• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
from the testing ive been doing Robin is really fun and pretty good imo. He lacks reliable OoS options though which sucks. I wrote a guide yesterday on every aerial that would connect OoS when just outside of Robin's grab range, and what it really shows is that Levin sword Fair OoS is really good, but it wont kill. Nair is reliable if you are close enough and facing them, but also wont kill. Bair will kill, but its akward and will miss if not in the right position on many characters. Overall when people get close to Robin when he is in shield, it creates problems simply because Robins Levin blade goes away after 8 seconds, and comes back when you do a smash attack or smash aerial, meaning if you are in shield and jumping OoS to Fair you HAVE to do a smash aerial input and on the 3DS its a pos to do well.

TL;DR Robin can camp arcfire and thoron and his jab comes out on frame 4. Yay bad close range aerials aside from fair

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I've found nirvana. It's blasting Move ***** on the freeway with the windows down at 1 am and getting too turnt with it.

Life is good

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
For anyone who spent 200+ and prolly 43 for Smash 3ds (unless handheld game prices finally jumped to 49.99) I feel sorry fer u. I mean you get to have the game a month early to have fun online, but the superior version comes out soon already.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
^^^ Soooo ****ing glad I didn't buy the 3ds one. Now I gotta get my hands on a Wii U faster than expected though. (hmm)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I already knew the Wii U version would be released in a 2 month timespan at most when the Nintendo direct finally gave a date for Smash on 3ds. (back in June or something?) I didn't plan on buying a 3ds anyways since the only game that half interests me is ORAS compared to Wii U with Bayo2 MK8 Smash 4 Legend of Slink in 2015 WW HD etc.

So a pat on the back to me for not spending money on smash on the go.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Pikachu is a fun little rodent in 3ds imo, once wii u drops, can I add all of you for some occasional matches?
(though knowing me I wont actually interact with anyone at all)
3ds is also cool but since space is limited Id feel bad for never interacting.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
All the hate for 3DS is hilarious btw. Everyone talking about the game shouldn't have come out for 3DS is being dumb, it's a great option for casual and portable play, one Nintendo really should focus on.

Of course the WiiU version is the competitive one. But the 3DS is the fun one.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
There shouldn't be a 3DS version because it's been detracting from the Wii U version since day 1. They're making two games with the time and resources it takes to make one.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Should have pushed the Wii U back a bit more to make sure it's 100% good. Also the fact they had to make ALL of the characters in 3DS be in Wii U is really dumb.

Pushing the Wii U back would:
- Build hype
- Wouldn't be during the holiday (could've pushed back more so it's actually in December though?) so less sales maybe.
- Make it so 3DS is more enticing.

I don't understand, Wii U SHOULD have more options, modes, and characters because of its lack of as many hardware limitations. It feels like the Wii U is being held back on purpose so it doesn't completely outclass the 3DS in everything except Smash Run and accessibility, which should be the 3DS' main selling points. I'll have to see what's up when the Wii U version comes out though. Pretty disappointed right now (I haven't played 3DS but this is kind of killing me on what's happening).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've done some testing and my results are conclusive: Duck Hunt is fun.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, WiiU smash coming out same date as Pokemon is a terrible idea. It should've stayed put until December. It's also going toe to toe with massive game releases in November. I honestly don't get it.

3DS would've driven hype through December easily.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I asked some dude playing in the library if he wanted to play some rounds of Smash 4 and he just replied with "everyone online is playing Duck Hunt" so I left his ass there even though I'm on the Rosalina Rocket to the Stars.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
And then I skipped a week. Whoops.

Lemme fist get the reason I came in out of the way: Happy bday Phoenix.

And while I'm here: Happy late bday SB.

And then we got old business INPO:

Damn, I'd feel your thumb's pain if I planned on playing the 3ds version for real.

How is Robin in general though?
From what I've heard he's phenomenal, although he doesn't mesh as well with my usual play style as I'd hoped, so I have few firsthand reports.

One thing I did learn firsthand is that Arcfire, amazing as it is for spacing, doesn't work so well against a jolt-happy pika. Neither does ragequitting on me after a failed chase below the stage, but it did make me smile.

The Robin social board coincidentally, I've found, is second only to ours in terms of awesomeness.

Quick bit on the thumb pain for those who have it - use a 3DS grip. Night and day. You'll thank me I promise.

I have smash if anyone wants to play
FC: 2277-7914-9551
I'll be happy to, odd hours aside. I'll add you when I return to WiFi range.

Pikachu is a fun little rodent in 3ds imo, once wii u drops, can I add all of you for some occasional matches?
(though knowing me I wont actually interact with anyone at all)
3ds is also cool but since space is limited Id feel bad for never interacting.
You can add me. Then we can both feel bad for never interacting. Solidarity, ho!

The offer also stands open to any other 3DS players. Add away.

All the hate for 3DS is hilarious btw.
Ain't it just?

It'll die down again in November, I'm just waiting it out.

I've done some testing and my results are conclusive: Duck Hunt is fun.
God, those projectiles. I sense mind games and nasty edgeguards coming down the pipe, and I'm loving it. Can't do it myself though.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I said HBD to Bobby on FB so repeating it here would be redundant...

Habby birthday, Boppy!

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
On a note about paying for ****, I went to a local smash tourney this weekend and won first in brawl doubles and singles as all pika. they didnt do cash but the prize for brawl singles was a copy of 3ds smash. does anyone here who has a 3ds but doesnt have the game want it? Id offer it to my friends irl but no one i know doesnt have it/doesnt have a 3ds. If I love you enough ill give it to you. Except for PG, he cheated on me so we are over.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Well to be fair me and Tofer have been doing "things" before I met you, so if anything I cheated on Tofer and not you.

Vale

Smash Ace
currently maining -105 speed ganon with explosive perfect shield, super armor smash attacks, and faster charging smash attacks

Vale

Smash Ace
looks like i'll have to counterpick to my +176 speed sonic. sure, he may have -104 attack and never be able to kill, but he gotta go fast.

Top Bottom