• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
i'll be on

beasting with Shabrys
I think that's what you meant

Room will be up in about ten minutes. If I drop suddenly, let me apologize now. My son has been under the weather the last few days, but hopefully he'll sleep through the night tonight.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ugh....PS3 has been connected at like...14% all day and I can barely keep the freaking thing connected. Disconnected on me 9 times over 3 different games and I spent the last hour with it showing my friend's list as a big ol 0. And to give an idea on what my connection bit is normally, it's typically 43% on a bad day to 59% on a good day, with one day it said 62%, lol. Lately it's been 35%-37% for some reason. Hm...*wonders if drastic drop in connection speed has anything to do with brother/sister coming home and the router having to account for like the PS3, at least 3 laptops, and stuff*. :urg: :c

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
**** jam

your adapting speed is way too fast
I don't know, the win/loss seems to disagree lol.

I don't know what's going on with the connection, but I might as well call it a night anyway. Good games guys, it's always fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Alright, ggs then, guys. I'm gonna have improve my frame traps more since I've been getting mashed out.
I'll probably join another lobby next weekend or something.

Sion

Island of Horizon
ggs guys

minato, i felt like i couldn't get out of any of your pressure

though i wasn't really trying to find ways to get out

i should improve my defense

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, I stopped bursting out of his Narukami/Izanagi mixup and just tried different blocking schemes...with limited success lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Use Counter Assault (6A+B) if you haven't tried already, it's probably a better plan than bluebursting on wakeup.

Sorry about missing everything today, I had a tournament to play in.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Counter Assault?

Ehhhhhhh. High risk, low reward. 50 SP, easily baited, very punishable, et cetera. Sometimes it's better to wait for gaps in their pressure.

Edit: Ohhhhhhh. I see now, Aisight. That makes sense. It's a good option vs. Narukami's Izanagi shenanigans.

Smooth Criminal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Use Counter Assault (6A+B) if you haven't tried already, it's probably a better plan than bluebursting on wakeup.

Sorry about missing everything today, I had a tournament to play in.

The hilarious thing is that it's the first time I've heard "Counter Assault" with relation to Persona, for whatever reason.

Umby

Smash Master
Alright, ggs then, guys. I'm gonna have improve my frame traps more since I've been getting mashed out.
I'll probably join another lobby next weekend or something.
Mind filling me in? I only ever do 5A > dash > 5A and mess with with 5C > IAD back > 5C > 214C in training mode. I'd like to do something else.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ehhhhhhh. High risk, low reward. 50 SP, easily baited, very punishable, et cetera. Sometimes it's better to wait for gaps in their pressure.
Speaking of which, I usually try having an extra 50 SP to OMC because of that. Some opponents might react fast enough and cancel their move into a DP, super, or just straight up block it. I've also been trying to mess around with comboing after and leading into an oki setup.
Mind filling me in? I only ever do 5A > dash > 5A and mess with with 5C > IAD back > 5C > 214C in training mode. I'd like to do something else.
I pretty much do the first one a lot. But throw in some 2As, and pause a tiny bit between each of them, then 5A and dash and repeat. I do that mainly because it's good to throw some lows. Plus if it's just 5A dash 5A dash, they'll know when to DP.

Other frame traps I do just just creating gaps in normal block strings like corner 5B (gap) 5C (gap) 2C and then backdash cancel or do 236D. Backdash pretty much lets the opponent move around again, so you'll have pin them back down quickly. 236D isn't always great since if they expect it, they can definitely mash. It's good for people who respect you too much since they'll just get stuck blocking.

If they press a button and get CHed by 5C or 2C in the corner, that's a lot of damage. 236D will Fatal, but I don't know what's the best damage he can even get off of it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If they're guard canceling Izanagi/5D or anything that's not my character, it's easily baited since I usually hold back to block bursts and GCs. It's easy to see because the super armor is absorbing hits before the GC hits. If they're GCing my moves, I usually just cancel into DP or super if my reactions are good. It's like when I face Labrys players, I'll just cancel my move into something when I see that super armor DP kick in.

I've also seen a video where a Chie had her 5A GCed, so she DPed into power up super, and killed with a combo.
Not saying that GCs are bad, but you have to be smart with them like bursts.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
LWX, one day you'll learn that pressing buttons on wakeup is a one-way ticket to getting killed by Kanji's DP alone.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just me, but my connection with Blazingsai is awful.

It was good sometimes, but had some misses others. Though, there were a couple matches where things were odd and I swear that last match we did when that other guy game in (he was another Narukami I believe) wound up having a bad connection.

Also, two things. One, there was a match, I think it was against Aisight or that Elizabeth player where I must've been going insane because I could hear people yelling "block!" while I was thinking "shut up, I am!". Two, I remember fighting JamStunna when he was using Yukiko and not even realizing it was him until after the match and I was like "wait, that was JamStunna?".

However, that being said, I like to think I had a few better flashes if nothing else.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Grade system is based on win streaks. You need to win three in a row to rank up, or lose three in a row to rank down. Breaking either streak resets you to 0. Only ranked matches against players of similar rank (so if you're A, only B+, A, and A+ players count; and if you're S+, only S, S+, and SS players count) will go towards your win or loss streak. Using the "Display Search Results" function and only playing relevant matches, it's somewhat easy to quickly rank up until you've reached a grade where you can't win against people.

You can't rank down lower than C, and until C+ you're able to rank up by playing against anyone. If you're at S grade or higher, you instead need a 5 win streak to rank up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Grade system is based on win streaks. You need to win three in a row to rank up, or lose three in a row to rank down. Breaking either streak resets you to 0. Only ranked matches against players of similar rank (so if you're A, only B+, A, and A+ players count; and if you're S+, only S, S+, and SS players count) will go towards your win or loss streak. Using the "Display Search Results" function and only playing relevant matches, it's somewhat easy to quickly rank up until you've reached a grade where you can't win against people.

You can't rank down lower than C, and until C+ you're able to rank up by playing against anyone. If you're at S grade or higher, you instead need a 5 win streak to rank up.

Well that explains a lot of things. :glare:

Top Bottom