• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I won a tourney on campus going all random except for the match I played against my friend.

EDIT: I won a $50 Gamestop gift card I'll use to buy either Pokemon Y or Etrian Odyssey: Untold (leaning towards the latter tbh). I also won a Mario speed run contest at the same event but I'm saving that gift card for Link Between Worlds which is a definite buy.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
This thing was a cakewalk with some good lookin' pie thrown in there. It was all scrubs except for my friend who I had to play in the first round, a Yoshi who kinda had a clue and this one girl who played a really flashy ZSS.
The people running this thing were kinda grimy though since they had a couple of games and the staff members participated in the games they were good at. By the end of the night the Halo dude got his gift card, the Mario Kart guy got his, the Guitar Hero guy got his and so forth except for the Smasher and Mario speed run dudes. I ended up kinda running the Smash tourney for the guy once he was eliminated since he kinda didn't want to be there after he was eliminated (his facial expression was like :urg: throughout the night after losing to the Yoshi).

Angiance

Smash Lord
A cakewalk eh? It's to be expected though, not many "good" brawlers exist (not in my area anyways). He lost to Yoshi so he got that upset? You must've laughed at him little.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Smash campus tourney that are run by the `gaming club` tend to be ran by naive smashers
Rather ones who might know their stuff but don't know the bigger scene
Or plain casuals who like hosting tourneys

My campus is having a campus tourney this Saturday in which Brawl/Melee/P:M are included
The FB description is really vague saying 4-stock all games and no rule set
Or even prize

I don't remember any of our scene attending my campus since I haven't seen Tree on in a long time
So I'm expecting this to run awkwardly
In a nut shell, if I was a bit more confident, I'd say free prize for me, but I'd rather hang with my friends
(and they win the prize)

Angiance

Smash Lord
And then while you're there, you probably think somethin' like "It's better then nothing," although...it is disappointing when the brawlers can't even tech, or PS well, or, worst of all, turn out to be C-Stick spammers. Still fun though (friends and stuff)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nakat goes to my campus's stuff, so it's no fun.
Blah, that's how local tournies were for me too.

Most of the PA Brawl crew all live in the same area and got into tournaments around the same time, so I couldn't even win the ****ty local stuff unless I found something no one knew about and didn't tell.

Got second at the first GameCrazy tourney I went to, then that was it. **** sucked.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just play the game. Seeing how I placed 2nd in a tournament (on campus), I don't feel different compared to the actual ones. I like how most of guys I beated we're good at what they do, and I guess I got lucky beating an olimar player because he got too nervous. That guy who beated me with wolf knows the match-up better than I do, so I enjoyed the match a lot more compared to the rest.

I forgot to mention that I walked 9 miles for a smashfest. It was better than staying at the house doing nothing, really.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't mind going, Beros. Sounds like good times. I need to spruce up on Doctor Mario in Melee anyways.

We could all hang out somewhere afterwards, since UTSA tourneys don't last long at all (hopefully). 4 stock Brawl won't be so bad if I just go Ganon or Snake though.

Jobs are easy. You're just a lazy ****. :applejack:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Smash campus tourney that are run by the `gaming club` tend to be ran by naive smashers...
The guy running the tourney was Lawrence's protege so he knew his stuff with rules and stuff.
Looking for a job is almost impossible here.
Do you live in a crater that is full of toxic **** and doesn't let you do anything?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
That's true, I doubt the turn out would be that big to last that long. Just gonna re-make sure my Saturday is free.
I could pick you, Prime, and Slush up (if they're interested)
-- then afterwards if we can we could chill at Slush's since it's fairly there in the area

Vale

Smash Ace
it is disappointing when the brawlers can't even tech, or PS well, or, worst of all, turn out to be C-Stick spammers.
Ike confirmed for Grand Finals every time.

In other news, my friends found of Project M existed and never want to play Brawl anymore, meaning I get to reform all of my bad habits by going against Lv9 CPUs.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
And more fun. You forgot the more fun part -- especially compared to playing vs lvl 9s in Brawl, ew.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sweet jesus Klo, have you played against an Ivysaur?
She is the exact, polar opposite of fun. It's worse than Olimar. Or Ice Climbers. Or Meta Knight.
Or Melee Fox. :applejack:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My point was, if he really has no one else to play Brawl with, maybe he should give P:M a try with his friends since that's what they've migrated to.

