• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What you guys think of the MK ban? I'm pro-ban since as the metagame keeps evolving, it's harder and harder to beat MK.. With all the options MK has, it gives a person a significant advantage in outplaying other people who aren't using MK.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I manned up, learned the matchup and voted for a ban.

That's because you learned the matchup. I have more trouble against Lucario (w/ pika at least, my Kirby does great against Lucario) than MK beacuse I learned and got used to the matchup where in contrast I focused on fighting Lucario w/ Kirby instead of Pika and learned that matchup (and MK as well) instead. I already stated that I couldnt care less what happens to MK but still voted to ban him for the community which has been awesome to me so far. Havok and I have pretty much the same opinion about the issue. If you are still neutral vote to ban for the unity of many community members who are also your friends!

I'm giving the community a higher priority than the metagame. I shouldn't be allowed to vote but whatever I fight for my friends.
*mains Ike now (not really)*

EDIT: why is no one hyped for KoF12??

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The community poll doesn't count for that much anyway, iirc. Doesn't it only count for one vote, then slightly more for each 2.5% over majority or some BS like that?

A lot of people will vote either way for personal bias. In my opinion, both pro-ban and anti-ban can be right or wrong anyway, so all we're really left with is personal preference.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
MK doesn't need to be banned. I feel as though some people want him banned cause with him gone their bad matchups may become less prominent or their good matchups may rise in popularity giving them an easier time.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Terios is right, but a lot of people will vote anti-ban just because they main MK and want to keep winning based off of their character's MU dominance. This'll especially be the case at lower levels of the metagame where people generally don't have the skill to overcome MK's obvious strengths.

Both sides will have some biased votes.
Both sides have their legit points from an objective standpoint.

Just trying to put some things into perspective, not trying to hate on anyone's opinion.

I voted pro-ban, btw. Also, what Bear said, let's just get this **** over with so people can accept whatever the decision is and move on.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Kaylo, I'm pretty sure the number of people that have lost to the winning metaknights outweigh the metaknights that win.

Just sayin. Don't hurt me D:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You'd be surprised how many MK bandwagon scrubs are out there. You're forgetting that this poll is open to everyone, even the dude in bum**** nowhere who chooses MK to **** his other mediocre friends, who may or may not know about SWF. There's no way to tell which side will get more padded votes.

Also, never underestimate the power of making alternate accounts just to vote more than once, lol. Probably not a huge problem, but I'm sure it happened.

*hurts*

IxxI

Smash Fence
I don't main MK, at all. To be honest, I really don't know if he's going to be banned or not.
I have no idea how divided the SBR is on the situation, and as a whole I don't know which side they are leaning towards the most.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Considering they need a 2/3 majority to ban him and how almost evenly divided the issue always seems, I doubt MK's getting banned. If he does get banned, I'll be extremely surprised.

Side note: I think the pro-ban essay was much more well-written. They were both well done, but I was more so impressed by the pro-ban side's examples and the organization of their points.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
hes not going to be. they require a 2/3 vote. the sbr currently (according to my sources) are tied at 10-10 currently, and the 2 votes currently provided by the poll are nowhere near enough to sway the vote

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I didn't realize that there had to be a 2/3 majority.

Yeah, MK isn't getting banned. Guess I should put some serious work into my Meta then. :(

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised how many MK bandwagon scrubs are out there. You're forgetting that this poll is open to everyone, even the dude in bum**** nowhere who chooses MK to **** his other mediocre friends, who may or may not know about SWF. There's no way to tell which side will get more padded votes.

Also, never underestimate the power of making alternate accounts just to vote more than once, lol. Probably not a huge problem, but I'm sure it happened.

*hurts*
Well, you can see who all votes for one side or the other when you click on the poll :] Stalking ftw.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm not sure what that has to do with what I wrote, lol.

Unless you personally know every single person on the list of who voted.....

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ugh, I'm supposed to be writing a paper...again. This is super boring. I'm almost done.

Dang, HOBO 17 is this weekend. NO META. Should be fun. Last tourney, Light and I ***** teams (Wario + R.O.B. = Too Good). Lets see if we can recreated the magic of OM NOM WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!

I'm procrastinating. lololololol

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm mostly neutral in the MK debate, but I still voted no since a ban is such a major thing. I must say though, pro-ban argument just makes me like MK more. Irony.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
<.< sooo...hhmmm... yesterday I managed to send kaylo into the kitchen to make me some pancakes. not sammich level but it's a beginning. ;) (didn't know what to talk about)
*waits to be slapped. and pancakes*
on another note anther should post his facts or go ahead with the list I believe.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I want to post that video so badly, lol. I'd be spammin it all over this thread if I could.

Top Bottom