• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
So how many people here go to tournaments? There's 2 tournaments every week where I live. We even have monthlies. So that's like 9 tournaments a month.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
There's no scene where I live though I've been trying to start one.
At my high school, there was a club that played Smash 4 every Thursday, but they always wanted to play 8-player smashes. I eventually did get them to do tournaments (which I always won :grin:), but now I'm going to college. Hopefully there is a Smash 4 scene in Davis.
Other than that, I used to do online tournaments (the next best thing), but then I started getting busy with AP testing, competitions (AcaDeca, Science Bowl, and History Day), etc., so my weekends were booked. I'm gonna start participating in online tourneys again now that I'm on break, but it'll be in a while since I'm gonna be out of the country for a month soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to enter a tournament, but I don't know about any scenes where I live...
It sucks really.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Here in GA, tournaments are super saturated. There's about 9 - 12 a month.

3 bi-weeklies
1 monthly
1-2 potential weeklies starting this summer

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
We have a weekly every Thursday and Friday usually with a tourney thrown in every month..

The weeklies average 50 people, and have hit 76.. the monthlies usually hit +100

Soul.

Party? I wonder if this will be enough.
-insert Celebration by Kool video-

Thor

Smash Champion
It's really hard to explain. It's probably scrubs and lag. Maybe it's projectile spam. Or maybe it's just seeing people rage in name tags. I really don't know. I barely play For Glory.
Also I found this.
That might just be my new profile picture...

So how many people here go to tournaments? There's 2 tournaments every week where I live. We even have monthlies. So that's like 9 tournaments a month.
There's a fair number of tournaments where I live but most are on like Mondays or Thursdays, half an hour [or more] from where I live, I don't drive, and recent unfortunate [but simultaneously very fortunate] circumstances mean I'm very unlikely to travel to any of those.

At UIUC we got weeklies going and had monthlies so there was maybe 5 tournaments a month at the end, but weeklies were mostly Melee or PM. I also had no one to practice Smash 4 with there consistently, so the vast majority of my skill in Smash 4 comes from having played the other Smash games and watching ESAM then trying to do some of the stuff he does.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I desperately want to do some tournies, but my nocturnal schedule usually keeps me from it. Plus, somehow they always seem to come in rotation on the weekends I'm working.

I mean, I'd scrub out, no doubt, but the learning opportunities can't be overstated here, and god knows I need it.

Sigh. Maybe someday we'll get a midnight venue around here.

I won a tournament today. Where's my party?
Dude, nice. I'll get the hat.
avi_newyears.png

What was the spread like? Any takeaways? Inquiring minds wanna know, man.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It was a 40 person tourney and local smash god, Megafox, decided not to go so it was my only chance to actually win a tournament, lol. I went all Fox in winner's and lost at semi's cause my Fox is garbage, then brought it back with Pikachu in loser's.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's weird hearing someone in my personal smash gods pantheon talk about smash gods. :p

Doesn't sound like your Fox is too garbage if it can clean up all the way to semis, though. You think you would've done any better or worse going all pika? Find anything worth putting in your pocket or polishing up for the next tourney?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Our city is pretty self contained as well as our personal deity. If Prime didn't encounter the Sheik MU, I would've believed his Fox would've taken it all the way in Winners. Losers bracket was no contest for his Pika tho -- he had a definite Grand Finals and bracket reset.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
We're the opposite here from what I can tell; very spread out. In fact we seem spread far too thin.

Admittedly, with my track record at going to tournies or even weeklies, saying anything about our scene here feels like I'm giving my professional opinion on open brain surgery - inexperienced, not very well-reasoned, and generally ends in a mess.

Soul.

The MU thread is thinking of making that thread a hub/matchup general discussion with all the matchup threads (which would be separate threads) posted in the OP. lol
Are you all okay with that?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean in terms of being able to find the content all in one place, yeah, having that as a hub sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Thor

Smash Champion
@ Soul. Soul. can I get the original URL for where that image you posted on the previous page was from? I want to use it for something and I'm curious if I can get it where it's from [it's currently a little small and if the original was bigger, that'd be helpful].

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
True dat.

@ Pikabunz Pikabunz I thought you were Klo for a minute.

[EDIT]; Gentlemen, we're being called out.

Calling all character forums on Smashboards! We challenge you to make a Smash 4 compilation video amongst your own forum members!

Let's see if yours can top ours! May the best smasher win!

Just noting that I'll be putting my post above in the last minute of our video to call our the other forums to try and make a video like ours themselves :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I stole Glaceon from her.

I wish I could draw like this. It's so perfectly cute.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I have nothing to offer in the way of smash, but if you need someone to make snarky remarks about the other boards videos, I gotchu.

Soul.

I still don't know what to do with the MU thread lol.
That Glaceon is cute.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What have you sexy lads and lasses been up to?
Splatoon.

Lots and lots of Splatoon.

Ooo. I was wondering when I'd get an excuse to tag @ KayLo! KayLo!

That Glaceon is adorable though, no contest there.

I have nothing to offer in the way of smash, but if you need someone to make snarky remarks about the other boards videos, I gotchu.
I see what you did there.

That said, that was roughly my plan too. Come, Max10n, we'll be like the Statler and Waldorf of Pikachu evolutions.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Splatoon has been my pleasant surprise from Nintendo this year. I absolutely love it, despite hating no voice chat. Before it came out I figured it would be a rough around the edges shooter without the polish the big boy ones have, but I was definitely wrong.

I'm still afraid of how long it will last, but with free DLC maps and maybe some new modes, it should Staaaaay Fresh!

And Callie is the new waifu, i'll fite anyone for her

Edit: Been watching too much Steven Universe. derp

Last edited:

Soul.

Squid Central looks cool, but I can't help but think it's not going to last—I find the game overhyped, too; lack of content until August sucks.
Still a fun game I suppose. Can't wait for E3 to see if they finally end Gen 6.
#SinnohRemakesPlease

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm still afraid of how long it will last, but with free DLC maps and maybe some new modes, it should Staaaaay Fresh!
Squid Central looks cool, but I can't help but think it's not going to last—I find the game overhyped, too; lack of content until August sucks.
By the looks of it it's got a long life ahead, at least until someone breaks it. It'll be even longer if they fix matchmaking.

@ Soul. Soul. I still say you should play it. Come to the dark side, homie.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I'm not on often, but feel free to add me. My NNID should be the same as my tag on here, Maaaaaaaaaan

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Splatoon has been my pleasant surprise from Nintendo this year. I absolutely love it, despite hating no voice chat. Before it came out I figured it would be a rough around the edges shooter without the polish the big boy ones have, but I was definitely wrong.
Those are my exact thoughts about the game. I thought it was going to be mediocre but it's surprisingly fun. The lack of content makes me think the game won't last long though. Also, I too have been watching SU. It's an alright show.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm not on often, but feel free to add me. My NNID should be the same as my tag on here, Maaaaaaaaaan
I may already have you, but if I for some reason don't, will do, and feel free to do the same. I won't be able to until morning, however. Money talks and all that.

No, neveeeeer homie. I will not surrender.
We have cookies.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
My brother plays it more than me. But when I get on, it's hard as **** to put the game down. Unless food is involved.

But it'll definitely get repetitive once the reality hits me in the future.
:phone:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Did you steal her?
Or did I trick you into being the first of my adorable Glaceon army?

Also, hi Red~ =3

Also,

Can't wait for E3 to see if they finally end Gen 6.
#SinnohRemakesPlease
Thank god, sounds like someone else was as disappointed with ORAS as I was. (Although I actually liked XY minus the pretty lame post-game. :c)

Top Bottom