• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm with you Roller.

Then again, people in my family are scared I'm gonna have a heart attack by the time I'm 25, so I probably should cut back a little. What's the best steakhouse you have down there?
I seriously drooled. I will be making that at some point this summer. Just need to find people crazy enough to make it with me.

As for the best steakhouse around here.. hmm. Really depends on how far "around here" really is. But there have been VERY few steaks I have not thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not too difficult to please, just give me enough to fill me up, and season it with some good ****; I'll be a happy camper.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I seriously drooled. I will be making that at some point this summer. Just need to find people crazy enough to make it with me.

As for the best steakhouse around here.. hmm. Really depends on how far "around here" really is. But there have been VERY few steaks I have not thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not too difficult to please, just give me enough to fill me up, and season it with some good ****; I'll be a happy camper.
roller we are so singing steak night for apex even if its just going to get a burger. learn dat dance, we doin it

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
....I am so tired of my wii sounding like a lawnmower...I heard that if you call ninty and ask for a discount you may actually get one! *fanfare* I wonder if they would take 40 bucks for what is usually 85 bucks ;/
My friend will be getting me that dsi soon! yay I can stop trying to get my ds to work!

I am somewhat sad that I missed the nintendo world event for platinum nintendo club members because I waited too long to rsvp, I wanted the chance of freebies *foam*
....I started this post with a purpose and then completely lost it......

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I got nintendo down to $40 once. I just said that the cost of parts and the time it takes wasn't worth nearly what they were charging. First call offered me $65, which I refusd and called back later for another issue. I mentioned the same things as before when they asked if there was anything else and they offered me $40. Still turned it down though since you can buy a broken system for less and gut it for parts.

Then again a lot of people aren't comfortable taking their systems apart and it does reset your warranty. They can do it if you pressure them enough.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*Takes notes* Thanks ♥ I'm defiantly not comfortable taking this thing apart.

Personally I'm also planning to sound as pitiful and desperate as I can. I really cant afford the full repair so I'm hoping to get a really nice person. Dang I'm going to have to make sure I don't sound as dry and sarcastic as I usually do.....
Hmm I hope I can get the graphical glitches I have fixed too.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
The crazy thing is that in my experience, 90% of repairs cost less than $5. It takes about half an hour to disassemble and reassemble a system. That's $80 they want to charge for half an hour of work!

Also, does it sound like the noises are coming from the dvd drive or the fans? If it is the drive you might want to consider hooking up a usb drive, at least until you can get the money for repairs.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I had the same issue you did wiscus. I fixed it on my own, its not really that hard. They have videos of it on youtube. It does require caution, however I found the hardest part just to be opening and closing the system for the first time. And as mentioned it does void your warranty.

I would watch the videos on youtube either way so you can see for yourself what the problem is.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1ZQS4UC9g

You do need the triwing though im pretty sure.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, after reading Truth's post I feel like I need to point out that even if you open your system and mess something up they will still repair it for you if you can't (in my experience at least). If they try to charge you for repairs than your warranty is already up, so you really have nothing to lose.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I know I would end up doing something stupid. Or getting cat hair all over the place in the actual system. I aint opening that bad boy up, I did watch a few vids before deciding just to get nintendo to do it, I'm too frightened.

I'm sure its the drive itself and not the fan, my fan is squeaky clean and its only when its running a wii game when I get the noise. My cousins scratched up tp killed it (though its my fault for not noting the HUGE freaking scratch on it)

Im not going to use it until I can get it repaired :( time to actually finish my ps2 games!
on an irrelevant note:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k

Edit: Oh I didnt know that!....but I'm still apprehensive about the whole thing.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Wait. People here. Are going without meat? 0_0

I would die. I have a pact with myself. That whenever I go somewhere that sells steak, I have to get the biggest one on the menu. Usually 16-20 oz.

My avg meal at Wendy's. And this is not an exaggeration. Is 2 half lb doubles with cheese, and 10 pc chicken nuggets with a meal (medium fries and a drink (lemonade))

Whenever I go to burger places I get multiples of their biggest burgers.

