• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Thor

Smash Champion
In Magic's defense, Zendikar was kind of a broken set (I never played it in, but I have a single Stoneforge Mystic and a Batterskull (it's foily! my only more impressive foil is Tamiyo, the Moon Sage)) so I know that's busted to hell, as is Jace, The Mind Sculpter). The recent sets aren't as bad as that, where sideboards can wholly invalidate a deck (closest thing is deicide to mono blue, and that's only if you can also follow up with a board wipe).

I have not seen control deck jons around here because I run Maze's End. Instead the few true control decks jon about me XD (essentially, my deck needs to play all 10 of a cycle of land called Gates, and when I use this card called Maze's End, it has 3 tap return to hand, search for a gate land card and put on the battlefield, then if you control 10 or more gates with different names you win the game - then I just run board wipes like Supreme Verdict (Day of Judgment + can't be countered) and Detention Sphere (Oblivion Ring but hits all permanents of the same name) and Abrupt Decay (destroy target non-land permanent CMC 3 or less, can't be countered) and blow stuff up while I play land and infuriate my opponents. I also run Hero's Downfall (destroy target creature or planeswalker - instant for 3 mana) so that I can deal with arguably the best card in the format, and the win condition for control, Elspeth, Sun's Champion).

However, I do know about control jons (Delver + Thunderous Wrath + Geist = Ew god...) and so I more often play sealed and limited (my deck rotates in like a month or two anyway, whenever the set after M15 is out).

Did not know Vale and I were about same age.

Can I see a photo of KayLo! post-op? There's a photo of him on the first page, back when he was still a gross, icky girl, but I doubt he looks exactly the same, so...

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
I enjoyed Zendikar block more than my limited experience with the Fae format. I'm thinking of trying out Cockatrice and would like somebody to test out Modern. I'd be interested in seeing your deck and seeing how some of my more casual decks from Worldwake hold up.

edit: for outside readers/thor if the answer is no: Cockatrice is a downloadable MTG simulator

Last edited:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
God bless you Thor LOL.
I'm definitely gonna go see guardians this weekend at some point.
Sure would make up for that movie night. :/
I see you throwing shade Leaf. :glare: Week after this one I'll stream.

Thor

Smash Champion
Maaaaaaaaaan said:
Leaf taking shots WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE.
C'mon, do you really think Leaf. will drink too much tequila and get lethal alcohol poisoning?

Have never seen Sharknado, and not sure what guardians people are talking about.

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I come back from work just to catch the latter end of this. so ded. KayLo! be my bf/gf plz

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Marrying Nowi for any reason other than Nah is the worst. Avatar is Grima and dies if you still haven't finished.

You could AT LEAST marry Panne. Though the correct choice is Walhart. Cherche is also acceptable.

Nathan Fillion has a line in Gaurdians, so maybe. Probably not.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Thank you for looking out for me. These "basic *******" sound like trouble, whatever they are. We'll meet up once you've taken care of your problem.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh geez, Magic and ****** humor. It's super effective. Here comes the INPO.

I was recently informed that Modern is the new go-to tournament style and will be trying this out soon.
If you want to actually have fun, Commander is god tier. Accept no substitutes.

I guess if you want to make some cash or something, Modern, sure, whatever.

I'm post-op, doesn't count. Embarrass
You either mean a sex change or else I have no idea what you're talking about...
Can I see a photo of KayLo! post-op? There's a photo of him on the first page, back when he was still a gross, icky girl, but I doubt he looks exactly the same, so...
lmfao
I never thought I'd die like this, I'm too sleepy to be reading and laughing like this
Someone post a picture of Brittney Griner for him
My sides. My sides. Goddammit stahp.
And then you did.

Magic needs a real personality for me to care about it still.
You ever seen an Izzet?

I recommend seeing an Izzet.

there are a bunch of books (that i've never had the patience to read) for Magic detailing quests of planeswalkers, and it could be a similar connection that some people have to the game that we have to the pokemon universe.
The people you're referring to are called Vorthos players, and as one of them I will vouch that is the case.
And of course Vorthos is a silly name, what the hell were you expecting.

In Magic's defense, Zendikar was kind of a broken set... as is Jace, The Mind Sculpter.

...Elspeth, Sun's Champion.

...I more often play sealed and limited.
Let's get this out of the way. I bought FTV:20 and the Modern Event Deck. I have both of those. Also I'm still salty about being poor as **** when Zendikar came out, and if and when I get rich as **** for my first trick I'm going to buy stacks of Zendikar block boxes and go nucking futs.

But you wanna talk a broken format? I cut my teeth in Mirrodin Standard. That was some broken ****.

This all said all I play anymore is Sealed and Commander.

Week after this one I'll stream.
Sweeeeet.

Marrying Nowi for any reason other than Nah is the worst. Avatar is Grima and dies if you still haven't finished.

You could AT LEAST marry Panne. Though the correct choice is Walhart. Cherche is also acceptable.

Nathan Fillion has a line in Gaurdians, so maybe. Probably not.
Marrying Nowi for Nah is the best, it all evens out.

