• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

bigman40

Smash Master
theres a meh lucario where im from, and even his lucario knows the basics which forces me to have to play really smart, hes usually taking me down to one stock and even tho im a way better player the mu is JUST THAT HARD. idk if its as bad as u view it but i think this mu shld be in our top 4 hardest ones, cuz i personaly do better v game and watches than vs lucarios, lucario just gots that dumb clutch, hes never ****ing losing lol

Giving him power while trying to kill him is the reason why it's stupid in the first place. No reliable kill setups to keep him from getting that strong hurts us a lot. The only other reason it's also ******** is because we can't go head to head against him. We have to utilize our speed and maneuverability to manage the matchup efficiently, but w/e. it's just my opinion after playing this matchup so many ****ing times and raging from Lucario since I hate the way he was created in this game.

I'm glad you can scale what I think the MU ratio is just from what I've said thus far lmaoooooo
I took it from the emotion of everyone else's posts. However, I shouldn't have quoted you to say something that everyone else had said. So, my error began right then.

LOL I PLAY LUCARIOS AND YOU DON'T OH WAIT YOU DO MY BAD WELL DON'T I FEEL SILLY!
Unnecessary.

Also yes I do enjoy losing to him. It's always a great experience :)
Glad you at least enjoy that. What did you learn from losing to Lucario so far?

King~

Smash Champion
through time ive come to the conclusion that everyones match-ups varies from person to person, sometimes people have similar views thus they believe its one thing, other times they disagree

jus saying aruging about someones else ratio is pointless since there experience might differ from yours and vice versa

example i play no marths and ive beaten the majority of marths ive run into in tourney, i dont think its bad, where as someone else might play idk some top marth all the time and gets *****, they say its 30-70

yes i just said the same thing three times

still reading good......

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I've learned that it's harder for the pikachu than the lucario :)

Don't assume that I get ***** btw because usually I don't. It does get tricky when they take the first stock though (which is a lot more likely in this MU ughhhh)

bigman40

Smash Master
I've learned that it's harder for the pikachu than the lucario :)
I think all of us are on the same page as that.

Don't assume that I get ***** btw because usually I don't.
I might have heard different

It does get tricky when they take the first stock though (which is a lot more likely in this MU ughhhh)
I think all of us are on the same page as that too. Stocks matter much more in this MU than others, but what gets dumb is that Lucario can make the stocks even out whenever he's in soulja boy mode.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Pikachu can't kill. Lucario gets stronger the longer he lives.
Lucario also out ranges him, and Pikachu barely gets any guaranteed setups for free damage.

This match up is almost as bad as Sonic vs. Lucario.
Biggs post earlier had it right, Lucario outranges pika like bowser and ganon do. He's such a slow character, particularly in his ranges moves, if you get hit by one of them youre probably doing something dumb. A lot of pros I see losing to lucarios usually run into stuff like this, like 20 bajillion fsmashes when lucarios at kill percent. You dont ever see that happening at the beginning of lucarios stock. If the opponent plays safe though and powershields his slow moves, what is the lucario going to do then?

If lucario didnt have aurasphere this matchup would be even or slight pika advantage. However aurasphere can pretty much shut down pikachus jolting at high percents, since even though it takes forever and a half to come out it travels pretty fast; enough to punish jolts with death. That makes it hard for pikachu to pressure an approach or deal damage at higher percents. On top of that lucario at high percent causes counterintuitive reactions; not only is it normal to go for the kill at kill percent, people want lucario in particular dead asap, you dont want to stand around and do nothing when the scary blue monster charging aurasphere can kill you at 70%.

Pikachus lack of killing ability is overexaggerated compared to the rest of the cast, especially against slow characters. Once lucario reaches a certain percent you probably want to wait for a utilt, nair, ftilt, or maaaaybe usmash; since anything else will get you killed. Still lucarios advantage, but not terrible.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Olimar vs pika is pretty **** bad for us... Anyone who says otherwise has never played a decent olimar, aka logic, rich brown, brood, Fino, hilt, or L_Cancel (let's see how many of these people namesearch! =D)

Also, namechanged and new avi that just seems more... me.
Yeah it's kinda bad, lol. But it's not as bad as people make it out to be. 60:40 Olimar.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Ew, a Tag opinion. He killed all of his credibility a while ago when it came to debates.

Seriously, tier list discussion, chat debates... never seen anyone get disagreed with so often before lmao. tl;dr@tag

Biggy I'm confused to what side of the argument you're actually on. You don't seem to have a very clear point lol.

One second you're saying it's not that bad... the next you're saying we all lose implying it's bad... then you're agreeing with me yet...not? dat flipflop.

Also if you heard different then that's funny. Only person who's ever ***** me with cario was Junebug. And that hasn't happened too often (he always wins though, *******). /insertsmirktoolazytosearchPB

bigman40

Smash Master
Not that bad as in we don't get ***** like Yoshi does in the MU (which is 35:65). He beats us, but we can handle the MU much better than I see how other people are making it seem to be.

My side is that he does beat us, but not as bad as people are making it.

Am I much more clear on my point now? Maybe I like to make agreements but make disagreements at the same time to make things fun (serious debates are boring these days. I end up trolling people while debating).

