• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Wow, the gif actually worked. People are posting! :)

It's nice to hear that ESAM is returning. That means there'll be more videos to learn from.

Thor

Smash Champion
Conquest results came in.
Pikachu was 49%, Sonic won at 51%.

Oh well.
Anyway, I personally hope there'll be a Pokemon Z, for some reason. It's probably because X2 and Y2 sound really lame.
Pikachu won on the 3DS for what it's worth. I checked and realized the conquests are split by 3DS and Wii U. As a result, I won 2000 coins on the 3DS and 100 on the Wii U [since the winning team gets more cash].

Also I contributed 12 points to the team Shulk for this campaign [there's no Pikachu team this time]. Two-stocking a Sheik with him on FG got me a juicy 6, and the others came from me messing around with Peach and Ike earlier [got like 3 each from them or whatever].

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ooo, that reminds me, I still need to check my results.

I bet I have a whole coin coming.

Soul.

I got nothing but 100 Gold on the 3DS version's Conquest; this goes to show why I can't play Pikachu on FG.
Well... obviously I can—I went for Sonic in the Conquest for no reason at all lmao.
#rekt

Soul.

I'm pretty much skeptical when it comes to Mystery Dungeon; especially after the Sticker Star of PMD known as Gates to Infinity.
The other two are good by general consensus, though—will reserve judgment on this one until I see gameplay, story and the like.
Also... a while ago, I didn't realize that Mystery Dungeon had randomized dungeons. "I didn't know" exists and suddenly everyone went smart mode. smh

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
If they can bring back the writing team from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, I'm on board.

If they bring back the team from Gates to Infinity, I'll be ignoring it again.

Soul.

I'm fine with everything as long as it's similar to that of EoT/D/S.
It's funny, too; I ignored Gates to Infinity completely after playing the demo 2 years ago. Meh.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ditto, which is a real shame as I'm a fan of this genre of games.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Gates to Infinity is on my To-Play list. Right now it's just sitting there and collecting dust.
Honestly, I'm probably gonna get the new game regardless of what it's like. (Gotta Catch 'Em All! Pokemon Games! :p)
I don't usually accept others' opinions on a game until I've played it completely for myself.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
The demo for Gates to Infiinity was fun for me, but they honestly butchered the game compared to the previous mystery dungeons. Only 5 starters, no endgame and only like 200 Pokemon whereas Explorers of Sky had all 492 at the time. I've tried not to spoil myself with the story, but it's probably not as good as Time/Darkness/Sky. (I need to finish Blue Rescue Team still) I hope this new Mystery Dungeon game is more ambitious than the last.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I wonder what the music in the game will be like. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon usually has pretty nice soundtracks
This one is one of my most favorite. :)

D

Deleted member

So this is the Pikachu Social Thread?

Hello!
I just want to say that I love Pikachu; it's by far my favorite Pokemon. However, in Smash... I am just OK with him.
I think that I might pick him up as a secondary and practice with him. I tried to main him in Brawl, but it wasn't working out.

D

Deleted member

Hey Xeno, welcome. Have a good time here; we're pretty chill.
Hello! :)

Anyways, it looks like the new PMD game finally got an official trailer in today's Japan only Direct.
I haven't played any of the previous games, but from what I heard, Gates to Infinity was massively disappointing. This looks like a step up from that.

Soul.

Red/Blue Rescue Team was pretty cool.
Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky is the "overrated" one of the series.
Gates to Infinity is, well.... Gates to Infinity.

Super Mystery Dungeon is looking pretty good though, at least right now. I'll try to be as optimistic as possible when it comes to this game; hunger seems to have come back.

If you look at the top right in 0:12 it has the number 88, with おなか beside it, which means stomach in Japanese!

EDIT: OMG hunger is actually back, in the japanese version of Explorers hunger is called おなか!!!
The story better be good.

Thor

Smash Champion
So I just realized that the knockback scaling on the second half of Quick Attack is enough to KO at impractically high percentages.

I rarely use Pikachu online because SDing due to lag is annoying, but For Glory sudden deaths just got a whole lot easier.

Last edited:

Soul.

For Glory is a decent mode to learn **** but it's jusr so full of scrubs and cheap tactics.
#captainobvious

D

Deleted member

For Glory is a decent mode to learn **** but it's jusr so full of scrubs and cheap tactics.
#captainobvious
That's why I never go on For Glory.
I felt as though my skills with my characters were regressing rather than progressing. That and the salt from the mode is not worth it at all.
I stopped playing the mode altogether and I just play with some friends and other people on SmashBoards. I play the game less now, but anything is better than For Glory.
My favorite part of that mode are the scrubby, try hard Little Macs that side B off the stage, but I never get them.

Thor

Smash Champion
#captainobvious
There aren't cheap tactics, just obnoxious ones.

I also usually play characters other than Pikachu, but...

That's why I never go on For Glory.
I felt as though my skills with my characters were regressing rather than progressing. That and the salt from the mode is not worth it at all.
I stopped playing the mode altogether and I just play with some friends and other people on SmashBoards. I play the game less now, but anything is better than For Glory.
My favorite part of that mode are the scrubby, try hard Little Macs that side B off the stage, but I never get them.
Someone pointed out some habits that I had, not sure if For Glory caused me to pick them up or if I just had them. Probably due to lag tbh.

