• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
:V hasn't posted here in a while.
TWBB 10 will be out soon and then the title won't be a lie!
Like CHEESECAKE! 8D

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Xiivi would do something like that, lol.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGTWODAYSTILIMOVESOEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta finish packing.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
EEEEEEEE~ DON'T GET ME STARTED! It's another one of my few fangirl buttons, lol.

Anyways, it's Fakir from Princess Tutu (the anime -- the manga sucks, don't even look at it):

Here's the full version of the picture:

Extremely girly anime, but it's so ****ing good. Gets pretty deep and dark later into the series. I recommend it to anybody who isn't afraid to get caught watching a ballet-themed anime.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Shojo~~~ <333
Normally I hate shojo and magical girl genres. Sailor Moon was pretty much the only other exception, but that was 50% nostalgia anyway.

Princess Tutu is good because of the excellent storyline and the way they tied all the themes together. The symbolism, the plot, and the way they wove common ballet stories into the main characters' stories are ridiculously well done. And the music? Ohhh my god if you love classical music..... they matched it with the scenes really well, especially in the first season finale.

Second season fell a bit flat (similar to how Death Note was nowhere near as good second season), but the ending and original plotline running throughout it made up for it. The actual "fight scenes" just got a bit repetitive.

..........I know you didn't ask for any of that, but I went on a tangent, oops. ;;

You should watch Kanon.
It's hilarious.
Orly? I'll look it up. I'm about ready for my yearly anime series that I actually finish. (My sister watches a lot, but I'm not a fan of most anime, tbh.)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Orly? I'll look it up. I'm about ready for my yearly anime series that I actually finish. (My sister watches a lot, but I'm not a fan of most anime, tbh.)
Yeah, I don't watch too much anime. I do make it a point, however, to finish whatever it is I started. I think the last anime that I had to force myself through to the end was Soul Eater. Not that it wasn't BAD, but I just kinda lost interest after the first half of the series' run through.

Kloz, what IS your favorite anime, then?

Personally, I love Black Lagoon the most. Buying the box set for the series was the best move I've ever made for an anime. It's a Seinen that just hits a wee bit close to home. It's probably why I like it so much.

PS: Oh, and it was pseudo-sarcasm, Kloz. Kanon is full of WAFF, but it's counter-balanced by a cubic ****ton of sad.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kloz, what IS your favorite anime, then?
Princess Tutu. =X Second favorite is GetBackers (manga's better, tho), followed closely by Death Note.

The only series I've watched (that I can think of off the top of my head) are:

Princess Tutu
GetBackers
Death Note
Chobits
Sailor Moon
Naruto (love the manga.... the anime is meh)
Fruits Basket
Ouran High School Host Club
DN Angel
A few episodes of Peach Girl
~Half of Bleach
Some DBZ back in the day

Manga I've read are GetBackers and Naruto. I tried to read Princess Tutu after I saw the anime (the manga was created afterwards), but it's so horrible. I stopped after the first volume.

EDIT: Oh, I also read the KH manga series, but I don't think that really counts. x.x

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol. I'll admit to having actually liked Ouran for its story...
...but not for the fan service. Every time it happened, I got this awkward vibe, and prayed no one would enter the room until that part was over.

I don't read manga, actually. The only series I've read are One Piece, Black Lagoon, Inumimi, and that Metroid manga.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
KayLo, I love you. Death Note IS THE ****!

I love the manga and the anime.

For me it's:

DBZ
Death Note
Love Hina (manga only)
Negima (still going, but I love it)
Naruto (manga, but it's really losing my interest now)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
yayyyyyy getbackers
GetBackers*

+1!

Just messin with you. We still need to re-watch it together. ;-;

lol. I'll admit to having actually liked Ouran for its story...
...but not for the fan service. Every time it happened, I got this awkward vibe, and prayed no one would enter the room until that part was over.

I don't read manga, actually. The only series I've read are One Piece, Black Lagoon, Inumimi, and that Metroid manga.
I'm not a big fan of manga either..... but a lot of the time, anime series cut out important parts of the story, like they did with GetBackers. I can't stand not knowing the real, original plot. ><

Ouran was all right. It was too silly for no reason a lot of the time, though..... the blond dude (I forget his name -- the main guy) got on my ****ing nerves.

KayLo, I love you. Death Note IS THE ****!
****. Uhhh, I don't like Death Note anymore. :urg:

Jk, <333 L. The first season was ridiculously good.

Naruto needs to just end already. It's really good, but even good things gotta end sometime. The plot's stupid now. x.x

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I started reading the Naruto anime where I left off in the manga .... wow I wrote that wrong.