The Grimleal outfit was a hell of a tip-off.

Panne is a terrible choice. Yarne is a useless ****. Walhart is wasteful but acceptable. Cherche is not your wife, she is your side-piece.

I hear Guardians is actually pretty awesome. Too bad I'm broke.

I'm going to make popcorn and pass out now.

Expletive.

Thor

Smash Champion
redfeatherraven said:
Let's get this out of the way. I bought FTV:20 and the Modern Event Deck. I have both of those. Also I'm still salty about being poor as **** when Zendikar came out, and if and when I get rich as **** for my first trick I'm going to buy stacks of Zendikar block boxes and go nucking futs.

But you wanna talk a broken format? I cut my teeth in Mirrodin Standard. That was some broken ****.

This all said all I play anymore is Sealed and Commander.
Infect, as well as Stoneforge Mystic being a card at the same time as Batterskull, were two rather large mistakes. It's a lot better now (or at least people aren't going "infect elf, pass, untap, mutagenic growth*4, any other pump spell for game" - there are still two strong aggressive decks in the format, but they are not killing before turn 5 unless some incredible hand comes their way)

Also, if I get rich, I want to buy stacks of Worldwake and go nuts as well.

Also nice censor dodge.

@ Vale if you [or anyone else, I guess] would like to see my decklist, click on this URL: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-07-14-cEZ-mazes-end/?c=1519664 I think it should link you to my decklist on Tappedout.net. My deck performs rather average at FNM (I usually go 2-1, 2-2, or 3-1 if there are 3 or 4 rounds - if there are enough control decks or my deck performs well, the deck can perform better than that, but it is of course region-dependent). Note that this is a standard deck, not a Modern deck.

Also, Modern is kind of expensive, at least if you want to build a strong modern deck (not saying standard isn't, but this deck was assembled almost entirely from the cards acquired via Draft and Sealed format, so the cost of making this deck was for me about $7 - I did trade to get a few of the cards in there, but I didn't buy anything in that deck except the Merciless Eviction, Slaughter Games, Notion Thief, and Pithing Needle, which were all 50 cents to $1 rare cards when I got them).

Last edited:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Biggest flaw I see to that deck is that if one of your gates gets blown up there goes your win condition.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm lost with this card ****. :urg:
I come back from work just to catch the latter end of this. so ded. KayLo! be my bf/gf plz
Only if you know how to treat a boy-girl right. =3
So what movie are you gonna be streaming for us anyways, Kaylo?
Prob still Lego Movie unless enough people want something diff.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Greets from work.

Infect was fine, affinity was broken.

Maze's end deck runs lots of mazes and fetch or it dies.

Card **** loses lots of people.

Sharknado is better for drunken snark than the Lego Movie.

I don't want to know what cjecming is.

**** quotes I'm on a phone.

That substitute icon should be official.

That is all.

Thor

Smash Champion
Phantom Gamer said:
Biggest flaw I see to that deck is that if one of your gates gets blown up there goes your win condition.
A) Very little land destruction is actually run, making this issue usually non-existent.
B) They have to exile it, or Elixir of Immortality and Bow of Nylea can both put it back in the deck
C) Crackling Perimeter and Vraska the Unseen serve as alternate win conditions, and Selesynia Charm can help push through damage with the assassin tokens even if they have blockers. If I had even one Elspeth, Sun's Champion, that would be a third alternate win condition, but I rarely buy individual cards and I didn't play a lot of Theros or get super-lucky with pulls, so I have none.

KayLo! said:
Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm lost with this card ****. :urg:
Now you know how I feel when people talk about their mythical dates or Fire Emblem or something else I don't get.

redfeatherraven said:
Infect was fine, affinity was broken.
Maze's end deck runs lots of mazes and fetch or it dies.
Infect could get turn 3 wins with surprising efficiency, and could turn 2 KO. Affinity was apparently more consistent though (got Arcbound Ravager banned from that block constructed set...).

My deck runs 4X Maze's End (lots of Mazes), which is 4 fetch cards, and I also use Gatecreeper Vine to dig for the right colors early on. I don't actually need more fetch than that, because I have to replay the Maze every turn so fetching to hand isn't that good, and there aren't many cards that fetch non-basics to the battlefield, which makes fetching most not helpful. If Rites of Flourishing was in the format, I'd just Turbo Fog like everyone else, because that's double the land and 2 draws = tons more likely to keep a hand full of Fog and/or Supreme Verdict. This deck was also better when Terminus was legal.

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
I dislike EDH because it's so much more expensive than the other format. Technically, I do own the cards needed for a decent blue control, but those cards are sleeved and placed in toploaders.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
PG's choices of marriage in FE so far make me cringe, but the fact that i love him and we are friends makes me still my tounge. chrom x sully and nowi x stahl. my heart pg plz stop wrenching it.

that being said i feel really agitated when playing FE:A because everytime i want to reclass its a chore of decision making and trying to figure out what to pass down to my kid. //wrists because at chapter 13 but no second seals and want lucina to have galeforce before she joins

Top Bottom