• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
@SC5 subject: Being constantly told on /v/ that my taste in games are terrible made me realize, I actually do have bad taste and A small genre of games. So i've been meaning to play stuff like MvC3 or any other fighting stuff for awhile now.
If Leaf. actually does move in with me, i'd most likely play his plethora of LoZ games he has with him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand since I have A N64 I could probably buy the LoZ cartidges as well.

Scatz

Smash Champion
If you're needing to stretch ten dollars for two weeks, you shouldn't be ordering pizza. Especially not delivery.
Sometimes, I have more money to give for quality food, and some people don't have the choice of picking up their food.

I just gave an exaggeration of money when people poor.

Edit: Stealth, I meant in terms of cheap buying (like a $5 pizza or something). Never meant for that cause I find that dumb lol.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
SC i only played because link was in the second one lol.
i use him in 2 and cervantes tho since links not around anymore.

btw, the new res evil for the ps3 and 3****ty piss me off. while leon has an amazing scary post re4 type of playstlye that looks true to the RE i love, they put chris the ****ing fridge with a chia pet on top of it for his head in this game and his story is all bs gears of war ppl who look like walls hiding behind other walls bull****.

was excited for this but now i got my eyes focused on silent hill downpour which was supposed to be out last november.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Spend $20+ on pizza and stiff the delivery guy,

OR

Spend $.88 on a bag of rice and eat for a week?

If you're poor, the answer should be obvious.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hi Pikachus
Ha, I find it funny that when I come back here and start posting again a bit, you show up without me even baiting you.

Man, I feel like doing a big bait again.

@SC5 subject: Being constantly told on /v/ that my taste in games are terrible made me realize, I actually do have bad taste and A small genre of games. So i've been meaning to play stuff like MvC3 or any other fighting stuff for awhile now.
If Leaf. actually does move in with me, i'd most likely play his plethora of LoZ games he has with him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand since I have A N64 I could probably buy the LoZ cartidges as well.
Eh, I actually don't like MvC3 all that much. I prefer Blazblue, myself.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I played SC 2 cause an old friend of mine saw Link in it and wanted me to play the game with him.
I enjoyed the game, but it felt A bit too repetitive. Years later I notice A SC4 tournament at some coffee/library place back when I lived in kerrville in... 2010? I join knowing I won't win A match (Free entry), completely unaware of what does what since I haven't touched SC in year. I press random buttons and actually win agaisnt one person.

Was funny to win, but through out the next round I got beaten hard by people who knew what to do of course, Kinda reminds me of Brawl players Vs Con gamers.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Eh, I actually don't like MvC3 all that much. I prefer Blazblue, myself.
this. if it werent for bang and leichi being so OP id be way into it. Been trying to learn lambda but i am just terrible at traditional 2d fighters

Scatz

Smash Champion
Spend $20+ on pizza and stiff the delivery guy,

OR

Spend $.88 on a bag of rice and eat for a week?

If you're poor, the answer should be obvious.
And yet as much as that should be the case, life doesn't work that way all the time. I wasn't clear since I wrote it from my phone. People that pay a lot of money for food with delivery should be paying tips. There's no reason not to; however, some people that order food under like 10 bucks, often don't pay tips (I'm one of them). While it's still not right, you can somewhat see why they're not giving a tip.

Like I said, it's not right to ever give a tip, but some of the poor people that spend 5 bucks or something just want quality food that most likely don't have the means to travel and get their own pizza. People that do have their own transportation shouldn't be stiffing the driver no matter what the costs, it just doesn't happen like it's supposed to.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
so much this. if you are poor, you shouldnt be spending thirty dollars on pizza and stiffing the delivery driver, PERIOD. :glare:
Man are tips like a legal necessity or something? I don't get what the big deal in America is about giving people money for doing their ****ing job, isn't that what an employer is supposed to do?

Generally tips here aren't expected unless you're actually early or at a restaurant or something just a really good waiter, tips aren't just... given, and whatever people get they're generally grateful for.

