• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
GGs everyone. I'm going to limit my lobbies to the weekend, so I'll either catch you guys tomorrow or next week.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ggs, Minato, Jam Stunna, Sakurazaki. I'm still bad at blocking your like six different mixups :(
Jam's red axe turns matches completly around lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just be a little more mobile and things will improve. Against Kanji try not to jump close by too much during zoning or use her Maragi at closer than midscreen range, since both can get blown up by airdive. Also if you're not confident in your mixup after bnb 214214d then just 236236d ender for +1000 damage.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Will do, thanks.

Still need to work on control, but today it felt just awful. I think my hands were really tired. It was really hard for me to do double taps on the stick to dash/run. Usually don't have too much problems with that.

... I think it was because I played a lot of Starcraft earlier.

But man, it's hard to read, lol. Once Kanji's/anyone's in I dunno what to do.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
GGs Minato, I feel pretty good about not getting blown up lol

Seriously, playing you has taught me how great counters are

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I tend to like smaller lobbies too. And GGs, Jam. Yeah, Guard Cancels are good, just make sure you know when to time them, or have 50 SP for an OMC just in case you think they're looking for it. And your Labrys is really hard to deal with once it's on point, I'm eating those okis now too.

I also liked how you bursted during my 5D start up sometimes.
There's no way for me to cancel out of it, and you break a Persona card as well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, I switched off to Yukiko later, I just felt really mad watching AXIS play at Youmacon. Room was surprisingly crowded tonight, yeah.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I tend to like smaller lobbies too. And GGs, Jam. Yeah, Guard Cancels are good, just make sure you know when to time them, or have 50 SP for an OMC just in case you think they're looking for it. And your Labrys is really hard to deal with once it's on point, I'm eating those okis now too.

I also liked how you bursted during my 5D start up sometimes.
There's no way for me to cancel out of it, and you break a Persona card as well.
Yeah, I try to save my bursts and Guard Cancels to ensure a Persona card break if I can help it.

Haha, oh wow a guy just ragequit on me rather than give me the rank up.

blazingsai

Smash Rookie
i really need to do better.
i've never experienced such rust for not playing a game for a week

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The quandary of patience:
On the one hand, it's the right thing to do to stay honest and block responsibly.
On the other hand, you can totally One More Cancel your Super-Canceled wakeup R-Action.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Some of us have to be honest because of our horrid R-Action. I'm pretty sure that every dp I tried against Minato last night led to me getting caught in a death combo.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah I laughed pretty hard last night when your DP armored through a j.b and a 5a before the guy finally panic DP'd your DP just in time.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know that feel, especially against Akihiko.

"Oh man, look at all these jab pressure, I can probably DP now, right?" NOPE, NOW EAT 7.5K.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I admittedly probably should be a lot more honest and responsible with my options in fighters in general for both defense and offense. Hell, and that's not even just Persona too. Like, sure I want to hit that B Raging Lion juggle combo from Challenge Mode online once just to say I did, but that doesn't mean I should spam. Yeah, I may like getting those 4k and all that Assault Through variant combos in Extend, but that doesn't mean I should blindly be okay with eating 2.5k to get in position. And sure in AE2012 I like finding ways to get off EX Shunpukyaku > Tengyo Hadouken, but that doesn't mean playing reckless'll help anything.

But then again, sometimes you just want THAT combo or hit and want it 'now', and I can say from experience that trying to overcome that can certainly be tough. Well, that and not pressing buttons at all times, haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was hooked on Kanji's Fatal combos before realizing that I was doing things with absurd startup just to fish for it and getting punished by people making decisions on reaction. I think that lasted for all of about a weekend.

You'd normally think that taking your lumps consistently and repeatedly would teach you to cut out the weak parts of your gameplay...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I was hooked on Kanji's Fatal combos before realizing that I was doing things with absurd startup just to fish for it and getting punished by people making decisions on reaction. I think that lasted for all of about a weekend.

You'd normally think that taking your lumps consistently and repeatedly would teach you to cut out the weak parts of your gameplay...

Heh...er...yeah...I would normally hope so at least. Though due to my tendencies to be stubborn and hard-headed I'm the last person in the world who should even pretend that I have any right to talk.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
From yesterday's big lobby, it was interesting seeing who played too respectful and who didn't. I got away with so many frame traps on that Mitsuru player, and he didn't Bufudyne my oki setup when he had meter either.

Also, people shouldn't let me get away with D Zio since that has huge startup. Even a 2C 236D has a huge gap that you can easily hit Izanagi. I think Jam started catching on later since I was DPed out of it a couple of times.
I know that feel, especially against Akihiko.

"Oh man, look at all these jab pressure, I can probably DP now, right?" NOPE, NOW EAT 7.5K.
With my DP, I try not to do it often. Honestly IBing into a quick move is the safest way for me.
He recovers too fast and has safe jump set ups so I'll only DP if he does that special where he passes through you and hits you on the other side.

Anyways, it's nice rewatching my matches on Aisight's channel. I'm seeing my mistakes and where I could do more optimal combos.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Minato: If you're talking about Lyte, then yeah, she tends to be VERY tentative about what she wants to do, even when pressuring.

Good to know that people are liking my archives ^_^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, now I can show all my friends me getting blown up by Kanji's dp!
It's really gotten to the point where I just DP on reaction whenever I see you IAD at me because whenever you IAD at me it's almost always to do an ambiguous crossup j.B.

Top Bottom