• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Mic on what? For the console?

I somehow missed bursting on that last FC you did jam. ;_;.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
What, Why!?

It didn't even look like it was messing up.

At least I got one train wreck of a match in, GG Jam, but I am tired of this, I will check out every thing I can think of, I will find out what is wrong. :mad088:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I bought a $50 Sony headset, then came to my senses and returned it in favor of an $8 one from Best Buy. It works fine.

GG Rutger, hope things start working better for you.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Checked speedtest.net and my internet is really bad today. I'm going to have to call them up since this isn't normal.
Guess I won't be playing P4A online for awhile. Hopefully it gets fixed when GG is out.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh that's fantastic. I pressed the wrong button and I overwrote the recording.

-______-.

GGs. That 5k dial A combo so good.

You still aren't doing sweep into 5D livewire.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh that's fantastic. I pressed the wrong button and I overwrote the recording.

-______-.

GGs. That 5k dial A combo so good.

You still aren't doing sweep into 5D livewire.

That sucks, we actually had a couple of good matches now that I seem to have remembered "oh right, there's a Counter Action and Guard Counter/whatever it's called in this game!". I saved a few of them at least though. As for sweep into 5D, I thought it was sweep into 5C then 5D?

I was trying to work on my attitude and mental state, etc so I didn't wind up getting nearly as mad as I normally do. Hell, don't think I got mad at all. Oh and I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but I noticed Labrys's axe changes glow colours from Green to Yellow, to Orange to Red or something like that. Does it do anything, is it just there for visual effects, or is there something else to it?

And S4kurazaki, just go and get like a cheap $15 wired one. I got a Rocketfish one a couple of years ago and the only reason it semi-messes up and is weird is because well, I've had it for a couple of years, and because I'd keep finding that someone had knocked it on the ground or that the cord had been caught in things so when I moved it'd jerk because it'd get stuck. So pretty much the only damage was caused by avoidable things.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Sweep into 5D is the most basic setup for narukami `-`. I thought you played Minato.

Labby's axe gets buffs as it changes color to red. Red axe is FCs everything I think?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Labrys' axe has five levels:
Level 1- no color
Level 2- blue
Level 3- green
Level 4- orange
Level 5- red

She starts the first round at level 3. Anytime she makes contact with her axe (blocked or on hit), it helps build her axe level. Each level does more damage and hitstun, so that new combos become available at level 4 and 5.

Also, at red axe, all of Labrys' attacks do chip damage (even normals), and any counterhit becomes a fatal counter.

:phone:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
And her D axe super does unscaled damage at red axe D:

At least I'm pretty sure it does? Jam would know better than I would.

I was watching the p4a stream at Socal today and red axe blew up so many people.

So scary man.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Her 236236D will set her axe to level 1 afterwards in exchange for great damage at the higher levels, so if you manage to live after it then that would be your best time to rush down Labrys.

I noticed Jam would use it a lot in the matches I saw, I don't know how I feel about that, but it was working. :/

Edit: I'm pretty sure the D super still scales, it just does a ton of damage.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Speaking of that crazy super powerful axe-uppercut super, I tried bursting out of it between the aerial ground-slamming overhead thing and when it got cancelled into the super and still wound up taking the super. Is there anything you can do by that point or do you have to burst a lot sooner?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Her 236236D will set her axe to level 1 afterwards in exchange for great damage at the higher levels, so if you manage to live after it then that would be your best time to rush down Labrys.

I noticed Jam would use it a lot in the matches I saw, I don't know how I feel about that, but it was working. :/

LK told me that her D super doesn't scale.

It just does a raw something stupid damage or something iirc

Or at least I coulda sworn he told me it did. Gah I'm trying to find the information to back up my point but oh well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It deals approximately 4800 damage raw, at maximum scaling it deals 2160.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Worth noting that only attacks that hit with the blade of the axe will level her axe gauge up, and FC in red axe. So, 5A will work for both scenarios there, but 2A won't work for either. Certain moves will also level her axe up faster than others, like Guillotine Axe.

Also, her axe level will carry from round to round, so if you end a round with yellow axe, you'll start the next round with yellow as well. But basically, her axe always wants to go back to green status. If you are at grey or blue, the axe will drift up despite Labrys being idle, whereas yellow or red will drift down to green. The higher the level of the axe gauge, the faster it will decrease. For example: it can take seven seconds for the gauge to fall from yellow to green, but it will only take four seconds for the gauge to fall from red to yellow. It also decreases faster if you are getting hit. Anyway, axe gauge is part of the reason why it's so important for Labrys to get momentum and try to keep it.

