• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs guys. I might be able to get some free time tomorrow or Sunday for another lobby.
Trying to get as much practice as I can over the weekend before the next tourney I go to.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
All right, I'm online playing SF4. Anyone who wants to play, hit me up and I'll set up a room.

Umby

Smash Master
I play with a Mitsuru and Kanji in the same room all the time. I can invite you in whenever you play or invite them in whenever us SWF folks are in a room.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Cool, thanks guys!

I need to learn some of these match-ups that I don't get to play very often. I find I get too impatient against Kanji, and Mitsuru's everything ****s my face. :I

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs. My internet's been weird this weekend so I hope it goes back to normal by next weekend.

And yeah, I wouldn't recommend holding bursts too long. Bursts are used more like GG than BB. It also means that if you use your burst at the end of the round, then the next time you gain back your burst will be at the end of the next round if you can survive that long. Plus I'm pretty sure you can't gain any burst meter until you're closer to mid health or so.

I usually use my burst to prevent a bad situation or to reach Awakening.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've never heard of bursts not refiling until about half health before. I didn't see anything on the DL wiki either. I guess I should go test that.

It's also worth knowing that the last normal of your auto-combo will refill a portion of your burst and give about 13 SP, there may be a time when you would want to use it for that, though you lose out on good damage. The best time might be if you have no burst and know you can end the round with your auto-combo.

I think I use my bursts too early or I hold on to them until it's too late, one of the many things I need to work on in this game. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know the exact details, but I think you gain more burst meter the lower you health gets. At least, that's how it is in GG.
And I don't know why I typed that in my last post, but I'm pretty sure burst meter still builds up even at full health. It's just not as noticable I think.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No, it's usually the 5AAA in your autocombo that gives you all the bonuses, however it's also generally unsafe to end with that.

May depend on which character you're playing though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, everyone plays the Anji colour or the Homura colour, it seems.

I'm actually having a lot of trouble picking a sub in this game. No one really strikes my fancy at the moment. Guess I'll just stick with Labby for now, though it would be nice to have a character to play in lazy casuals.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Any Yukiko that I've ever seen (which isn't a lot, mind you), either plays Anji or Homura colour. You're the only person I know who plays a different one, haha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish the vahika color wasn't dlc.

:phone:
It's still Chidori though.
I never thought that that was the Homura color, lol

:phone:
I don't think of it as Homura either. Color isn't exactly the same, imo, especially the headband.

I see everyone using the Alice, Chidori, and sometimes the Homura-esque color. I think default looks best though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, back from Toronto and T13. Urgh, wish I put more time into this game an not AE. Even if I wound up in Noel Brown's pool, almost beat the 2nd guy, and just went because I needed the experience of playing against some seasoned AE players. Perhaps then I wouldn't be ultra-bodied.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
This may not be the place for it, but I feel like if you're going to play AE, you have to make it your main game, and practice it constantly. There's just too much otherwise. Ditto Marvel.

Anyway, did you at least have fun? :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
This may not be the place for it, but I feel like if you're going to play AE, you have to make it your main game, and practice it constantly. There's just too much otherwise. Ditto Marvel.

Anyway, did you at least have fun? :3

Yeah, I can totally feel that unless you're one of those people like Justin, PR Balrog (who pretty much play only AE and Marvel) or Tokido (who plays everything, but has been playing SF games forever), to be truly good at AE and that, you have to know your character like you know your family or close friends or something in the sense of every bit of information out there.

And yeah, I had a blast for sure even with 3 straight days of rain. While I lost in Persona, it didn't make me upset and there was still a lot of fun casuals and stuff. Plus, seeing L5Chan get into the Top 3 with Labrys when the other 2 were Teddie and Mitsuru.

My Blazblue bit left me pretty frustrated though. The guy who knocked me into Loser's 2nd round with a Litchi was irritating because I was like "I shouldn't be struggling with this", then he wound up making Top 4 and a couple of my Montreal friends were like "yeah...he's no joke", so at least I wasn't the only one. But the Bang I lost against was SO FRUSTRATING though. Like, I knew what the guy kept doing and what I had to do to get around it but it'd be like a few frames too slow a bunch of the time and it came down to like, 0.5k worth of health which is the most frustrating part. When I got up after and turned I accidentally elbow'd the chair over, though I wish I could say it was 100% accidental instead of likely just 90% accidental. That kinda surprised me after since I NEVER lose my cool like that when I'm playing person to person as opposed to online, but the whole bit just left me feeling pissed and kinda feeling like I was personally insulted or almost kinda sick to my stomach. I mean, I went in expecting to make like Top 5 or at worst go out to a Montreal guy or to like Kousaka or something, and to get out nowhere near that after all the hours, days, and hell, years I've put into the series AND into Noel and sticking with her since CT made me feel like I had absolutely nothing to show for it. That was easily the only bad part of the weekend there, and that was because I really wanted to be able to show how far I'd come since I started and like...surprise a few people with it.

But yeah...I know this might not be the place (though figure it's best to direct reply), but other than that bit I had an awesome time and if I combine Saturday and Sunday, I'd say I spent...22 hours at T13 that weekend. 10 Saturday, and 12 almost straight (only breaking for food) Sunday. :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Did you at least learn from any of this? Such as why you kept getting hit and stuff? I'm just hoping you understood what went wrong in each match and also the level of difference between people. It almost sounds like you weren't correctly gauging how strong that Litchi was during the match until after you realized he made top 4. And you're at a major and you're still inexperienced. Don't think only 5 people can beat you, everyone's a threat.

And I seriously think you need to put more time into Noel and BB as a whole. It's been awhile since I've played you but you're lacking in experience on how to deal with a lot of situations. Same goes for fundamentals.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Fundamentals, I think, are his biggest weakness lol. People can get by with strong fundamentals even without match up knowledge but no one gets by without fundamentals.

Top Bottom