I think you're taking what I actually suggested a bit too seriously lol. Although if Brawl hasn't evolved much since I quit, I don't think timeouts and campfests are very fun either. /shrug

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually timed out a guy in Melee last weekend at a tournament. He immediately called me a six lettered 'f' word after the game.

I had a good laugh.

P:M Ivysaur is worse than Brawl. I kid you not. PMBR couldn't balance a helmet on their head if they tried.:applejack:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just thinking about timeouts makes me rage, so here's another Sims 3 update. :mad: !

Bull**** filler line for the ghost collapse.

Week 1 has already started drama.... we have a love triangle going on!

- It all started with Karina being ~auto's first WooHoo towards his Master Romancer Lifetime Wish. (no) Felt too weird capping the actual event, but here's when I knew it was too late. I shouldn't've bought that damn hot tub. ;;
- I thought ~auto would be the heartbreaker of the situation, but Karina quickly set her sights on Prime next, which didn't make ~auto too happy when he saw them flirting in the study. (You just got done working out btw, hence the uhh.... stink fumes.)
- Eventually ~auto's jealousy got the best of him, and now he loses major friendship points with Karina every time he sees her flirting with Prime.
- Bobby & I had to escape all the drama with a spa day.

As for other news:

- ~auto, Thrz, Aaron, and Danny have reached 1-star Celebrity (Fame Leecher) status. ~auto for befriending existing celebs, Thrz for discovering new space **** and winning ranked chess matches, Aaron for cooking for the stars, and Danny for fixing a celebrity's broken stereo.
- Karina reached 2-star Celebrity (Notable Figure) status by befriending celebrities and throwing a few epic parties. Thanks to you guys, we now have paparazzi stalking around the house all the time. >=(
- Danny got the classic - toilet - trap, but him & Bobby are otherwise becoming best friends.
- Karina hired an executive butler for the house, but they do NOT get along. Almost everyday, one of Karina's wishes is to yell at or insult her. x.x
- Aaron already completed his Lifetime Wish (The Culinary Librarian), which might be why he has so much free time to be a woman-stealer. =X
- Thrz got boo'd at the most recent party for wearing the wrong attire. He's always wearing the wrong outfit (clothes in the pool, etc.) because of his insane trait, but I didn't think it'd actually offend people lol.

Random caps of our fun little household:

- ~auto skinnydipping (during which Bobby pranked him by stealing his clothes): http://i.imgur.com/Dz6QB2B.jpg
- Enjoying a house meal cooked by Prime: http://i.imgur.com/QgPJ9Nt.jpg
- Bobby randomly using the "I Can Fly!" action to show off: http://i.imgur.com/ZrJv9X8.jpg
- Thrz painting the creepiest pic: http://i.imgur.com/L0k5ndM.jpg
- Prime & I enjoying an outdoor lunch: http://i.imgur.com/1JUhrWb.jpg
- ~auto starting to learn the Mixology skill (& breaking bottles): http://i.imgur.com/BengWOe.jpg
- A late-night post-party meal: http://i.imgur.com/HFDY0Sc.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/vTQO6#0

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The point of playing Melee is looking cool for the homies and Mel. You and that Fox dude are both fungi.

Vale

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've tried P:M once or twice over the past month. So far, my favourite characters to play as are Ivysaur and Pikachu, but I also enjoy Mario and seem to do better with him.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
- Karina hired an executive butler for the house, but they do NOT get along. Almost everyday, one of Karina's wishes is to yell at or insult her. x.x

- Thrz got boo'd at the most recent party for wearing the wrong attire. He's always wearing the wrong outfit (clothes in the pool, etc.) because of his insane trait, but I didn't think it'd actually offend people lol.

- Enjoying a house meal cooked by Prime: http://i.imgur.com/QgPJ9Nt.jpg

- Bobby randomly using the "I Can Fly!" action to show off: http://i.imgur.com/ZrJv9X8.jpg

- Thrz painting the creepiest pic: http://i.imgur.com/L0k5ndM.jpg
- It's not the butler's fault. Prime's just the Alpha Pika and all the ladies wanna be with the Alpha of the group. ;)

- Where was Prime during this party? Getting more ladies?

- Sketti!!!

- You sure he's not performing the "I'm possessed!" action?

- It's so cute tho.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Top Bottom