• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Weaknesses

n88

Smash Lord
I roll way too often. Something I picked up back when I mained Lucario and still can't completely get rid of.

I am frequently killed while taunting. If not by an oppponent, then by a stage hazard.

Heat_X

Smash Rookie
I just try too hard with the mindgames, and I mindgame myself 0,o
Who knew that brick walls were so easy to break but so hard to put up?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I need to pay attention to my position on the screen more, as i sometimes forget where I am or get my position mixed up with my opponents.
Yeah, when I have a 3-4 player match I get the same problem
Whoa...I never thought that this could be a problem...

I have no idea how this could be solved because I never had it...I guess I'm lucky...:(:urg:

I roll way too often. Something I picked up back when I mained Lucario and still can't completely get rid of.
Play samus.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
I have this habit of going for outrageous moves at inappropriate moments just to see if i can connect. (snake's fsmash, D3 jet hammer, etc.)

although this might have something to do with the gambling problem I have irl : /

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I have this habit of going for outrageous moves at inappropriate moments just to see if i can connect. (snake's fsmash, D3 jet hammer, etc.)

although this might have something to do with the gambling problem I have irl : /

Yeah I'm quite similar though I call it oppurtunisitc :laugh:

I've overcoming my lack of shielding and dodging though I only seem to be doing this with bowser currently...

However, as I up the CPU difficulty the more reliant I become on it

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm very impatient in a battle. "I wants that KO NOW! Gimme gimme gim-aw, you killed me...." ;_; "I thought that fsmash would have hit..."

I'm also overly aggressive. Not a good thing with Ike.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
1. I have a bad habit of airdodging to momentum cancel.

2. My DI is usually very poor. Need alot of work.

3. Don't tilt enough; go for the aerials too much.

4. Edgeguard entirely too much.

Yep, those are my flaws...:ohwell:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have trouble shielding at the right time, I never bring it out at the right time and fall prey to grabs. Plus, I just never air-dodge for some reason.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
1) I can't spotdodge or shield that well.

2) I don't react fast enough to edgeguard beyond ledgehogging.

3) I'm not very good when it comes to reading opponents.

4) I easily get into the habit of C-stick spamming.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
1. I tend let go of my shield too early

2. I suck at playin defensively so Im in alotta trouble if someone pressures me harder

3. Im bad at spacing

4. I cant find attack patterns in my opponents unless its bloody obvious ones like T/Link's Dair...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
- I shield, but I am not very fond of doing so, because when I don't shield/dodge, my opponent has a field day with me, but when I DO, they seem to predict it and grab me or punish me with a move after I get out of the shield. It gets me so frustrated that I often can't think clearly.

- I am very bad at punishing people who pop me into the air and chase me for an aerial follow-up.

Not so bad thing: I once baited a Marth into jumping with my Fire Breath then his game went somewhat downhill from there. He says he was on the phone, but I'm skeptical about that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I press buttons too fast every now and then. So fast, that the game doesn't read the combinations, so whenever I input shield>jump>bair, I find myself doing an empty fullhop.

That is seriously gamebreaking.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
GRRRRRRRRRRR

Overcame my issue of not using shield dodges and now I constantly use them and my style has gone from aggresive to timidly aggresive....

And now I'm no longer sure about my main characters.

Oh well lol

nickcrapy7

Smash Rookie
i'm bad fighting at high percentages after getting the kill.

and as a result of that bad di

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I have some attack patterns. I'm working on mixing it up more.

Sometimes I choose a kill move ahead of time, and keep it fresh while using up the other ones, limiting my kill options.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I tend to spot dodge at the wrong times. Usually too early and so I get punished for it. Also I tend to walk into attacks or fall into them (utilts and up smashes) I'm still learning to read my opponents well.

Oh and when I bring my shield up if it's at the right time etc, I let it go to early so if it's like a two hit smash I get hit by the second one, bad habit.

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
As Diddy, if my opponent gets a nana, i usually get hit by it ._.;
And i screw up my recovery too much.
I need to learn to spot dodge, and predict spot dodges.
I still need to learn Diddy's ATs too.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
tend to get caught up performing ATs i forget the basics of winning a fight like mind games and spacing instead i just SHDL and use the same approach

ConCeal12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mimic19
As a Link player...

