• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Sion

Island of Horizon
F- to D-: press buttons all the time
D to C+: pressing buttons, dping/rolling all day
B to A: knows how to combo, still dping/rolling
A+ to SS: has some matchup exp, smarter

most common letter grade experiences

i find that rank/PSR mean almost nothing. i have only played against 2 notable S ranks. one aigis player that i ran into on netplay, and minato. aisight too. i don't know if he's S rank tho

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
aisight is S, yeshum.

Tbh, I should be in the B's, I can imagine.

General ranked netplay is just too laggy, though. It's hard for me to want to even touch it. Not a lot of people are available when I Custom Match it.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i'm not trying to compare you guys to that letter grade chart i just made lol

also i feel like your net is really good, sakurazaki. my connection to you was a 3 at one point, and i never get 3s with anyone in cali. i'm surprised that you're not connecting with anyone, though. i feel like cali would be the best place to find people on netplay. that or possibly east coast/tristate area

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I might be picking bad times to play, too, heh.

Yeah, my internet is pretty good, so it's good to see people from far places getting a relatively good connection. I can get games on during the weekend, but I generally get on pretty late at night on weekdays (after homework and whatnot). I'm sure everyone is tired or something by then, but I dunno.

It's a bit early, like mid-week, lol, but anyone up for rounds this weekend? Or planning on playing this weekend? :>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i find that rank/PSR mean almost nothing. i have only played against 2 notable S ranks. one aigis player that i ran into on netplay, and minato. aisight too. i don't know if he's S rank tho
Yeah. I'm actually a pretty bad S rank player compared to the others I've met lol. But that's because my playstyle is too focused on waiting for an opening or for the opponent to make a mistake.

Also, this game seems to be teaching fundamentals pretty well since some people I've played are improving things like spacing, pressure, oki, and etc instead of just combos. Only bad thing, imo, is DP being two buttons for lower level players. At the same time, DP being two buttons are really good for the smarter players lol.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I need to practice my combos so I can actually do damage.

Me not knowing how to confirm into damage combos at midscreen (without omb) makes my game be like "please guess wrong 10 times".

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm only S rank because my friend who played BlazBlue got there in like two days on my account. I have an alt at B rank.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ack. Heading out to T13 tomorrow night. So hype. Gonna be a blast and getting back Monday night despite only having a place to crash secured for Friday and Saturday nights, lol.

Umby

Smash Master
I was playing a lot more horrid than usual tonight and realize that my approach and spacing are terrible. I feel like I can't really threaten anyone to *not* press a button and I get hit by things I shouldn't be getting hit by so often. Either with Naruakami or Aigis I keep hearing "press 5B" or "press j.C" respectively, but I'm having trouble picking spots when doing so. I especially feel like I force the approach with Narukami. When I'm outside of 5B/2B range but close enough that that most opponents can air dash and touch me with the furthest part of their aerial, I feel stuck because pressing a button likely gets me counter hit. If I don't press a button, though, it's like giving the opponent a chance at a free jump in when I don't react.

That said, I'd like some intel on approaching with Yu and Aigis. I obviously have trouble with the neutral game as well, but I feel like that's been gone over in this or another thread before.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Have you tried watching any match videos? Find some good Aigis and Yu players, and watch to see how they approach, and how they play their neutral game. If there's any particular match-up that you play more often than others, check those out first.

Dustloop has a pretty good selection of videos. Also, jourdal and pktazn upload a lot of Japanese match videos on their channels, check them out as well.

Edit: also, if you have a capture device or some way of recording your matches, I'm sure some people here could give you a critique as to what you need to work on. At least in the Narukami sense, we've got a couple of those, right?

Umby

Smash Master
I recorded/posted a couple of Aigis vids here a while back. I haven't really worked much on her since then, so not much has changed, save that I occasionally just JUMP FORWARD instead of boosting across the screen the moment I get into Orgia Mode. I'll post them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWWggMqnt5E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr0PvnUR8jU

Admittedly, I don't watch as many vids of other players as I should, but when I do, I can't quite see what it is that they're doing. I come back and watch that Koichi vs FAB vid that Minato linked me to earlier, but I couldn't really understand what Koichi's approach methods were. Not to mention, Kanji was often grounded when Aigis went in, and my opponents usually take to the sky. Apparently my j.A and j.C are good air-to-air options (and it seems so, watching other players), but I keep getting beaten out by everything.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Admittedly, I don't watch as many vids of other players as I should, but when I do, I can't quite see what it is that they're doing. I come back and watch that Koichi vs FAB vid that Minato linked me to earlier, but I couldn't really understand what Koichi's approach methods were.
I think that could be a problem. I don't know a lot about Aigis, so I can't say for sure, but I'd try looking at other Aigis players and see if they do things differently. Koichi's a great GG player (and plays other games iirc), but I'm not sure how much he puts into P4A. For all I know, he could be one of those players that just have great fundamentals but are unaware of the small things about the character or game. If you want to analyze match videos, it's best to watch it at least twice at a minimum. Focus on the character you're maining, and then focus on the opponent and how they react.

Also, I might be up for some P4A today. I dunno if anyone has a lobby planned or anything like that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think Sakurazaki is away. I have to take care of some stuff, so I'll set up a lobby in a bit if he still doesnt.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
MAN WHAT.

Did your dp clash through my godhand and then dp'd through the clash Minato?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
^Nope. Lol @ dat timeout. Was waiting for minato to ziodyne me to chip me down but guess not.

That was the 2nd time I have played against an Aigis in my life.

What was even going on

Crusayer

Smash Lord
What happened to Jam? He leveled up so much since like 2 weeks ago.

Dat hyperbolic time chamber \o/

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh fantastic last bit there with me failing meteor input 5 times in a row.

-_________________________-

GGs to everyone.

Top Bottom