• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Basic string set up is whatever you want it to be. It can even involve three 2As into a B and sweep.
Just do whatever it takes so you can hit confirm.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Basic string set up is whatever you want it to be. It can even involve three 2As into a B and sweep.
Just do whatever it takes so you can hit confirm.

*Resists urge to suggest 5AAA>2AAA>5C>6D>j.D in an attempt to be funny*

You've probably got a point. I'll give some stuff a try later tonight.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think you can cancel 5aaa into anything except specials, supers, jumps, and dashes.

Umby

Smash Master
When should I look to use raw 5Cs and j.Cs with Yu and Aigis? I've noticed how much I omit them from my game plan, even though I like to count them as normals. I'm scared of losing a card, usually, but I'd like to be able to consider what situation I'm in to possibly the moves.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
When should I look to use raw 5Cs and j.Cs with Yu and Aigis? I've noticed how much I omit them from my game plan, even though I like to count them as normals. I'm scared of losing a card, usually, but I'd like to be able to consider what situation I'm in to possibly the moves.
For Narukami, it depends. If they're a masher, I'll pick up on that and just meaty 5C on their wake up and go into a OMB combo. Other than that, the most reliable ways I get a 5C starter is delaying it as a frame trap, or punishing a really laggy move. If it's a DP, I'll punish with 5C if I can, same goes for whenever I roll behind an AoA. You can also punish a roll if they're spaced wrong, but it's safer to just do 5B.

I try not to go for it too much now unless it's a really obvious punish. I'm not sure for Aigis.
I won't raw j.C though. Not worth it for him since there are better options.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't think you can cancel 5aaa into anything except specials, supers, jumps, and dashes.

That...was part of the point and joke. I keep forgetting not everybody here knows how dry my sense of humour can get.

For Narukami, it depends. If they're a masher, I'll pick up on that and just meaty 5C on their wake up and go into a OMB combo. Other than that, the most reliable ways I get a 5C starter is delaying it as a frame trap, or punishing a really laggy move. If it's a DP, I'll punish with 5C if I can, same goes for whenever I roll behind an AoA. You can also punish a roll if they're spaced wrong, but it's safer to just do 5B.

I try not to go for it too much now unless it's a really obvious punish. I'm not sure for Aigis.
I won't raw j.C though. Not worth it for him since there are better options.
5C also links half decently into 2C if you hit with 5C and decide to want to make some distance between you and your opponent, right?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's amazing. I'm so using that when people don't get when I'm being funny now. Though...a lot of people seem to attest to it taking a good while to be able to actually tell stuff like that anyway.

I did forget to ask but, can you do the Sweep>5D follow up thing off of a fireball in the case of you throwing one out and the opponent turning out to be close when they get hit, or jumping over it and being in range.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
5C also links half decently into 2C if you hit with 5C and decide to want to make some distance between you and your opponent, right?
I use 5C into 2C for combos, frame traps, or to backdash cancel after that block string.
So I guess, yes? As far as backdash cancelling the 2C goes at least.
I did forget to ask but, can you do the Sweep>5D follow up thing off of a fireball in the case of you throwing one out and the opponent turning out to be close when they get hit, or jumping over it and being in range.
Don't even try throwing a Zio at that distance in the first place. That's a badly spaced Zio because of start up and recovery.
Whether it works or not, I dunno. Probably off of CH, but I'd rather do some other combo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I just like to try and be prepared for bad case things. With me it's like I often tend to go "have a Plan B for Plan A, and a Plan C for Plan B" though I try to look at things as "if A, then B. If B, then C instead" or "A causes B" in a bizarre way.

Umby

Smash Master
I was considering getting wrecked until I saw "connection is good."

I'll try anyway if there's still space. Just kick me if I lag too much.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, this is giving me flashbacks to when I got bodied my OmniScythe in a random BB lobby once. Or how my first or second online MK9 match was like...against OnlineTony. :urg:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
HOW 2 PLAY AGAINST S.LABBY.

My godlike misinputs are amazing too. I wish I had a stick.

GGs Lyth and your friends. Didn't get to play you as much due to us getting bodied by that s.labby =/.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
GGs, Crusayer! Your Chie is really good, probably the best one I've come across so far. We'll definitely have to play again sometime. :3

Yeah, I know what you mean. I play him irl sometimes, and I know all of his tricks, and can beat everything he does, just not in lag. #salt Also, the key to beating him is that he never blocks with Asterius in neutral.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Any plans for a room tonight/tomorrow night? Getting the urge to get in some practice again before I forget everything and decide to DP and only DP. :bee:

Umby

Smash Master
I might set something up tonight. I might be hanging at a friends with faster internet and an ethernet cable. Don't allow me to play Yu. I'm supposed to be getting used to handling Aigis. .__.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Ggs, Jam Stunna. Ugh. One opening and I get 5k to the face.

Still can't react to grabs or slides... Too fast, man. Too fast.

And sorry about the Dia reads. I guess not playing for a week brought out the bad juju. Tbh, though, I don't think I've ever played so well before. Felt good.

:phone:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah man, good games. Dacidbro once tweeted, "If you can react to 13 frame grabs then you can win in P4A" lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sorry I didn't get on tonight, guys. One of my Uncharted 3 buddies who I hadn't played with for ages got the urge to pick it up again for a night so I figured "why not".

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll join whenever the room is up. (I might've jinxed the room now and less people will join)

Top Bottom