• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Code Geass? Meh.
I got bored of it. Though some episodes were pretty awesome, it just didn't interest me over all.

I just reminded myself that I need to finish watching Shakugan no Shana, and start watching Haruhi again. ****it.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Oh an Anime conversation!
uh..*realizes that most of the anime that I watch is obscure/hated/lolwhut/old/boring to most*

Well...ummm ya'll should watch Genuis party, Paprika, *cough Dragon half*cough and I am in love with Windy tales.....I realize that while I like anime, I don't watch much of it.
It's mostly because I have no stable internet......baaww!

I've been neglecting Japanese anime and have been watching Russian and French animation lately...why is there no Alexander Petrov dvd collection!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Wiscus there is this one French cartoon about a detective with a pet squirrel that was pretty cool. I used to watch that when i was like 6, lol.

Code Geass is legit wtf you talkin bout Espy? And yeah go finish Shakugan no Shana (both seasons were good imo) and Haruhi (endless eight was a kick in the sack). I havent really seen much anime lately so yeah as much as I would like to jump on the discussion imma sit this one out. Also here´s my anime record, Alt has his on his sig so imma put mine up on this post.
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/automatic/anime

Also if any Mexican peeps in here can tell me what super campeones (a soccer anime/manga) was called in English (or Japanese for that matter) that would be greatly appreciated.

My vacation has been legit. I went cliff climbing at the beach yesterday, amazing views of the coast and all that jazz. Hawaii aint got **** on mah hometown in Mexico yo!

EDIT: its 80 degrees outside right now =P. Have fun in your snow guys!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Code Geass is legit wtf you talkin bout Espy? And yeah go finish Shakugan no Shana (both seasons were good imo) and Haruhi (endless eight was a kick in the sack).
1. Code Geass was dull and had mechs, just like 90% of anime. Not interested. The only reason I feel it's any good is because it runs with several effective cookie cutters at once.
2. Endless Eight is the reason I stopped watching it, actually.

I love anime, but my true love will always be the American cartoons...and animated films like Jungledyret <333

altairian

Smash Lord
Wiscus there is this one French cartoon about a detective with a pet squirrel that was pretty cool. I used to watch that when i was like 6, lol.

Code Geass is legit wtf you talkin bout Espy? And yeah go finish Shakugan no Shana (both seasons were good imo) and Haruhi (endless eight was a kick in the sack). I havent really seen much anime lately so yeah as much as I would like to jump on the discussion imma sit this one out. Also here´s my anime record, Alt has his on his sig so imma put mine up on this post.
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/automatic/anime

Also if any Mexican peeps in here can tell me what super campeones (a soccer anime/manga) was called in English (or Japanese for that matter) that would be greatly appreciated.

My vacation has been legit. I went cliff climbing at the beach yesterday, amazing views of the coast and all that jazz. Hawaii aint got **** on mah hometown in Mexico yo!

EDIT: its 80 degrees outside right now =P. Have fun in your snow guys!
*glances at auto's list*

...auto, cardcaptor sakura, don't do it! One of the very few shows I just couldn't finish and have no desire to ever watch again. It's made for a very young audience, and it'll probably bore you to tears after the first few episodes =\

Espy, I really don't know how you can find Code Geass dull. It starts out with him making like a whole platoon of soldiers shoot themselves in the head (that's like the second episode, not a spoiler :p ), how can you not be intrigued by the possibilities of what he does throughout the rest of the series? lol
And nowhere near 90% of anime has mechs, try looking up better anime ;)

edit: dammit wiscus, I just looked up the anime you listed and now my want to watch list is even bigger. Do you know how long it's gonna take me to watch all this stuff?! ><

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, I really don't know how you can find Code Geass dull. It starts out with him making like a whole platoon of soldiers shoot themselves in the head (that's like the second episode, not a spoiler :p ), how can you not be intrigued by the possibilities of what he does throughout the rest of the series? lol
And nowhere near 90% of anime has mechs, try looking up better anime ;)
Well it's easy:

1. His power is cookie cutter
2. His personality is cookie cutter
3. The plot is cookie cutter

Bleh.

And yes, I've watched GeASS (lol). I watched the first twenty episodes before realizing I could be having more fun watching Black Lagoon again.

Oh, and the mech comment was sarcasm. Of course I know that.

altairian

Smash Lord
I...have not seen any shows/movies where someone has the power to compel a person to do anything they ask. o_O I guess there's telepathy like in X-men and stuff, but typically that's not used for mind control :p

His personality is only "cookie cutter" because of Death Note. I can't think of any other really popular anti-hero shows/movies, and I don't think I've really seen any good anti-hero stories other than those two.

Plot, meh, I'll give you that. I think that there's plenty of stuff that happens within the plot that isn't cookie cutter, though.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Had an all-night Smashfest/bday/crew gathering.... thing, so it's multiquote time:

Code Geass.
I wanna watch this. I don't really like mechs, though, so I'm afraid I won't like it.

I started watching Full Metal Panic! and thought it was all right, but once the robots came in..... I was done. Space, robots, any kind of mechs or military-type stuff just turns me off. :urg: Gundam Wing ftl.