I simply could NOT live without meat. And I think you are all crazy for doing so. I'd hate to never have a steak night again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOmCwp7PmI
thats all? **** no wonder you so skinny

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Finally gets to see the edit video: That does look simple. BUT. I. WILL. SCREW. IT UP.
I know I would....:(

edit: I wish I could have the diet of roller and stay skinny. I barley eat most of that within a day and I'm the fattest person here :(
I be neddin that exercise you kids be doing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oomg moblie smash update rocks <3 now I just scroll my color instead tapping the wrong color 3 times in a row @_@

I can't live without meat, but I eat only halal (Muslim slain) meat so I have to go without meat outside. Doesn't matter to me since i love seafood the most(seafood doesn't matter) so I eat that always out.

bigman40

Smash Master
Not really certified for anything yet. It's just one of my ideas to get something going when I get out of college.

Roller, you better have a steak n shake near you or I'ma be really mad.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hello everyone ^_^

Sorry i have been gone for awhile.. ive been really busy. Plus in my free time ive been playing runescape and im just loving it but im not going to let runescape take away what i really care about (yal)

Oh and i went to the beach yesterday and hot sunburn... i hate it lol. But my dad is coming back in 3 days and then on saturday we are going to the beach again but this time with him.

So how have all of you been?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Plus in my free time ive been playing runescape and im just loving it but im not going to let runescape take away what i really care about (yal)
You let it take this place away for awhile then, apparently.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i can't believe you're enjoying it >_>

Is it crowded? Cause I went on maplestory the other day and I didn't see a single soul on SCANIA (first server) and it was the 5th anniversity o-o.. I saw more people on a private server

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I need sum relationship advice

and runescape is a total time/life sucker. Not unlike WoW in that respect... I've really been diggin MH3(tri) lately.

D

Deleted member

****, lol. HavenOt been here in forevs. And lol @ the title.
And at some of the other posts (too lazy to quote any of them) used to only be able to eat meat and cheese, which went on for a few months. I've hated most meat ever since.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah, i play online. Haven't recently due to Finals. My HR is like 4 lol XD

And my problem is: How do i find a diamond in a sea of rocks?

Oh and question about MH3: can healing rounds be used on team mates and how effective is it?

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, i play online. Haven't recently due to Finals. My HR is like 4 lol XD

And my problem is: How do i find a diamond in a sea of rocks?

Oh and question about MH3: can healing rounds be used on team mates and how effective is it?
I actually have to go somewhere pretty quick. So I'll let others start on the more difficult question. But. As far as MH3 goes. Yes, Healing rounds can be used on people you are questing with. And it is very effective and a common practice. HOWEVER. I would advise not doing it when the ally is fighting up close with the monster, in fear of accidentally healing it. Wait until the monster fleas to another area, or for the person to swim/run away from it for whatever reason, then go for it. But yeah, best plan is to wait til it runs/flies/swims away, then tell your comrades to stand still and give the ones who need it a shot or 2.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
thanks at sig comment zero! <3

and roller, we are making the swiss meat roll, dont deny it

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Honestly, I'm not sure if I can give up meat entirely. Giving up red meat's been hard enough...... I messed up two or three times before I was able to remember to say no. x.x

Still gonna do it, though!

I got nintendo down to $40 once.
After working in retail for so long, I've learned that you can get most companies to do pretty much anything within reason. Discounts, free add-ons, getting coupons sent to you...... they want your money, and since they overcharge for almost everything anyway, they're usually willing to work with you a little.

Just can't shoot yourself in the foot by asking for too much.

Personally I'm also planning to sound as pitiful and desperate as I can. I really cant afford the full repair so I'm hoping to get a really nice person. Dang I'm going to have to make sure I don't sound as dry and sarcastic as I usually do.....
Meh, I usually find that sounding firm but not *****y works best. Also, if the first person you talk to says no, it usually works to ask for their supervisor...... higher-ups normally have more power to be flexible anyway.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She lost to Bear in a drinking contest.
Bear then told her to no longer eat red meat.

This is the end result.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
giving up meat is frigin hard, i only lasted a week when i waqs going thru my environmentalist stage.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'm vegan. There's no way I could ever go back to meat. Vegan food is just too good.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Mamasitachu isn't doing our meat pact because she wanted to?
I... I... I dont know what to say.

Lemon Chiffon has never been easier.

Top Bottom