• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Consecutive throws, actually.
Consecutive grabs, actually.

It's more accurate because it also encompasses things like air release CGs/ground release CGs that don't involve throws.

Also what Ussi said. Technically it's grab-->throw-->grab-->throw.
But then technically it's also grab-->release-->grab-->release. So nothing would literally be a chaingrab/chainthrow. Which would be dumb.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I watched the slaughtering of goats. The goats go crazy as the blood flows out of their necks. I didn't get to slaughter one on my own, had to have someone guide me since i had no experience

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Were you helping out at a farm or meat processing plant or something?
Oh wait, you're muslim right? Were you doing that thing that makes the meat Halal? (iirc you drain out all the blood and then perform some sort of prayer)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What makes meat halal: reciting "allah wakbar" while cutting the animal's neck so that the jugular vein and nerve is severed (so its painless, hence why goats go crazy, they aren't feeling the pain so they run around if you don't hold them down). The blood is drained out too.

That's all there is to it. Its not a prayer made in the sense where you go prostrate to God. You make a dhikir (no real translation for the word into English, consider it like remembering God in a verbal sense) and intention that this slaughter is for food.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Huh, a painless death. I had no idea.
Up until now it had been described to me as "They slit the animal's throat and drain out all the blood while saying a prayer" so it sounded pretty barbaric to me lol. Good to know.

(And yes just to be clear I understand now that it's not a prayer either)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea this was a mistake of the butcher to not pass the goat to someone else to hold it down instead of trying to do all the orders to kill goats because of yesterday's holiday. Basically everyone who can afford it (and want to do it) is slaughtering goats so its really busy. This was the first time i watched animals be slaughtered in person. Its much different than watching a video of it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I've seen pigs get slaughtered for banquets back home. The guy made it educational (to a certain extent) and entertaining by scaring the **** out of my younger relatives.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
Personally my favorite food is pizza, so I guess there's less animal killing involved. Toppings are another story, but I'm fine with plain pizza as well.
The only thing I cut down these days is an insane amount of plants. Especially brambles. **** brambles. They retaliate by catching your arm while swinging and leaving scratch marks with their thorns. My co-workers started making Prince of Persia jokes after they watched me handling sickles.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dude plants are living things too. They even cry and experience pain. They cry at a signifcantly higher frequency than we can hear

Top Bottom