• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I really need to catch up on Haruhi....

Terios is right, but a lot of people will vote anti-ban just because they main MK and want to keep winning based off of their character's MU dominance. This'll especially be the case at lower levels of the metagame where people generally don't have the skill to overcome MK's obvious strengths.
Oh yeah. I never answered this. I think you're right too. I guess the best way to put it is that I don't think we should be allowed to vote lol. But then you get scrubs whining about not being heard. There's no winners in the game of Ban the Metaknight.

Roller

Smash Legend
Holy crap, I haven't been on this forum in forever and a half. Sup guys?

And speaking of anime, what are people's thoughts on neon genesis evangelion? I've watched the first 8 episodes or something, seems ok, but not uber good.

Roller

Smash Legend
My wii has been broken =(

No longer reads discs, so I need to get an external harddrive and get the USB loader unless I want to spend 200 on a new wii...

Also, I was just at orientation for UMich. Which was fun. I'M GONNA LIVE SO CLOSE TO ANTHER AND LAIN and those other cool people who are too good at this game. lol

What about you KayLo? When did you become a mod? =0

Kenrawr

Smash Master

And speaking of anime, what are people's thoughts on neon genesis evangelion? I've watched the first 8 episodes or something, seems ok, but not uber good.
Have fun with the last couple of episodes.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My wii has been broken =(

No longer reads discs, so I need to get an external harddrive and get the USB loader unless I want to spend 200 on a new wii...

Also, I was just at orientation for UMich. Which was fun. I'M GONNA LIVE SO CLOSE TO ANTHER AND LAIN and those other cool people who are too good at this game. lol

What about you KayLo? When did you become a mod? =0
@Roller: That sucks about your Wii. My one friend had the same problem (he does the USB loader thing now), and now his Brawl randomly freezes, lol. But most of the time it's fine.

I became mod not so long ago. Pika chat's been pretty busy lately, boards have been dead outside of the social thread (and the uair-footstool thing a while ago).... I semi-quit Brawl. That's pretty much it, hehe.

Outside of the game, I've been doing my internship, volunteering on my days off, and taking care of my mother when I can. And partying on the weekends, of course. ;) I can't be all work and no play, although I've had less time for play more recently.

Are you staying for a while this time? :mad: You better be!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
----------
*Walks in w/ shades and coffee in hand*
*sigh* never doing that again (yes I will)
*sips coffee takes off shades and writes on Chalkboard*

LESSON PLAN

OK children, I changed our projected lesson plan. We’ll be doing specific character discussion as the main focus of doubles discussion. I’m aware that I had another plan for the discussion but this should make things a bit easier for the other plan I had later on when things get slow. We are starting out w/ Snake in commemoration of the MK ban polls (he is not getting banned btw).
Let the discussion begin!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7866968#post786696

EDIT: GO GO GO!

Is it good? That might be the next anime I watch when I get back in an anime mood. (Right now my sister and I are watching season 5 of Teen Titans since we missed it when it aired.)
Haruhi is good, I finished it yesterday and liked it. BTW watch it in the skip order not the chronological order.
Hi old guy returning to the pika boards. I'm new here as you can see I'm ~automatic (lower case "a" pl0x).
Evangelion is hit and miss with people. It's my ex's favorite anime as well as mine due to the character development, interaction, all the simbolism the cram into everything and stuff like that. Story isn't stellar or anything IMO if that's what youre looking for. BTW Death and Rebirth is just a series recap. End of Evangelion is the film you shuld see after you finish NGE. The rebuild of eva film series is like 80% the same (new characters anyone?) in case you do like eva and want to watch those films.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I found two amazing smash videos today. One inspired me to play smash again and influenced how I styled my brawl pika, and the other is an amazing set from arguably the best pika beating one of the best smash players in the nation. Ill post them in a bit.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Someone give me a recent Pika vid to embed in the Volt Tackle Videos OP.

Or I'm closing my eyes and picking from the ones we already have.

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah i had a friend who had the undubbed japanese version and it was amazing. what a great anime. the only thing was that it was really short and a tad bit repertitive with the angels coming and getting destroyed every episode.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Kaylo. Haruhi is AWESOME. Like.. I'm watching the random order and like.. I don't get what's going on but at the same time I get everything. The characters are awesome and I don't know what the story is but it's still awesome. It's SO hard to explain as I'm only halfway through the first season.

Famous

Smash Champion
The 2nd Season episodes of Haruhi have been almost the same for 4 episodes...I think the cast is stuck in a time freeze due to haruhi's powers...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
do the one of me vs anther kaylo! not exactly recent (a couple months ago) but it works! :D
Post the link in the video thread, and I'll put it in the OP unless someone suggests a better match (not a huge fan of Pika dittos, tbh.... :urg:).

I'm too lazy to go searching back through the critique thread.

Kaylo. Haruhi is AWESOME. Like.. I'm watching the random order and like.. I don't get what's going on but at the same time I get everything. The characters are awesome and I don't know what the story is but it's still awesome. It's SO hard to explain as I'm only halfway through the first season.
Uhh.... @.@ I guess I'll just have to watch it and see for myself. :laugh:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

It's 7 this week. >_>

The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi arc BETTER be awesome or there will be blood.
Im confused on what exactly the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi is. I have read up to Bamboo Leaf Rhapsod II. Have you read the disappearance? Do you know where I can read the rest?

Lulz I am randomly going back to read older posts and I noticed a lot of you guys are talking about awesome animes. aka NGE and Haruhi. Pika boards seem top tier.

FLCL anyone? =3

Top Bottom