• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
With my DP, I try not to do it often. Honestly IBing into a quick move is the safest way for me.
He recovers too fast and has safe jump set ups so I'll only DP if he does that special where he passes through you and hits you on the other side.
I try not to DP too often, if ever. I just use it occasionally to remind people to respect it, which doesn't always work, haha. The problem with IB vs. Akihiko is that my fastest move is 7f, so even if I IB, I usually get tagged with 5A/2A. The only thing that I can really IB is Kill Rush, and then punish the follow-up. And most smart Aki players know this. ;-;

Anyway, I'm not really trying to complain about it. It's just a weird match-up that requires me to play super patiently and not go for oki or press my advantage on knockdown, because it's not safe. It's like I want the momentum, because that's the kind of character I play, but I can't have it, so I have to chip away at him in green axe for most of it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone want to play today? Not going to this week's tourney but I thought maybe I can at least get some practice for next week.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I won't be home tonight or tomorrow, but I'm planning on hosting a lobby Saturday night.

Umby

Smash Master
ggs guys. Sorry I cut out so short. I'm a bit frustrated for once this evening. Maybe I'll come back in later if you guys are still at it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I was a part of Sion's sandbags for so long.

I guess I needed to switch eventually

slkdfjsaklfj

I wanna lab but. 50 games is kinda tiring especially when I'm mentally thinking so much to learn.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Minato doesn't feel invincible, but he's definitely the best active regular on Smashboards, as far as I can tell.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Hey, no one is perfect, so pretty much everyone here has to work on everything, even Minato and aisight (since you guys usually start OMG'ing yourself over them, lol).

It's not like he wins tournaments, but he is good and manages well, though. Practice, practice, practice.

I might play today. I haven't learned anything new since last time, so I might not want to room with you guys. Probably just focus on other things.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No worries, I won't be getting too much opportunity to practice all weekend since I'm gonna be covering Kings of Cali.

Hoping to see Minato in person next weekend, though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, I'm in Nevada. There's a grand total of ten P4A players here, and only four of them are good.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, on the bright side this pretty much confirms that you don't need a strong scene to become a solid player yourself.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I can start a room at 11:00 PM EST. I can't guarantee the quality of my connection though. I'm not at home, and I'm on DSL instead of cable.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The only place that anime isn't dead in Canada is Montreal.

That's kind of it. :<

Weird, it's seemed to be at least alright in Toronto when I've been there. Granted, a couple of the people said it had a bit of a temporary setback and so the Airdasher scene there had some people break off, but it's certainly much better than ol' Ottawa's. At times I DO kinda feel I lived in TO or MTL, and might have actually considered moving there if not for the whole "friends are here" bit, lol.

And wait Crusayer, you guys have a blizzard but we don't over here and are getting 16-14 degree days on Sunday-Tuesday? :scared:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm WC Canada bro.

Our weather is currently like -15 with 5cm snow.

This stupid weather also screwed up my smash community's trip to Calgary >[. Plan trip for like a month, get blizzard 2 days before tournament. UGH.

Top Bottom