If a church ended it's day with Flyleaf and Skillet I'd go D=
Ahh!! My friend just used Skillet's song "Rebirthing" for an AMV. (Probably the only AMV I've actually liked, mind you..... usually they're ********.) I really like that song, and now I associate it with Kingdom Hearts -- so you know what that means. <333

Is that sound typical for them? I might see what else they got.

Kaylo! Make Kenny register for Pound!
Kenny, register for Pound 4. Stop procrastinating. >=(

*still hasn't done it*

I might not enter singles now. Just doubles and spectating.

OH YEAH, that and Werekill's pic remind me that although I haven't seen a ton of anime series, I have watched quite a few anime movies. Mostly Miyazaki films and a few random others. (Paprika was ****ing weird but great, btw.)

@Werekill: Porco Rosso was really good. Howl's Moving Castle is another one of my favorites..... still gotta see Ponyo.

I wasn't as fond of Totoro as most people seem to be, tho. :(

I'm so jealous. Glad you're having fun, tho. ;-; Take me with you next time!

you sir can go jusp of a bridge into your clear warm wat...............

you know what go get hit by a truck <.<
Lol. I love Kyoshi's random ***hole humor.

MOVING INTO MY APARTMENT TOMORROW OMG SO EXCITED!!!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
My friend started listening to them recently too apparently which is cool cause usually they're pretty anti-rock. They sent me an Otep song once too which made me go "awuuuuh?"

Check out Whispers in the Dark and Open Wounds. 2 favorite songs easy. Even if the second is kinda emo and by kinda emo I mean TOTALLY emo.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Terios: Sweet. I'll check out a few more of their songs.

They seem like they do the kind of rock that appeals to not hardcore rock fans. I dunno. I just liked the pretty melody of Rebirthing, didn't pay attention to the lyrics much.

Hey, you must be talking about anime!
Way to classify a whole genre that's made up of a ton of subgenres. :dizzy: That's like saying all American cartoons are X, Y, or Z. Go watch better anime!

altairian

Smash Lord
I wanna watch this. I don't really like mechs, though, so I'm afraid I won't like it.

I started watching Full Metal Panic! and thought it was all right, but once the robots came in..... I was done. Space, robots, any kind of mechs or military-type stuff just turns me off. :urg: Gundam Wing ftl.
Code Geass is NOTHING like Gundam Wing. The focus is largely on the manipulation of people and the overall tactics of the rebellion moreso than mech A fights mech B for 20 minutes (there is some of that, but it's not the focus of the show at all). If you like Death Note then I think you'll like this, but then again I really liked Full Metal Panic! too so maybe I like mecha more than I realize (I hate the gundam wing type shows though). Military stuff does play a pretty big part though cause it's kind of the story of a rebellion against an empire, lol

If you're worried about mechs ruining your enjoyment of the show, try out Eureka Seven first. That show is even less mecha action and more story than Code Geass is, so that might help you ease your way in to the mecha action parts.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Anyone who likes mechs much watch GaoGaiGar or TTGL.

Anyone who wants to like mechs much watch GaoGaiGar or TTGL

Anyone who doesnt like mechs much watch GaoGaiGar or TTGL

These are the greatest mech animes ever. more so GGG.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Loooooooove Kloz.
<333

Hey, you must be talking about anime!
Way to classify a whole genre that's made up of a ton of subgenres. :dizzy: That's like saying all American cartoons are X, Y, or Z. Go watch better anime!
This.

Anyone who likes mechs much watch GaoGaiGar or TTGL.

Anyone who wants to like mechs much watch GaoGaiGar or TTGL

Anyone who doesnt like mechs much watch GaoGaiGar or TTGL

These are the greatest mech animes ever. more so GGG.
Goddanar was hilarious.

PS: The only mech anime I've ever enjoyed was probably Evangelion, but only for the cluster****ery it creates half of the time.

Eureka 7 was also bleh.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
It could have applied to whatever subgenre they belonged to ya know.

Anyways, keep enjoying yer shows. I'm really just jealous that I can't get absorbed into a "good" anime like I used too :(

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Kenny, what happened to our wifi dubs yesterday or whenever it was? D:

I need some happy.
To the pikaxat! I haven't been there much recently.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey guys. Someone might've said this already, but TWBB episode 10 will, WILL :mad: :mad: be out on Friday at noon EST.

I'll try to keep up with this thread from now on >_>

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Why? You don't even use Pikachu.
You're only here because I linked you to the perverted tier list. :l

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
oh god you're tripping so hard even sakurai is rethinking his inclusion of tripping in Brawl.
I would agree, if it weren't for the fact that Goddanar has boobs the size of my head. <_<
Lol @ me returning to Pikachu forums for once.

altairian

Smash Lord
It could have applied to whatever subgenre they belonged to ya know.

Anyways, keep enjoying yer shows. I'm really just jealous that I can't get absorbed into a "good" anime like I used too :(
I'm glad I don't have this problem. XD
My problem is I'm running out of good anime that I haven't seen =\

altairian

Smash Lord
Doesn't Detective Conan have over 500 episodes and it's still going? As much as I liked watching Case Closed on CN a few years back...that's just absurd.

Top Bottom