• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
dont use fsmash for purples. use dtilt, its too easy for olimar to punish a fsmash on purples. im really starting to do some work in the olimar matchup, i think i may have some ideas that will work. we shall see if/when i play fino in the next tourney

also popped a brand new tire today coming home >< so pissed, i get to waste time AND money tomorrow getting it fixed

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There was a terrible pun here, but in my mercy I gave it a full minute before its elimination.

Hail the mercy of the shades, I suppose.

Meanwhile, trying to soak up as much of the Oli talk as possible. Got roflstomped by one at tourney and looking to put on a better show next time.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Happened once or twice, a long time ago.

Coincidentally, nice find. That guy's got a few more good vids.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
And then Zajice was a soothsayer, what a great post.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's not that ironic, is it?
It seems like a fair case could be made for it being historical irony. I'll try to be as brief as possible with my presentation.

At the time of the post, all of the media tie-ins for MLP had shown since at least the mid-80's that it was perfectly okay to sip tea in a passenger car aboard the 8:15 ****heap Quality Express bound for ****-If-We-Caresville.

That's a trend that had continued for 25 years unabated and it wasn't looking like it was going to stop soon, leaving the one sociologically excusable reason for enjoying the franchise as being a girl of some mid-single-digit age. Hence it's a fair bet that at the time it was a valid and effective insult, and it was likely used as such in a gently nudging way. Or perhaps not so gentle. What the hell do I know, I'm new here.

However, looking back on it from our present timeframe, somewhere between 14 months after its utterance and the present day, that statement suddenly becomes true for none other than the one who uttered it. Not to mention many of the other active members of the board. And perhaps even Anther himself, although I don't know that for a fact personally. Again, new here.

In brief, a statement intended to be false in an insulting manner came true for the insulter and a boatload of his colleagues.

You could wring the irony out of that and fill a ****ing bathtub, son.

Another good example of irony is claiming to be as brief as possible while instead expounding the hell out of everything. I believe this would specifically fall under "situational irony."

Look who's being a smartass today. Hey, it's me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
No one cares, red. :applejack:
Espy, you seem to be confusing me for a man who gives a ****.

No harm done, it's a common mistake.

So it's like "at least I didn't get wet" and then you got wet?
Essentially, except more delicious.

In this example you and the vast majority of your friends would have gotten wet shortly after making that statement. Thoroughly soaked, even.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I know where this Red and Espy thing is going and they don't. It's like reading O'Connor but smashier.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know where it's going, auto.
I enjoy this. :applejack:

Red, quit fooling yourself. Go eat some Dunkaroos.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm still watching the vid, middle of match three. There's a lot of brilliant edgeguard work going on here, especially the charged usmash in the first bout and the nair drop in the second.

**** if he doesn't grab a bunch, though.

I know where it's going, auto.
I enjoy this. :applejack:

Red, quit fooling yourself. Go eat some Dunkaroos.
I have no idea where this is going, but I'm all for this Dunkaroos idea.

Nobody can deny that ****'s tasty.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The skull bash was just so I could regrab the edge with invulnerability.

It was only worth 5$. I'm sad I never got a chance to play Ramin though :(

Top Bottom