Edit:

More hitstun too, so you can do silly stuff like this if you want.
I'd rather do stuff like this though. Maybe someday I'll be that swag!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
4800 raw? Oh hell...lol.

And let me guess, once she gets her axe red there's really nothing you can do to get it un-red? You know, like back to green or something.

Sion

Island of Horizon
she's a very momentum based character

her red axe is a result of her attacking a lot. if she stops attacking, it'll go back to yellow, then green. it'll stay green on neutral iirc until you start getting hit, block or no block. then it starts to degrade to blue, then lastly, grey

edit: also a popular misconception is that red axe increases block stun. i recently found out that it didn't, but can anyone can confirm this to be true?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only effect on block that axe levels have is increased chip damage.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Did you even read my post? ._.

Edit: Sion, there is no extra blockstun from red axe.

Oh, I thought that was for whatever reason just dependent on Labrys herself. No idea why I didn't make the "oh hey, if you keep her out for a bit, the gauge'll run out" connection. Can I uh...cite "still have a tiny bit of a cold" johns, or too late?

To get Livewire to read posts, we should all post the same thing so the page is covered in it, heh.

:phone:

Haha, very funny. And you could do that, but think of how many walls of text the page would be covered in from my responses! :cool:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

I'll always do it if it will win a round. If I have a large enough life lead, sometimes I'll do it even if it leaves the opponent alive, and try to get back to green level for the next round.

Not to turn this into "Pick on Livewire" time, but I have to ask: how is it that you never noticed that Labrys' axe changes color, and that her attacks do more damage? You've either played or seen dozens of matches with Labrys, how could you not see that the largest object on screen changed color? That is definitely THE most important thing to be aware of when fighting Labrys. I feel that anecdote speaks to the problems you have learning this game in general

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh ok

i must be trippin' between shabrys and labrys blockstun or something

edit: i'm now calling labrys' 236236d red axe the "jam stunna"

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'll always do it if it will win a round. If I have a large enough life lead, sometimes I'll do it even if it leaves the opponent alive, and try to get back to green level for the next round.

Not to turn this into "Pick on Livewire" time, but I have to ask: how is it that you never noticed that Labrys' axe changes color, and that her attacks do more damage? You've either played or seen dozens of matches with Labrys, how could you not see that the largest object on screen changed color? That is definitely THE most important thing to be aware of when fighting Labrys. I feel that anecdote speaks to the problems you have learning this game in general

I have no idea. I mean, I only have 3 possible reasons why I might not have noticed. Either whenever I saw the axe it was red and I figured it was always that colour, I just figured it being red had to do with the character colour you used, or the more likely one of me freaking out like "Oh crap! Oh crap! That freaking axe has more reach than my sword and looks like it comes out ridiculously fast (despite apparently not)! Screw checking what colour it is and get the hell out of the way!". And really, not one of those excuses is an excusable one, lol.

Edit: And yeah, dying from that red axe combo into axe uppercut super pretty much means you got Jam Stunna'd, lol. I mean that as a compliment though.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Placed 4th at a local tournament. Wasn't that big of a turn out though so not sure how much that's worth.

I have a lot to work on from what I've seen. I can get counters and I think I have my mix ups down, I think my problem is when I'm being pressured and the damage I can do off of a correct read or mix up. Also Hit confirms are a thing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Placed 4th at a local tournament. Wasn't that big of a turn out though so not sure how much that's worth.

I have a lot to work on from what I've seen. I can get counters and I think I have my mix ups down, I think my problem is when I'm being pressured and the damage I can do off of a correct read or mix up. Also Hit confirms are a thing.

I think one on one person to person play is probably the best way to see what you need to work on and all that, especially in a tournament setting (even a smaller one). Online a lot of times just feels different in a sense and it's easy to blame things on lag (lord knows I do it a ton of times), but with actual person to person play, there's nothing to blame it on but potentially nerves the first time. And plus, it gives you a great way to see how you stack up by being able to compare yourself to a bunch of other people at the same time and see what they're doing firsthand as it's happening almost from their perspective.

Top Bottom