The last part wasn't meant to be taken seriously (hence the smirk face), but this is the internet.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Olimar vs pika is pretty **** bad for us... Anyone who says otherwise has never played a decent olimar, aka logic, rich brown, brood, Fino, hilt, or L_Cancel (let's see how many of these people namesearch! =D)
Yeah, I dont think its that bad the way most olimars play it. I do think only a very few amount of olimars know how to play the matchup correctly, less then those you mentioned.
Ew, a Tag opinion. He killed all of his credibility a while ago when it came to debates.
I specifically ignore you and you still cant help it :glare:. Even worse your view doesnt conflict with mine, you just have awful wording. Just ignore my posts pleeeeaaase, k?
Never seen anyone get disagreed with so often before lmao. tl;dr@tag
look in the mirror (ono) afk

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
After I play Brick again, I guess I'll know the MU for sure.

All I know is that whenever I watch Brick play this Lucario in my area that plays him all the time (and he's not quite at Brick's skill level), the only thing holding Lucario back from countering is Pika's edgedguarding traps, speed, and Lucario's limitations.

I just love being a character that doesn't get CG'd, and it's weird that whenever I see Pika play this MU he can seemingly live for AGES against MK kill moves (like 150% consistently), but he'll die to like tipper Lucario fsmash when both opponents are at 80% lol, even when they do sideB momentum canceling.

ESAM was really smart in using fsmash to cover Lucario's landing, imo if you can keep that fresh while using it in crucial pockets when you need to outrange lucario, this is a good tool.

From what Brick tells me he really hates this MU. He probably says like 40:60 or something along those lines lol

@tagxy: I think you're giving Lucario's kill moves a little less credit than where it's due. Also if you time/space your fullhop tjolts right you can avoid AS trapping most of the time (at least along the ground)

the reason why luc's fsmash works is because it's a great outzone tool, it's super slow, but anything in that aura field is gonna die, hence why it's used to outspace whiffed tilts/aerials/smashes for most chars (great tool against Marth/MK's fair, fsmash/ftilt, dtilt, and smashes, respectively), and covers air dodge really well as a side bonus. Then again, it's pretty hard to get pika with fsmash aside from the edge or reads. Then again there's also the fact that the later Lucario is killed in a MU, the more varied his kill moves become. Stuff like nair and uair are great killers (uair is pretty powerful), and then there's the frame 1 FP grab if they sit in shield for too long. I wish Pika was easier to harass offstage though :p

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I specifically ignore you and you still cant help it :glare:. Even worse your view doesnt conflict with mine, you just have awful wording. Just ignore my posts pleeeeaaase, k?

look in the mirror (ono) afk
Oh look, he's wrong again. :)

Your posts are too fun to make fun of to ignore. :(

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I like pika's speed, but I hate how stubby he is.

I definitely don't like playing against pika's as snake rofl though (unless they're mega predictable). Oh and I guess sheik rofl (why are all these stylin' characters CG'd so baaad?)

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
didnt u beat zeroxius as snake in bracket? lol. snake is not bad, ive played alota snakes in cali that are good and done just fine, but yeah id rather learn that lucar mu. also phil, the tourney this weekend in oregon, whats the deal with it? ive been tellin zero to keep me posted cuz im suppossed to come meet him and play with u guys but hes never active. you having it this weekend?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
yoshi da bess, he gives the cgs but wont recieve and doesnt afraid of anything

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, it's this weekend. We're not sure about the venue, but it sounds like it's at Gage's house

OH, YOU'RE THE FRIEND HE WAS TALKING ABOUT *facepalm*

Yeah, I usually play snake against him b/c I didn't bother to learn the MU as Lucario rofl, and MUs I don't feel comfortable with I just use Snake and pit learning their habits and playsyle against raw brokenness + reads. Plus I wait for his grabs and punish then dthrow tech chase him a lot lol (like I got 60% on him consistently before ftilting him). He's pretty decent at QAC shenanigans, but he kinda leans on those too much. I'm way more afraid of using Snake against Brick though because his edgeguard game is getting kinda nasty, which means I have to C4 a lot to avoid getting thundered rofl.

I'm actually tempted to blow myself up for 40% to avoid getting CG'd, (iirc that's the amount that allows you to get away as snake), at the cost of being potentially camped to death.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I wanna see a top snake with lots of pikachu exp play ESAM.

Not sure how much Ally has. He was pretty good at avoiding cg's for the most part. All the Snakes @ MLG didn't seem to know how to DI thunder -_- they'd just get thunder chained and not DI away.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I wanna see a top snake with lots of pikachu exp play ESAM.

Not sure how much Ally has. He was pretty good at avoiding cg's for the most part. All the Snakes @ MLG didn't seem to know how to DI thunder -_- they'd just get thunder chained and not DI away.
MVD's pretty legit iirc.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
aight cool. wld u mind giving me the address for where the tourneys happening before thursday phil? just post it on my comment wall or somethn, that and also what time is the tourney? i may not be able to stay for the bracket since a friend is driving me wants to go with me to do more stuff in Oregon during the day since we just going for the day.

Top Bottom