• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A few characters, like Yukiko, can dash under Kanji's air grab if Kanji did it from high in the air and they're feeling gutsy; but generally crouching is the reaction, yeah. It's kinda unintuitive at first because most people want to jump away from or standing block people in the air.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh boy. It's gonna take a few games to get my double quarter circles back again -______-.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
So would crouching be better than dashing? Or is Kanji's DP able to go off before I try to 2A you?

Yeah, I guess I'll just keep playing Kanji's. I'm getting the feel for it. :]

ggs guys. I might have to quit the room early. Duty calls again. Who wants to create the new room? If I'm available later, I'll join back, but I highly doubt it :[ Trying to make it organized so it doesn't become a whole bunch of clusterstuff like yesterday, lol.

Lag is so heavy against you, Crusayer xD

*YESSSS AISIGHT'S YUKIKO. Just a bit salty that we use the same color. I see you do a few raw 5Cs and stick to Maragi C and Agi A.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My raw 5Cs are either to deal with a telegraphed air approach or to detonate the C Maragi, or both. It's a somewhat mediocre anti-air only made viable by its excellent range. Agi B is probably a better idea for certain setups, especially with 5D or 2D, but I like staying in your face.

EDIT: I see you're learning a few of my tricks, haha.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yes, lol. I love watching other Yukiko's play. Now to just remember them ._. That's what these replays are for, I suppose.

Yeah, I've generally used Agi B for 5D/2D setups, but I'm still working out on how to do those. I'll consider Agi A for "staying in your face", heh.

EDIT; Dammit, aisight. That was good. xD

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, it just took me until now to realize how serious crap got when Aisight got in, lol. Or...maybe it's just me going "crap, I can't even take a round off him".

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wake up godhand input. Oh how you have failed me in that last match. Totally would've gotten it to work /o\.

Umby

Smash Master
GGs. Sorry about my connection. I'm sure everyone felt like they were moving through sludge. D:

Sorry about that last match, Umby. That was awfully free xD
I think if you'd caught on that I was abusing Swift Strike a bit at range, you'd have been a bit more likely to shut me down. It low profiles 5B, so I've been using it wayyy too much (ask Aisight). You've got my number next time.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Oh, right, ggs everyone.

Yeah... I sorta caught on, but my reactions are kinda bad when it comes to vs. Yu. It's a bit fast for my eyes, atm. That and it was a bit laggy, heh. Still, looking forward to more games.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Umby's connection to mine was horrific X_x

GGs everyone. I expected LWX to mash DP more but then he just mashed 5a instead /o\.

I am free to overheads and grabs. Aisight used like 5 AoAs in one match against me `-`

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I might step out and back in this one cuz I want to see Fchamp vs Chris G ft15 lol xD

My PSN btw is Teczero8

Oh nice, is that on iplaywinner, leveluplive, or spooky's stream?

Also, good games everyone. Even though for a bit it was kind of like "wait a bit, get bodied by Aisight, repeat" lol. It's weird, even though I lost a bunch (well, after the room got re-formed so not counting the 3-4 before that), most of them were still pretty close and I felt I at least learned a bunch. And I'm half convinced at this point Crusayer and I might just have some friendly rivalry going or something.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh nice, is that on iplaywinner, leveluplive, or spooky's stream?

Also, good games everyone. Even though for a bit it was kind of like "wait a bit, get bodied by Aisight, repeat" lol. It's weird, even though I lost a bunch (well, after the room got re-formed so not counting the 3-4 before that), most of them were still pretty close and I felt I at least learned a bunch. And I'm half convinced at this point Crusayer and I might just have some friendly rivalry going or something.
http://www.twitch.tv/consolecombat

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Rumors of my skill are greatly exaggerated. You'll all find the weaknesses to my playstyle eventually.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah, okay. And about the matches earlier. I tried to like reduce how often I DPed and stuff but I unfortunately sometimes would wind up doing it when I just intended to do a B (X button press). Facepalmage typically ensued after.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I felt like everyone was kinda overwhelming to me in my games.

I'm still really new so I straight up don't understand quite a bit whats going on/what moves to abuse/what to do in certain spots/etc.

I did have a ton of fun though playing everyone.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I felt like everyone was kinda overwhelming to me in my games.

I'm still really new so I straight up don't understand quite a bit whats going on/what moves to abuse/what to do in certain spots/etc.

I did have a ton of fun though playing everyone.

No worries man. I have no formal practice aside from the past 2 nights (and a half hour on Friday night with some friends) with Narukami. Truth be told, I'm surprised I did as well as I did since half the combos I tried/went for I totally made up on the fly. Don't get me wrong though, it's not like my BB Noel bit where before I took a bit of a break I felt that I could just tweak and modify any combo I could do that I felt like by any means.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
you gotta get your opponent to respect you before you start doing mixups

Problem is I seem to either give too much respect or go in with total reckless abandon and no respect on things.

Also I had to laugh at Crusayer's bit on my "just mashing 5A instead of DP", which is funny since while it was half true (I feel I mashed j.A more), there was a number of "meaning to do other moves that involved A instead" things. Still, hopefully I didn't do too badly for someone who doesn't know the character.

Sion

Island of Horizon
see, here's the thing

the amount of respect you give is based on what you experience from the opponent

respect should not be set in stone. it's either earned or not earned at all

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
see, here's the thing

the amount of respect you give is based on what you experience from the opponent

respect should not be set in stone. it's either earned or not earned at all

Ah yes, sound reasons and fighting game logic. Such things do not apply when I decide to go into "random mode".

Top Bottom