Started reading the MANGA from where I left off in the ANIME (stopped watching in Jan 2009 due to ****ty computer)

It was interesting for a while, but the most recent-ish chapters are both confusing and stupid.

Maybe I should watch Bleach from where I left off (also in January) hmmm..
I tried reading the Bleach manga from where I left off but it was too hard to find the chapter so I was like "mehsicles"

death note ftw

Higurashi ftw

elfen lied for the naked bloody win

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
elfen lied for the naked bloody win
I saw the first episode of Elfen Lied and wanted to watch more, but it was On Demand, so it was dubbed. :(

And I hate dubbed anime. Haven't had a chance or remembered to watch it since.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Last edited by KayLo!; Today at 03:38 PM. Reason: use spoiler tags, failface.
quoted for truth >:O

...I've had so many random shows I've never heard of / will probably never watch spoiled. :D

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Higurashi......those memories will never leave me.

I liked duel masters SO? YOU GOT A PROBLEM?
Idk I thought it was kinda funny when I was lil

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
WHO'S THE KID WITH THE SPIKY HAIRRRRR? SHOBU
I loved that show so much. I played the game too. I play almost every card game that comes out. :/ Cept Bakugan. That **** looks gay. lol

altairian

Smash Lord
Do I see an anime discussion? Oh my allow me to join in xD

Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch Code Geass. It's simply amazing. Whenever someone used to ask me what my favorite anime was, I'd list off like 5 that came to my mind immediately because I have a huge list of anime that are all a tie in terms of enjoyment for me. Code Geass is the first anime that when I finished watching I could definitively say that it's my favorite, and it's remained my favorite for a year and like 10+ more series watched.

I nearly posted before reading the rest of the thread when I saw Espy say Kanon was funny lol. It has funny parts but yeah...definitely not a comedy :p I was actually thinking about that show a couple nights ago, it's the show that really opened my eyes to "emotional" (for lack of a better term) anime. It's a really well done show, and I'm glad I watched it because I find myself preferring shows like Clannad and Toradora! over "guy" anime nowadays.

Anyways, if anyone ever needs recommendations for anime, I'm your guy. ;)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Do I see an anime discussion? Oh my allow me to join in xD

Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch Code Geass. It's simply amazing. Whenever someone used to ask me what my favorite anime was, I'd list off like 5 that came to my mind immediately because I have a huge list of anime that are all a tie in terms of enjoyment for me. Code Geass is the first anime that when I finished watching I could definitively say that it's my favorite, and it's remained my favorite for a year and like 10+ more series watched.

I nearly posted before reading the rest of the thread when I saw Espy say Kanon was funny lol. It has funny parts but yeah...definitely not a comedy :p I was actually thinking about that show a couple nights ago, it's the show that really opened my eyes to "emotional" (for lack of a better term) anime. It's a really well done show, and I'm glad I watched it because I find myself preferring shows like Clannad and Toradora! over "guy" anime nowadays.

Anyways, if anyone ever needs recommendations for anime, I'm your guy. ;)
Code Geass was ok...=D I'm kidding! I enjoyed it a lot! I always say that Code Geass is like Death Note with Mechs.

Princess Tutu. =X Second favorite is GetBackers (manga's better, tho), followed closely by Death Note.

The only series I've watched (that I can think of off the top of my head) are:

Princess Tutu
GetBackers
Death Note
Chobits
Sailor Moon
Naruto (love the manga.... the anime is meh)
Fruits Basket
Ouran High School Host Club
DN Angel
A few episodes of Peach Girl
~Half of Bleach
Some DBZ back in the day

Manga I've read are GetBackers and Naruto. I tried to read Princess Tutu after I saw the anime (the manga was created afterwards), but it's so horrible. I stopped after the first volume.

EDIT: Oh, I also read the KH manga series, but I don't think that really counts. x.x
All those series are awesome! =D

My obligatory anime collection picture.

It was a huge thing, around 6k people. It wasn't normal church, lol.

Btw, I was on the 4th row from the front. :3
That is effing awesome! I wish my church had Flyleaf perform.

Kaylo! Make Kenny register for Pound!

altairian

Smash Lord
Code Geass was ok...=D I'm kidding! I enjoyed it a lot! I always say that Code Geass is like Death Note with Mechs.
lol, yeah on the surface I'd agree with that. Code Geass doesn't get really random and wonky in the middle/end like Death Note does though. And it's one of the very, very few shows that the ending doesn't suck or is completely expected.

edit: someone wifi me I need more practice!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you should work on throwing more thunder jolts and less controllers.

Top Bottom