I like For Glory teams mainly because teams with team attack off is super derpy. I don't do the 1v1 on my 3DS [the only game I played a JV3-stocked a guy in less than a minute, so my stats page is literally perfect if you ignore there's only one game played...], but I'll play them on my Wii U sometimes. It's better than nothing when no one is available if I just want to play Falcon or whatever [although sometimes I also just continue clearing the challenge board and such].

Last edited:

Soul.

There aren't cheap tactics, just obnoxious ones.

I also usually play characters other than Pikachu, but...

Someone pointed out some habits that I had, not sure if For Glory caused me to pick them up or if I just had them. Probably due to lag tbh.

I like For Glory teams mainly because teams with team attack off is super derpy. I don't do the 1v1 on my 3DS [the only game I played a JV3-stocked a guy in less than a minute, so my stats page is literally perfect if you ignore there's only one game played...], but I'll play them on my Wii U sometimes. It's better than nothing when no one is available if I just want to play Falcon or whatever [although sometimes I also just continue clearing the challenge board and such].
I must have been confused then; my mistake.

Thor

Smash Champion
I must have been confused then; my mistake.
Dunno what you're confused about, but if you're referring to "Cheap" tactics and me saying otherwise... there are obnoxious things sure, but I can't think of anything truly "Cheap" [the infinite dimensional cape glitch isn't present, but that would count as cheap, since it's unintended, nearly unbeatable, and banned in all legitimate tournaments]. If you can, feel free to tell me what you think is cheap about the way some in for glory play.

Soul.

Dunno what you're confused about, but if you're referring to "Cheap" tactics and me saying otherwise... there are obnoxious things sure, but I can't think of anything truly "Cheap" [the infinite dimensional cape glitch isn't present, but that would count as cheap, since it's unintended, nearly unbeatable, and banned in all legitimate tournaments]. If you can, feel free to tell me what you think is cheap about the way some in for glory play.
It's really hard to explain. It's probably scrubs and lag. Maybe it's projectile spam. Or maybe it's just seeing people rage in name tags. I really don't know. I barely play For Glory.
Also I found this.

Scatz

Smash Champion
^This guy always on the hunt for Pika pictures. Reminds me of a friend back then...

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I was gifted a video recorder for graduating from high school, so now I can upload replays of my For Glory experience to YouTube. It's not the best quality, but I'm still grateful I got it. :)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I think I could beat you
Wow, that came out of nowhere. :chuckle:

Edit: Oh, I realized why you said that now. Don't think I was downplaying your skill by invalidating your win rate. I was just saying that's not a good way to gauge your skill. If you really want to show me what you can do, we can play sometime. Though you're probably gonna lose. :p

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Aside from lag, which isn't always there, and only being able to play on Omegas, for glory isn't a bad way of showing your skill. If you're good, you're going to have a high win rate. I have a 90%+ win rate for both my Fox and Pikachu. I use a different tag for each of them so they have their own records. :)

Soul.

I have a ~60% win rate on FG in the 3DS version lol. It's probably that because I don't play it (the mode) much.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Aside from lag, which isn't always there, and only being able to play on Omegas, for glory isn't a bad way of showing your skill.
But aren't those two kinda really important? Even if it doesn't seem like there's any lag, being online means there's at least a slight amount of input lag. It doesn't have to be noticeable to be there. For most purposes, that doesn't really matter, and it's just nitpicking, but battling through noticeable lag is bound to happen on For Glory. And that ruins the idea of skill in For Glory for me since the person who can fight the lag better will win.
And not having any platforms whatsoever kinda limits the scope of the "skill" on For Glory. A great player should be able to play well on stages with and without platforms. A win rate doesn't reflect that. Especially since projectile use (and spamming) is favored on Omega stages.

If you're good, you're going to have a high win rate.
High win rates don't really say much about a person's skill. Players can battle all the scrubs and leave when there are people who are too strong for them. That inflates their win rates and for that reason, I have to disagree.
Also since their is no ranking system, your opponent's skill level is pretty much random. Someone who fights easier players more often will have a higher win rate than someone who often has to fight the more skillful players.

I have a 90%+ win rate for both my Fox and Pikachu. I use a different tag for each of them so they have their own records. :)
:)

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Lag is barely noticeable for me. I use an ethernet adapter and I have a great connection. If the connection is really bad I'll leave after the match. But that rarely happens. I know for glory isn't the best way to show skill, but it isn't bad. I play on FD a lot in tournaments so for glory is still great practice for me. And you're right about the win rate not being completely accurate because you can grind wins on bad players., but I don't do that. I leave if they're really bad and I always stay if I lose. People who leave on losses normally don't have good win rates in the first place.

D

Deleted member

I have a 77% win rate in For Glory on the Wii U version. Most of my wins came from my Luigi.
I don't encounter too much lag. But, when I do, I SD to end the match. Most the lag comes from pretty bad or mediocre players.
I used to go there for practice and experience, but I don't think that I received too much from it because it's FD only. I guess I received some knowledge of match ups, though FD favors some characters... like freaking Little Mac.

Soul.

I would play For Glory more if there was something like a matchmaking about skill level thing, not random matchmaking. Then again, this is why With Friends exists. Then you have scrubs that leave after one match like cowards because they want to protect their win rate.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I can hit things and do good, althought the only real way to gauge ones skill is to compete in tournaments

Top Bottom