• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well yea, but its still funny, cause well i think it really is impossible because technology keeps evolving so making better security only leads to getting better at cr/hacking.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
To hackers every piece of technology has a loop hole for them to squirm into and examine. Even if it has a lot of obstacles. They'll still fight to break in. All you can do is just make it extremely hard for them to crack into.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Sup Pikas. :3

They should dO what one developer did.. It was a VN (love plus) for the DS and the developer made it that a pirated version would always make the girls hate you and you could never get a good ending. Just something like that just to humor the pirates.
I remember that! There was a big stink about it online.

Also, Ussi, I'm fighting for the VN thread to be reopened! It's tough, though. :(

Another question: does anyone have the picture of FlameWaveK from that first big tournament where he went as a trap? A friend of mine wanted to see it. (I might add him on aim, but I just decided to ask here so that FWK can be namesearch baited here as well.)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This is why my plan is to release free games and do advertising and merchandising. Nothing to pirate = no pirates.

Of course you can't do this with AAA titles, so on that topic. Most promising solution I've seen so far is to have data that needs to be accessed from a server under your control, i.e, activation. Steam comes to mind. Give a pirate exposure to all the code, i.e. with DRM, and it can be reverse-engineered significantly faster than if you hold pieces back in an inaccessible location.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sup Pikas. :3

I remember that! There was a big stink about it online.

Also, Ussi, I'm fighting for the VN thread to be reopened! It's tough, though. :(

Another question: does anyone have the picture of FlameWaveK from that first big tournament where he went as a trap? A friend of mine wanted to see it. (I might add him on aim, but I just decided to ask here so that FWK can be namesearch baited here as well.)
Well you can sign me up as supporter for this. I want to spread the light of how good some VN's stories are. They really deserve the title "novel"

Honestly VNs need to be spilt into three categories: eroge (basically what people expect from VNs), novels (Amazing in depth plot), and novels with eroge.

also @redfeatherraven people will instead of pirating will just block the ads

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
also @redfeatherraven people will instead of pirating will just block the ads
Naturally, but not all of them will. Running the operation I do, I should turn a profit if even a fraction of the ads get impressions.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I swear, shutting down these fileshare sites in an attempt to curb piracy is not a good idea. People are just going to flock to torrents. Then when they try to crack down on those then the manure will truly begin to hit the fan. Messing with the pirated copies of things is a better idea. Going after fileshare stuff is just kicking a beehive imo.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I am as well, I am pretty stocked for it.
No cassandra though makes me very very unhappy.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Her playstyle is most likely still in it with a different character. I noticed Taki was out just to be replaced by Natsu with the same moveset and more lol.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I know, but its just not the same, how can I not have my adorable-not relevant at all to the story- moe and yet high tier character in the form of another?
Silly namco, at least Tira is still there, no Setsuka.

It looks soild though, maybe this will be a balanced sc.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@Ussi: Exactly! Right now the general consensus is that they count as hentai if there's even a bit of eroge, and I'm trying to change that belief. It's tough. >_<

Anyway, Soul Calibur looks fun! I'm going to wait to get it, though, since I have a ton of games piled up already.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I Dl'd the RE: Revelations demo (3DS) and really liked it. What has me on the fence is the derpy feel of the controls.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I swear, shutting down these fileshare sites in an attempt to curb piracy is not a good idea. People are just going to flock to torrents. Then when they try to crack down on those then the manure will truly begin to hit the fan. Messing with the pirated copies of things is a better idea. Going after fileshare stuff is just kicking a beehive imo.
Big coorporations invest into bittorrent.. America makes money off it so they won't shut it down.

@Ussi: Exactly! Right now the general consensus is that they count as hentai if there's even a bit of eroge, and I'm trying to change that belief. It's tough. >_<
Yea sucks when stuff like a thread on VNs gets locked cause of a wrong steorotype.

I honestly didn't try to appeal it cause i didn't think it would be an active thread afterwards tbh.. Guess i was wrong in thinking that though.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I know, but its just not the same, how can I not have my adorable-not relevant at all to the story- moe and yet high tier character in the form of another?
Silly namco, at least Tira is still there, no Setsuka.

It looks soild though, maybe this will be a balanced sc.
There are 3 cassandra's in the game, 1 setsuka fraud, and not a single talim to be found. I'm EXTREMELY dissapoint. :glare: I'll watch the game but its dead to me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yea sucks when stuff like a thread on VNs gets locked cause of a wrong steorotype.

I honestly didn't try to appeal it cause i didn't think it would be an active thread afterwards tbh.. Guess i was wrong in thinking that though.
Exactly. Of course, the one in UB got blocked due to people making constant references to the eroge content. :/

Isn't that the game where girls fight in their underwear?
Haha, I suppose, but you're mostly thinking of Ivy (:urg:). It's a fun game, but I like Blazblue better.

Out of curiosity, who does everyone here main in Soul Calibur? I'm a Raphael kind of player myself.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Three was at least fun to play (why didnt they just directly upgrade 2? Capcom does that all the time and get tons of money for it). Still very fair assessment of the series from Espy.

I main Cassandra (I guess the rip-offs now too) and Tira.
I also use a very bad Setsuka and Sigfried.

Its just not the same Blash ;~;

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Exactly. Of course, the one in UB got blocked due to people making constant references to the eroge content. :/

Haha, I suppose, but you're mostly thinking of Ivy (:urg:). It's a fun game, but I like Blazblue better.

Out of curiosity, who does everyone here main in Soul Calibur? I'm a Raphael kind of player myself.
Well i made a rule in my thread that eroge couldn't be discussed and the mod there was fine with that condition and kept watching the thread. He actually was surprised the thread got locked and asked if I wanted to appeal myself as he was on my side.

Also they fight in their underwear due to armor breaking..

Scatz

Smash Champion
So much SC hate.

Anyways, I main Aeon in the game. Might have a 2nd since he's been changed soo much now...

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Fighting in underwear was very pleasing to the eyes which is why one of my mains was sophitia :cool:. I also use cervantes amd raphael, but my favorite guy is yunsung

:phone:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
(So many new people! I feel lost, haha.)

When is SC5 coming out, anyway? I'm going to wait for the price to go down (and for Blazblue: CS Extend to come out) before getting it, but I'll at least rent it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Better to ask luigitoilet or Teran for that, really.
It's simple.

Unlike the white man, black people understand the value of money because they aren't swimming in it from birth (or often ever). Let's face it, if we're in a tip giving part of society, it's a part where a white man calls himself poor because he can't shell out $20k for a swimming pool.

Also, if you are white, the black man won't give you his money wtf u srs bro?

Also because everyone who isn't white hates white men, but white women are cool because having sex with them makes the white man incensed, true story.

Why am I here?

I am terrible.

Hi Pikachus

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lol Teran going in!

I'm just too poor to pay for tip :( Maybe when I have more money than needing to stretch 10 bucks for 2 weeks.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If you're needing to stretch ten dollars for two weeks, you shouldn't be ordering pizza. Especially not delivery.

Top Bottom