- Sucky recovery (of course)
- Jab cancels mess up sometimes and gets me kicked around
- Laggy moves leaves me open
- Needs to spot dodge more often then rolling

Well, after looking at all that I could really use some work lol. Most of my fighting is done against a wolf player, he's good but its usually me who wins. Hella hard though..

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
A few really basic things...

-Inability to footstool
-Dodges when shielding is better
-Rolls rather than spot dodging
-Does not punish well

And it doesn't help that I can only play the game every few weeks...

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
My weakness?

I get hit.

I seriously suck at this game.
Oh yea, and my other weakness: Online. Seriously, isn't it frustrating to see obvious crap coming yet still get hit because you cant time anything? I faced a DK player who was in love with spotdodge to dsmash. I was Peach, so i was just going to jab him out of it...

He inputs, 2 spot dodges, and a down smash... and my jab NEVER saw the light of day. He pretty much input 3 commands... before I can input ONE.

I basically just watched myself just stand there and get hit.

Then again, most of my connections are red. So I can't really complain <.<...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Did I mention that my DI sucks. Horribly. Seriously horrid. (Tips? :laugh:)

Please don't use my flaws against me, Pacmansays. :laugh:

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Did I mention that my DI sucks. Horribly. Seriously horrid. (Tips? :laugh:)

Please don't use my flaws against me, Pacmansays. :laugh:
Haha, don't worry, my DI is probably worse. As for my main weakness...it has to be mind games. Not used against me, but my own. I tend to get too wrapped up in them.

EvolveOrDie

Smash Cadet
hmmm lets see...

I grab wrong :/

Sometimes i forget some moves exist <_<

I lack consistency big time

I'm working on those problems and hopefully time will aid me

Persona

Smash Rookie
My personal weakness is any stage with obstacles. I love playing on a good, flat, stage where there's no room to hide. Plus, I tend to try and have fun with my opponent. As a Ganondorf main, I think there's nothing better than either pulling off a Warlock Punch over the bottom boundary, or by forcing my opponent, and I, into the bottom boundary with a Flame Choke for a SD and a KO. : ) And doing such risky moves is one of my biggest personal weaknesses.

Koala

Smash Cadet
I spot dodge waaaaayyyyy too much. I am getting better at not doing it as much though.

NNID
Budget_Player
I have issues with my DI and my momentum canceling. I usually DI in the direction opposite of where I'm flying, instead of towards the corners. I also often airdodge when I should use an air move. And even when I do use that aerial, I often use the wrong one (examples: with DK, Fair instead of Bair; with G&W F or Bair instead of Nair).

Oddly enough, the only char I ever get it perfectly right with is... snake. Meaning I live a good 50% longer.

I never do the right thing against the second hit of TL's fsmash.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
1. Never use the shield...Seems really alien to me and I never use it except to drop grenades as Snake but it also means I don't dodge either. Game's too fast for me to think defensively.
LOL I once had the opposite problem (extreme overuse of the shield button, to the point where anyone at least OK with Marth, Snake, DK, Ike, or anyone else fat could break my shield and/or trick me into breaking it myself multiple times in a match). I made a tag with no shield button to force me to stop pressing it between everything. Shielding and dodging are overrated. Proper spacing will significantly reduce the need to shield or dodge.

My biggest issue is that while the shield habits are all gone, the timidness that caused them is still there. I still get scared of my opponents and freeze up or fall for stupid things that I wouldn't be falling for if I weren't nervous.

That, and avoiding spikes.. If I don't airdodge, I get spiked. If I do airdodge, my opponents wait for it and spike me anyway. I've also been tricked into running out of jumps attempting to avoid a spike, and mind****ed into jumping into spikes.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
I used to have a nasty tendency to incorrectly time my dodges and shieling, which always led to being smacked by a large charge move... The best advice I can give is to work on your mental state (mindgames) and replace the shielding with something more effective (ex. Game and Watch using turtle or fishbowl to counter an oncoming attack)... when you find you comfort zone it should come as a natural reaction evetually... you will just tend to shield more in panic mode... it happens to the best of us my friend

llBluBll

Smash Cadet
My weakness is that I sometimes play really bad after losing to scrubs. I get upset and play way too aggressive/predictable =/

Top Bottom