• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Round robin maximizes games played, but swiss actually slows things down the most, because you're unable to proceed to the next round of pairings until after all of the first round pairings have been played out.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think it's impossible to overstate how amazing of a song The Almighty is. I'd play it every match if I didn't think it'd annoy the hell out of you guys.

/notabackdoorwaytoaskforpermissiontoconstantlyplaythealmighty

It totally is

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For those not on the inside:

We have a player in BlazBlue that ALWAYS selects Catus Carnival as the song and either Kaka Village or Hype Dog's stage. Drives me INSANE.

RANDOM RANDOM GODDAMNIT.

(And sometimes Nightmare Fiction, especially for actual Rag/Haz matches)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's also annoying because he takes forever to pick them every time. Even though you know he is going to pick the same one over and over. Once we were on stream, and Mike was like, "Please pick your character first, so I don't have to listen to that stupid dog barking anymore."

And he's usually in finals too, and it just makes it go by that much slower, like you wouldn't believe.

Also, Raz. Are you going to Low Tide?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't see any reason I can't, as the Smash monthly is the weekend prior, on the 10th.

Should be there. Need to start playing P4A again clearly, since no BlazBlue. Gotta start making it online for these training rooms.

Uni's got me so busy. T-T

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know that feel, I've been there. You can do it! :3

Also, yay! My secret goal is to have more people for P4A than Third Strike, haha.

Here's my question. Is Tekken or KOFXIII going to turn into a money match? :bee:

And taking forever to pick Catus Carnival and the Kaka Village stage is odd. I don't mind Tao's theme at all (it's kinda catchy), and like the Kaka Village stage despite it being "the most distracting stage in the entire series" for me but...if he knows what he's going to pick I don't get what the holdup is unless he's just taking time to think over the matchup.

Man, this is making me want to play Extend again, along with playing P4A more. Dat time free up post-"screw this multiplayer" with ME3. :awesome:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
KOF isn't happening at this tournament (which I will admit that I'm kind of thankful for), and TTT2 is a main game, so I hope the Tekken community actually shows up this time around, haha. They have a habit of not doing that.

And I know what you mean, I've kind of ditched FGs for Borderlands at the moment. I have a BB money match to play though, so I'll have to practice up for that. Gotta get my salty runback.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
KOF isn't happening at this tournament (which I will admit that I'm kind of thankful for), and TTT2 is a main game, so I hope the Tekken community actually shows up this time around, haha. They have a habit of not doing that.

And I know what you mean, I've kind of ditched FGs for Borderlands at the moment. I have a BB money match to play though, so I'll have to practice up for that. Gotta get my salty runback.

That's good that it's a main game. I'd actually like to see TTT2 do well (well, truthfully I'd like to see KOFXIII have a strong scene for a few years, but still, lol). And good luck on dat BB money match. If you want some extra practice, just lemme know and I'll be more than willing to help you out.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So in all seriousness, would people be interested in a tournament? I can set up a bracket on Challonge and we can complete matches on our own time or something.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I would be interested but probably not until after Christmas, to be honest. I've just got way too much stuff going on in the next couple months.

However, if there's no deadline, then I would definitely sign up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, I could be alone in this and it's a totally random comment, but I kinda wish P4A, and Blazblue (or AE and fighters that have online mode in general) would have like Youtube compatibility like Uncharted 3 does. You know, with Uncharted 3 you can upload plays directly to your Youtube account. Why not do something like that for match replays with a fighter? Would it truly be that difficult to do? And it'd certainly help people who don't want to put down however many hundred dollars for capture equipment.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Third Strike does it and I think it's being implemented in Darkstalkers Ressurection. Who knows if it'll catch on for other FG games. TBH, every FG is already missing some of the simplest features that even other fighters have, so it'll be awhile until direct YT uploads become common.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Third Strike does it and I think it's being implemented in Darkstalkers Ressurection. Who knows if it'll catch on for other FG games. TBH, every FG is already missing some of the simplest features that even other fighters have, so it'll be awhile until direct YT uploads become common.
Yeah, maybe so. I just think it seems like a good and simple idea, to me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd like to see savable offline replays and even a rematch option in BB first which are simple things. Even Guilty Gear had rematches in. 3rd Strike on PS2 also had savable replays. I swear FGs like to take 1 and a half steps forward and 1 step back.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd like to see savable offline replays and even a rematch option in BB first which are simple things. Even Guilty Gear had rematches in. 3rd Strike on PS2 also had savable replays. I swear FGs like to take 1 and a half steps forward and 1 step back.

Yeah, while rematches aren't a big deal, you'd think that it would be pretty easy to put them in. Though I'm not sure on the savable offline replays thing. Would that be stored in a different folder from your online ones?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think saving offline replays would be much different from saving online ones, so it's kind of a mystery to me on why you can't save replays of offline matches. That and maybe the ability to send replays to friends would be cool.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I can get behind the idea of sending friends replays. It'd be an awesome little feature too, and would make online tournaments easier to make archives of.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It's more like all these games just don't pay attention to each other. Some have rematch features, some have challenge mode demonstrations, some have quick restart in training mode, but no game has ALL of those features. Why aren't developers just copying each other?

I'm down for a tournament I guess.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Melty's training mode is the best.

The vs mode has a replay save function too \o/.

Cept it doesn't have 1P content like challenge mode and story lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's more like all these games just don't pay attention to each other. Some have rematch features, some have challenge mode demonstrations, some have quick restart in training mode, but no game has ALL of those features. Why aren't developers just copying each other?
I know some they can't do because of patent issues. But it's dumb how different development teams from the same company don't share stuff.
Melty's training mode is the best.l
Melty's reversal option is amazing, I wish more games had that in training mode.

BB and Marvel still has the best record/play function to me while SFXT is great for having online training mode.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Melty's training mode lets you store 14 slots as a dummy record. You can set the dummy on repeat or on recover. You can even set it to randomize which slot it uses on the next rep.

I can literally do anything I want in melty's training mode. Practice OS setups, practice wakeup options, practice defense, practice blockstrings. Anything I want!

Only downside I can think of is that you can't see hitboxes and that the restart function doesn't work like Blaz's positioning thing. I'm not sure if there's a quick replay button for the dummy though.

The fact that you can save the dummy records as a file and then make a backup means you can essentially have an infinite amount of records too. It's unfortunate there's not many people playing the game. People could start uploading recordings for people to practice even.

It would be amazing if people could program dummies too.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sorry I didn't hop in and join the room JamStunna. I literally got your invite a bit over 20 minutes ago. Which...is really odd since you'd been offline for at least like half an hour by then.

Top Bottom