I dunno maybe it's a culture thing and they give you crappier wages over there for certain things and people have to rely on tips. \o_o/

Ha, I find it funny that when I come back here and start posting again a bit, you show up without me even baiting you.

Man, I feel like doing a big bait again.
Man it's funny I don't even namesearch that much anymore because I'm no longer relevant like the old days.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Man are tips like a legal necessity or something? I don't get what the big deal in America is about giving people money for doing their ****ing job, isn't that what an employer is supposed to do?

Generally tips here aren't expected unless you're actually early or at a restaurant or something just a really good waiter, tips aren't just... given, and whatever people get they're generally grateful for.

I dunno maybe it's a culture thing and they give you crappier wages over there for certain things and people have to rely on tips. \o_o/

Man it's funny I don't even namesearch that much anymore because I'm no longer relevant like the old days.
yes it is what the employer is supposed to do, but because tips are customary over here we get paid a lower wage so that tips can carry us over the minimum wage limit. i get paid four dollars an hour. after taxes get taken out of my tip my wage drops around two dollars an hour. without tips we dont make money. and while its true we arent waiters, we also have to pay gas and do maintenance to our cars, which isnt cheap. while i could stand here and say man i make sixteen dollars + an hour, what an amazing job after gas + car stuff i probably make under ten

and stiffs and bad tips are apart of the job. they tend to get balanced out by large tips in the long wrong. getting ten stiffs in two days though really made me snap, never had any sort of a streak like that in the four years ive delivered

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

The wages for being a waiter, delivery boy, etc are absolute garbage. If you don't get tips, you're definitely going to be struggling. They're not a necessity, but most people feel obligated to tip a bit. I know if I were waiter/delivery boy, I'd sure as hell appreciate the extra cash, so I always make sure to tip.

Been thinking Blazblue cause I enjoy most of their soundtracks.
Someone in SA has the game as well and knowing that makes me kinda want to play it.
I have BBCS for the PS3.
MIGHT be getting Extended.

Only problem is that all fighters suck. UMvC3, BBCSEX, SF4AE, Brawl, KoF, MK9, 3S, blah blah blah. :applejack:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wooow that's kinda ridiculous.

Over here the employer is obligated to pay the minimum wage regardless of whether or not tips could theoretically carry you over, and not only that most of the time a 10-15% tip is factored into the cost of things you buy anyway, so tips are like legit extra cash they keep to themselves.

All this being said, it's still not exactly great here because everything costs an arm and a leg so most wages are insufficient. >__>

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
and ^ is a factor in why some people dont tip. they assume that there is already a tip, or even worse think the delivery fee that is charged is a tip -it isnt- and they tip less or not at all. i try to do what i can to educate people about it, but its always very hard to do so to people you are delivering to without sounding desperate for a tip, which i dont want to come across as sounding like

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
My job went pretty well. Forget indoors, the outdoors is quite amazing. It's the least stressful when working.
I even got some subway food when my work was done for today.

===

PZ, I wish you a birthday cake.

PZ

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone also rei and slush I am literally filling the same way lol.
Hmm? profile even with that or the infinete amount of places to check dates I thought it was like the 22nd and my friend thought it was the 30th lol
Side note:Cupcakes at home with pizza and Happy Birthday! Cupcake for lunch and everyone had one...oddly conveniant? (Jimmyfosho U MAD BRO?)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
People still use the refresh button?
I just keep hitting one of the two User CP links over and over until something new pops up.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
this. if it werent for bang and leichi being so OP id be way into it. Been trying to learn lambda but i am just terrible at traditional 2d fighters
Really? In CS2 (the patch), they aren't dominant at all, haha. Have you even tried it post-patch?

Haha, you're still relevant to me, I suppose. <3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
lol @ you guys that continue on clicking on user cp instead of refreshing.

Because if you wanted to find a website you were on the history folder, you might find yourself in a spamload of links that leads to user cp.

Top Bottom