a free 30+%

Nice use of QA though, I could really learn to use it more intelligently like that.

-----

I've got a YouTube channel too, where I put my plays~
Here's a match I had with a legitimately strong Sheik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9FXwE77YsQ

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Added you on YouTube coro. I'll most likely be uploading more smash matches at some point....unless i keep focusing on speedrunning in which case there will be mostly run on my channel lol. Either way, good to see someone still rocking the 3DS version.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Pikachu isn't impossible to use online, wow-don't complain so much, just work with it
If I have a rock, and I throw it at coro and corro says it hurts, then it his subjective experience of being hit with said rock as well as his own pain tolerance that has drawn him to the conclusion that it hurt to get hit by my rock

If I throw a rock at you and you say it didn't hurt, then it is your subjective experience and level of pain tolerance that has drawn you to the conclusion that it did not hurt

Just because someone's subjective experience does not fall in line with your own experience doesn't mean it is incorrect.

Then again I guess without some sort of arbitrary conflict in here once in a while there would be a certain ennui to the PGD.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
props to playing on that control scheme, it was impossible for me and I sat in a corner of anguish until benevolence incarnate came, aka the wiiu version. Unfortunately it was still comprised of the maleficent 1.0 diddy hoo hah. Ahhh reminiscence, simultaneously fond and tumultuous.

Soul.

Next Smash game will look like the Wii U version in graphics once the 3DS' successor comes out, I'm calling it haha

theres no way they can drop handheld smash now

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
So my local scene that has always been procustoms has officially banned them. I suppose the combination of customs being difficult to employ by TOs and most professionals not supporting them won out. RIP hsb. You will be missed.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
So my local scene that has always been procustoms has officially banned them. I suppose the combination of customs being difficult to employ by TOs and most professionals not supporting them won out. RIP hsb. You will be missed.
Give it time. I'm sure after the scene gets a little older (and staler), more people will be willing to try out customs. Also, more people will likely have collected all of the custom moves by then too.

Soul.

Don't really think people are going back to using customs again after the hate they've been receiving (and still are). The arguments are a hit or miss and gets incredibly dull after a while.

But then again default is preferred by almost everyone.

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
We've been doing well. How have you been? This new patch has raised some important questions, though it seems like Pikachu's pressure ability just got buffed.
I'm still a dirty lurker :roll:
Hey guys, I've been doing alright. I feel like I need to improve my movement, my spacing, my mixup game, and my tournament nerves though lol. I should also practice more.

Congrats to Koiba for being a dirty lurker lol.

Edit: I use pikachu online you guys. Hi. It is kinda hard to play on wifi, but that also depends on the connection. I don't want to use the excuse of "I lost because of lag" most of the time because while that may be true sometimes, most of the time I simply got outplayed on wi-fi. Stuff happens and I have a lot left to learn from this game before I'm as good as ZeRo or Nairo or Mr. R or ESAM or Ally or Ranai or GimR, so I'm just trying to work on my fundamentals on wi-fi mostly. Fundamentals are the vast bulk of this game, though, so lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom